Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Jan 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3701383)   #1401
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goff did drive the Insignia for Team HARD so in essence "home" coming
Old 9 Jan 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3701385)   #1402
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'd like to see Goff prove himself more in 2017 wherever he ends up
Old 9 Jan 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3701391)   #1403
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Goff did drive the Insignia for Team HARD so in essence "home" coming
That would fit with Gilham's "someone borrowed" tweet... although not sure where the "someone 22" would fit in!
Old 9 Jan 2017, 23:52 (Ref:3701408)   #1404
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
That would fit with Gilham's "someone borrowed" tweet... although not sure where the "someone 22" would fit in!
Where has he been borrowed from? That doesn't fit.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3701520)   #1405
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The only BTCC drivers that could be 'borrowed' in my mind are Aron Taylor-Smith(BMR/BKR) Ashley Sutton(BMR) & Dan Welch (from his own team!), though the borrowed could well be to do with the GT team, so we might be barking up the wrong tree.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3701530)   #1406
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Tony Gilham's latest tweet:

Looking forward to next week & @Autosport_Show Meetings for @DunlopBTCC & @BritishGT #someoneold #someonenew #someoneborrowed #someone22

Could be for British GT, but this seems to hint that their driver will be running number 22.
Having thought about this for while - the obvious answer seems to be the (currently) 22-yr old Jake Hill.

So,

Old - Epps, having been with the team for a while
New - Burns, making the step up
Borrowed - Howard Fuller to GT campaign?
22 - Jake Hill
Old 10 Jan 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3701532)   #1407
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I can only assume that Team Parker have bought the Focus, if they didn't own it in the first place.
They didn't, but Martin could have sold the car to someone else, and Parker bought a different car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Strange. But DUO is a backer of both Jackson and Collard, so perhaps makes economical sense for them to be in the same team?
I on't think Duo is a backer of any specific drivers. They back teams who will give them hospitality in addition to a logo on the car, and if hospitality is their primary objective, sponsoring multiple teams is better than sponsoring just one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Likewise, I've got my fingers crossed Jake will be in one of the cars, I'd say Depper or Collard the others in contention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Having thought about this for while - the obvious answer seems to be the (currently) 22-yr old Jake Hill.
Jake will turn 23 before the start of the season though, so doesn't really make sense.

I'd like to see him in an MG, and if Sutton's going to be in a Subaru, then there's a seat available.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3701533)   #1408
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Raced with HARD in 2013 so borrowed by other teams?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3701534)   #1409
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Jake will turn 23 before the start of the season though, so doesn't really make sense.
It does if

A) you need a rhyming hashtag
B) you're hashtag is related to the AutoSport show
Old 10 Jan 2017, 08:51 (Ref:3701537)   #1410
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Has anyone seen the pricing for the Silverstone rounds this year?

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/...-championship/

I can't work it out, are they charging for grandstand seats now seperately? It says general admission plus roving, does that mean you can walk about? I'm sure before it said general admission plus free unreserved seating...?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3701539)   #1411
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is "something old, something new, something borrowed" not an old rhyme associated with Marriage as well?

Which could tie in more with Aron Taylor-Smith?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3701549)   #1412
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
They didn't, but Martin could have sold the car to someone else, and Parker bought a different car....
Alex could of sold the car, but either to a team that already has a TBL and no car, or a series that doesn't require TBL's. Selling the car to Team Parker Racing would of made the most sense.

Now the series entry deadline has passed TBL's cannot be moved, and the TBL is in the name of Team Parker Racing. So the days of TBL's and cars moving together are over for 2017.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 10:23 (Ref:3701555)   #1413
pagey318
Rookie

pagey318 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read it that Alex Martin has sold the car and TBL but because whoever has bought them is still having the car run by Parker it isn't breaking any TBL rules. TBLs can change hands, but the car along side the TBL needs to be run by the same team. So he can sell his car and TBL to anyone in the world, as long as Parker run the car, its allowed.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3701557)   #1414
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Has anyone seen the pricing for the Silverstone rounds this year?

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/...-championship/

I can't work it out, are they charging for grandstand seats now seperately? It says general admission plus roving, does that mean you can walk about? I'm sure before it said general admission plus free unreserved seating...?
If you read the 'what's included' section and the FAQ's:

What’s included
    • FREE pit walk (time tbc)
    • Free paddock access all weekend
    • Post race track walk
    • On track podium presentation
    • Children aged 15 and under can attend for free
    • Family friendly entertainment
    • Roving grandstand seating
    • Free car parking
    • Silverstone Radio broadcasting on 87.7FM
    • Giant viewing screens
'Where does my ticket entitle me to go/what are the ticket options?
Entrance ticket price includes roving grandstand seat access, free of charge parking, open paddock and pit walk.'

Grandstand seats are not being sold separately, only reserved seating in Copse/Woodcote
Old 10 Jan 2017, 10:44 (Ref:3701561)   #1415
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
is "something old, something new, something borrowed" not an old rhyme associated with Marriage as well?

Which could tie in more with Aron Taylor-Smith?
It is, but it ends with 'something blue' not 22. The 22 must be included for a specific reason, or why change the rhyme?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3701566)   #1416
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is, but it ends with 'something blue' not 22. The 22 must be included for a specific reason, or why change the rhyme?

Chris Smiley ran as no. 22 in 2016 before the money ran out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 Jan 2017, 11:14 (Ref:3701567)   #1417
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Chris Smiley ran as no. 22 in 2016 before the money ran out.
Already confirmed at BTC Norlin.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3701568)   #1418
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Already confirmed at BTC Norlin.

Maybe 22 is the number of drivers Gilham has signed up for seats at Team Hard, just rotating them as funding runs out. With Tony he generally over promises and under delivers, if previous years are anything to go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 Jan 2017, 11:28 (Ref:3701570)   #1419
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yeah that's the bit that's confusing me

Jake Hill is the "obvious" choice
Old 10 Jan 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3701576)   #1420
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
yeah that's the bit that's confusing me

Jake Hill is the "obvious" choice
Apart from rumblings that Jake was unlikely to be returning with them & was in negotiations with other teams.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3701579)   #1421
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
special TTT Podcast with Bartie today and drivers to be announced

https://twitter.com/Motorbase?ref_sr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Old 10 Jan 2017, 13:21 (Ref:3701585)   #1422
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Jake Hill has 'liked' this tweet
Old 10 Jan 2017, 13:25 (Ref:3701586)   #1423
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Quote:

Could be linked to the fact Rob Collard won't be at ASI as he isn't available, so the announcement comes before the livery unveil, no evidence just a thought that sprang to mind!
Old 10 Jan 2017, 13:32 (Ref:3701587)   #1424
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
So has Paul O'Neill....!

But it really looks like Hill will be at Motorbase; if so that's great news.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 14:52 (Ref:3701601)   #1425
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
He's also 'liked' the following tweets in recent days/weeks:

Andrew Jordan - WSR/BMW Pirtek
Team HARD posts (numerous)
Matt Neal - Type R
AmD S3 - ready for Autosport Show
Tony Gilham's Epps & Hill Cobra Seats

It might mean he is connected to any/all of the above - or it could just mean that he likes the tweets?

If he is at Motorbase, it opens up the HARD/22 question again....