Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Aug 2013, 02:32 (Ref:3287127)   #51
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's only only report of this type that has been released publicly so is the only guide anyone has to the true costs and value of these sort of events so although some of the data may have changed the methodology and lessons learned are still valid today.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 04:05 (Ref:3287145)   #52
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
see i have a government report from 1922 saying how good a street race would be and its benefits. Is that still relevant or has time moved on?

While any learnings might be useful, any facts are now out of date, times have changed
But you dont have such a report?

Times have changed however the principles about what makes a street race successful for Government funding do not.

The Auditor General report highlighted how the event in Canberra didnt work, the falsifying and enhanced reporting of economic impacts and crowds etc

Not sure how such information is no longer valid?

A more recent Auditor Generals report into street racing from 2010 is below.
http://www.audit.nsw.gov.au/ArticleD...f.aspx?Embed=Y
Old 8 Aug 2013, 04:15 (Ref:3287150)   #53
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
see i have a government report from 1922 saying how good a street race would be and its benefits. Is that still relevant or has time moved on?

While any learnings might be useful, any facts are now out of date, times have changed
I am speechless. I have no reply to this.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 04:20 (Ref:3287152)   #54
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
an even more modern report can be found at www.clipsal 500.com.au

your welcome to look it up.

Sure i have it DRT, come over and i will show you, street races have been happening all around the world almost since cars were invented.

some valuable learning in that link DRT. Learnings for future events of all kinds. That's all they are.
Old 8 Aug 2013, 04:28 (Ref:3287154)   #55
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
some valuable learning in that link DRT. Learnings for future events of all kinds. That's all they are.
Definitely valuable learnings Peckstar however one would hope these challenges would need to be addressed prior to event like this happening again.

Quote:
Sure i have it DRT, come over and i will show you, street races have been happening all around the world almost since cars were invented.
They have and there have been numerous - but how many have been sustainable over a long period of time?? Monaco, Long Beach, Gold Coast (however its form of late is in question)
Old 8 Aug 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3287165)   #56
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Definitely valuable learnings Peckstar however one would hope these challenges would need to be addressed prior to event like this happening again.

They have and there have been numerous - but how many have been sustainable over a long period of time?? Monaco, Long Beach, Gold Coast (however its form of late is in question)
Well obviusly we add Adelaide to that list. Clearly Melbourne has been going nearly 20 years and ahs recently been renewed
Old 7 May 2016, 00:44 (Ref:3639321)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Council Says NO to Geelong Street Race
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 7 May 2016, 01:13 (Ref:3639323)   #58
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But its the heartland. And the venue. And a race like Clipsal. And the city wanted it. Yadda Yadda Yadda.
Reality is their city council is a mess, an announcement of a new street race stood a snowflakes chance after recent happenings there.
Old 7 May 2016, 02:37 (Ref:3639330)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
But its the heartland. And the venue. And a race like Clipsal. And the city wanted it. Yadda Yadda Yadda.
Reality is their city council is a mess, an announcement of a new street race stood a snowflakes chance after recent happenings there.
Arguably, if Ford was still building engines there long term, it may have been closer to possibility..
Old 7 May 2016, 03:25 (Ref:3639331)   #60
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A change at Clipsal 500 management team...

..from the Adelaide Advertiser yesterday...
Old 7 Jul 2016, 03:41 (Ref:3657413)   #61
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
as does the Central Coast