Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Oct 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1729153)   #51
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
What is this, a one to one, guys? Can I butt and ask about DD300? Isn't/wasn't it a Healey 3000, and this talk of Blackpool ...... TVR? I think you might find that you have lost most of us!
Iam very sorry my TVR wich raced at Spa last weekend was made at HOO HILL works (and not south of Birmingham) and in those days TVR was a kitcarfactory as lotus. My car raced lots of years in the SCCA USA and has a lot of Patina.
As long as I love Healeys I know DD300 and it is and was my favourite big Healey. It was sometimes fast (last year Goodwood as a good example!) and the nice thing of it was the truckload of patina. John Chatham sold it to a Dutchman, it was restored (a bit over the top to my taste, but afterall its not my car) They ran the car in Classic Le MAns and it was in the 6 hours . Had a Healey backfire in practice (burning carbs) and did one lap in the race. I hope they stay in love with the car and will use it a lot, lot in racing next years so it will become as it was!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5 Oct 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1729164)   #52
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
Iam very sorry my TVR wich raced at Spa last weekend was made at HOO HILL works (and not south of Birmingham) and in those days TVR was a kitcarfactory as lotus. My car raced lots of years in the SCCA USA and has a lot of Patina.
As long as I love Healeys I know DD300 and it is and was my favourite big Healey. It was sometimes fast (last year Goodwood as a good example!) and the nice thing of it was the truckload of patina. John Chatham sold it to a Dutchman, it was restored (a bit over the top to my taste, but afterall its not my car) They ran the car in Classic Le MAns and it was in the 6 hours . Had a Healey backfire in practice (burning carbs) and did one lap in the race. I hope they stay in love with the car and will use it a lot, lot in racing next years so it will become as it was!!!!!!!!!!
Im only joking Esper, over the years I worked on a lot of T.V.Rs,Both of the Griff,s won the Six Hours on consecutive years, then we built three Granturas and finally a1600 Vixen, all of these cars we looked after for quite some time.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1729169)   #53
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Im only joking Esper, over the years I worked on a lot of T.V.Rs,Both of the Griff,s won the Six Hours on consecutive years, then we built three Granturas and finally a1600 Vixen, all of these cars we looked after for quite some time.
you worked on that griff..............!
Old 5 Oct 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1729209)   #54
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Why was Chris Conoley not at the Spa 6h? love to see him flying in the Grantura!
Old 5 Oct 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1729215)   #55
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you worked on that griff..............!
Afraid so.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1729222)   #56
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Why was Chris Conoley not at the Spa 6h? love to see him flying in the Grantura!
Chris was at Spa, he was driving a TR4 in Gentleman Drivers, at least till a TZ1 spun in front of him. Im going to be straightening it out soon.Joe Ward still owns the Grantura,The Light Blue one ,that is.Another of" my "cars:There was also the Yellow car in BSS race ,that was the last Griff that we won the Six Hours with:

Last edited by terence; 5 Oct 2006 at 19:56.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1729231)   #57
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Afraid so.
Remember seeing it at Assen last year , ran over us like we were standing (on Avons) go to see some suspension parts not realy like the Grantura parts they should be. But Car (Frits) went as stink.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1729235)   #58
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
King Fritzes car is the first Six hour win we had.Due to an over sight by Joe, we had to buy some seventy series tyres for the event, the only ones we could get at one days notice were Continentals, we only changed the rears in the whole six hours.Apart from refueling, it ran like clockwork.

