Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 20 Mar 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3045431)   #1
Adrian Thompson
Rookie

Adrian Thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VanDieman Formula first chassis pictures?

Does anyone have any pictures or details of the old VanDieman Formula First chassis? Delving Google has had no luck, I can’t believe no picture exist out there? I recall it as being a fun formula and I liked the Terrapin-esc transverse engine and trans idea. It strikes me as a great formula for a simple home built single seater for autocross (I don’t know what it’s called in the UK, racing around cones in a parking lot). I think some have been used in the UK for sprints and hillclimbs, but again I can’t find any photo’s.

Thanks
Old 20 Mar 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3045474)   #2
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's the same car as Norwegian Formula Basic. Lots of photos here: http://formulabasic.com/gallery/
Old 20 Mar 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3045476)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
I think it's the same car as Norwegian Formula Basic. Lots of photos here: http://formulabasic.com/gallery/
That does look like the old VD - I wondered where they all went to! Remember the chaos of the first few years, wasnt it 87 onwards? Some loons there - Kelvin Burt started off in them, and others like Rafael del Sarte.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3045503)   #4
Adrian Thompson
Rookie

That's it thank you. That's what I was looking for. Now I still want picture of the bare chassis or car with the bodywork removed. Anyone got any of those?
Old 21 Mar 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3046221)   #5
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I may be able to let you have these indirectly.
My mates one was a brilliant car and I was lucky enough to drive it in a few sprints

I may have pictures of it part unclothed.

Bear with me as they are in Spain and i am back there this weekend, so will dig them out and scan them into my PC
Old 23 Mar 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3047149)   #6
Adrian Thompson
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out Farr View Post
I think I may be able to let you have these indirectly.
My mates one was a brilliant car and I was lucky enough to drive it in a few sprints

I may have pictures of it part unclothed.

Bear with me as they are in Spain and i am back there this weekend, so will dig them out and scan them into my PC

Thank you, thank you. I'm waiting with baited breath!