Last edited by terence; 5 Oct 2006 at 20:08.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1729239)   #59
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
But ofcourse the Sephenson and Ward Granturas are my examples and maybe their excelent results of 2004 accelerated my decision on a Grantura. But were are those 3,07s they did in 2004?
One MGB was realy flying this year (mr Smith Junior!) I was impressed. you can complain about the car which I will never do (didn't see it) but still it was a great achievement. Dutch Roman Caresani must haven been impressed as well to only just get before it in 7th place with a very developed (and no jokes) 911
Old 5 Oct 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1729251)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
But ofcourse the Sephenson and Ward Granturas are my examples and maybe their excelent results of 2004 accelerated my decision on a Grantura. But were are those 3,07s they did in 2004?
One MGB was realy flying this year (mr Smith Junior!) I was impressed. you can complain about the car which I will never do (didn't see it) but still it was a great achievement. Dutch Roman Caresani must haven been impressed as well to only just get before it in 7th place with a very developed (and no jokes) 911
Dont forget the different Bus Stop Layout, may be another two seconds a lap. The M.G.B, Ill make no comment about.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1729264)   #61
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Dont forget the different Bus Stop Layout, may be another two seconds a lap. The M.G.B, Ill make no comment about.
Wich means a lot of cars got faster in the spa 6 hours over the years agains the Granturas. my impression?
Old 5 Oct 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1729266)   #62
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Wich means a lot of cars got faster in the spa 6 hours over the years agains the Granturas. my impression?
What supprised me was the fact that the winning car only completed 104 laps, three years ago I finished 18th o/a on 101 laps!!.We did start from 73rd ,I must say it was a huge amount of fun making up the deficit!!
Old 18 Oct 2006, 07:43 (Ref:1740861)   #63
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Guys, many of the posts on the last few pages are barely on topic (and that's being generous! ). Would you like me to split some of it into a new thread topic, although for the life of me, I can't think what to call it? I certainly think readers might struggle to understand some of this, let alone what is has to do with Spa!
Old 18 Oct 2006, 07:54 (Ref:1740864)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps it could be entitled "Tool Time" or Terence's Tool Time?
Old 18 Oct 2006, 08:05 (Ref:1740871)   #65
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Understood.!
Old 18 Oct 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1740877)   #66
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

Just aquick question,what would the reaction be to a well known Hotel in Francorchamps being run by Britt,s??? I take it that everyone has heard that Barry,s spring race will not take place because of the work on the paddock etc.Hopefully I should have more details soon. there are other rumers actually concerning the Six Hour,Ipromise to keep you posted.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1741171)   #67
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
would be on top of the historci racing quotes for month 5 star rating!
Old 18 Oct 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1741173)   #68
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Just aquick question,what would the reaction be to a well known Hotel in Francorchamps being run by Britt,s??? I take it that everyone has heard that Barry,s spring race will not take place because of the work on the paddock etc.Hopefully I should have more details soon. there are other rumers actually concerning the Six Hour,Ipromise to keep you posted.
same goes for all may motor union races and the splendid FHR trackday end of april (this year there were still heaps of snow behind the bariers at eau rouge, but it was Germanly well organisated!)
Old 18 Oct 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1741211)   #69
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
same goes for all may motor union races and the splendid FHR trackday end of april (this year there were still heaps of snow behind the bariers at eau rouge, but it was Germanly well organisated!)
Maybe we should enlist some Germans to organize the scruteneering for the 6hr,s?
Old 18 Oct 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1741245)   #70
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Maybe we should enlist some Germans to organize the scruteneering for the 6hr,s?
please not , i am a great lover of british humour.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 14:59 (Ref:1741248)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
please not , i am a great lover of british humour.
Our scrutineers are not that funny,Jeremy does try his best though!
Old 18 Oct 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1741252)   #72
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Our scrutineers are not that funny,Jeremy does try his best though!
Can't remember his name Barry S always had a good one. (British)
Old 18 Oct 2006, 15:06 (Ref:1741258)   #73
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Can't remember his name Barry S always had a good one. (British)
One,; of a list
Old 18 Oct 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1741401)   #74
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
One,; of a list
just a good scrutineer!
Old 18 Oct 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1741463)   #75
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
That is one of the problems they are facing at the moment at Spa (see our other thread about the restrictions), not enough "nightraces" are allowed next year.

The hotel is the one "very close" to the track I guess. If so, that has been a problem for ages.
Its on the top corner of Francorchamps,so not too close.