Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Jul 2016, 01:39 (Ref:3657906)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The alleged story around this one is interesting..

Plus Fitness were apparently giving away stuff to fans at the back of the Erebus garage.. and quite a large crowd were there...

It seems someone inside Erebus had a conversation with the Plus Fitness lot, and requested they cease & desist their giveaway, and to hunt the crowd away, apparently.

Which wasn't taken too well by the people running the giveaway, who continued till they ran out of stuff, and were last seen departing the circuit really piddled off, allegedly

There is more singibg & dancing happening in this garage... but it is said that isnt a bad flavour of what's going on, or not

No love?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Jul 2016, 02:07 (Ref:3657908)   #27
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently the Erebus merch truck was left at home in Melbourne this year, too.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 02:26 (Ref:3657911)   #28
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a moment during the commentary on yesterday's race where Crompton & Skaife were talking about David Reynolds, and seemed to be trying to make some sort of point by repeatedly mentioning how he was in a single car team this year....
Old 10 Jul 2016, 03:30 (Ref:3657916)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speedcafe Catches Up

... Finally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the article
LDM was a surprise beneficiary of a trackside spat between company owner John Fuller and Erebus Motorsport, which fields Aaren Russell’s Plus Fitness backed Holden.

The disagreement, believed to have centred around Plus Fitness’ efforts to activate the sponsorship with promotional material in the paddock, saw Fuller storm from the circuit.

Wayne Russell, who put together the Plus Fitness deal to run his son Aaren under Erebus’ second Racing Entitlements Contract this year, declined to comment on the matter.

Discussions with the sponsor over the future of the entry are expected to take place this week.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 05:05 (Ref:3657924)   #30
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The alleged story around this one is interesting..

Plus Fitness were apparently giving away stuff to fans at the back of the Erebus garage.. and quite a large crowd were there...

It seems someone inside Erebus had a conversation with the Plus Fitness lot, and requested they cease & desist their giveaway, and to hunt the crowd away, apparently.

Which wasn't taken too well by the people running the giveaway, who continued till they ran out of stuff, and were last seen departing the circuit really piddled off, allegedly

There is more singibg & dancing happening in this garage... but it is said that isnt a bad flavour of what's going on, or not

No love?

If that's for real then that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's bloody hard work to attract sponsors and it's getting harder in this climate. For a team to do this is utterly stupid.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 05:19 (Ref:3657925)   #31
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is Erebus we're talking about.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 07:15 (Ref:3657930)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
erebus still tagging fitness plus in facebook posts
Old 10 Jul 2016, 09:17 (Ref:3657944)   #33
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
This is Erebus we're talking about.
To attract a good crowd using the sponsors branding giving them good exposure only to be told to shut it down and send the unwashed who could be potential customers away is just beyond belief. You make the sponsor happy and maybe they'll tip in some more money in the belief that theyre on the right path and maybe if you're a certain team owner and you own the REC the car is running under you might be able to ask for a bit more come the end of the year when you're negotiating for next year.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 09:36 (Ref:3657946)   #34
Umai Naa
Veteran

I couldn't agree more.

The teams (not including catagory management and the Freechoice debacle), can't afford to take sponsorship for granted.

It would appear that Erebus have learned nothing over the past 3.5 seasons in procuring and nurturing sponsors.
Old 10 Jul 2016, 23:38 (Ref:3658199)   #35
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
If that's for real then that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's bloody hard work to attract sponsors and it's getting harder in this climate. For a team to do this is utterly stupid.
Absolutely, and Betty's subsequent disowning of the #4 and sponsor childish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
erebus still tagging fitness plus in facebook posts
I saw Aaren Russell tagging them, not Erebus?
Old 11 Jul 2016, 00:08 (Ref:3658203)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

I saw Aaren Russell tagging them, not Erebus?
Still there on the Erebus motorport V8 facebook page , if you want

Quote:
@daffidreynolds sits in 3rd with 25 laps to go @aarenrussell is in 22nd @penriteoil @hungryjacksau @plusfitness
Old 12 Jul 2016, 21:52 (Ref:3658610)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Aaren Russell's Season In Doubt

..as Speedcafe finally catches up..
Old 12 Jul 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3658617)   #38
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Compelled to field two cars for the full year under the REC rules, Erebus will have to find a replacement driver for the Ipswich event in just over a week’s time if issues with the Russells cannot be resolved.

Erebus is understood to have guaranteed access to the second Holden chassis for the remainder of the season regardless of Russell’s future, while it also has its fleet of Mercedes-AMGs should a back-up car be required.

Erebus general manager Barry Ryan told Speedcafe.com that the team hopes to continue with the Russells at Ipswich, but admits that the deal is far from guaranteed to continue.
Interesting.

Although the bolded bit looks like some bullying tactics are at play, preventing the Russells from taking their equipment elsewhere if the deal properly goes south.
Old 13 Jul 2016, 00:21 (Ref:3658631)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I think the word 'the' might need to be substituted for the word 'a'...

Who will fill the hole @ Erebus... in $$ and car and driver?
Old 18 Jul 2016, 01:46 (Ref:3659317)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Story out of Dandenong this morning is that #4 will possibly have a new driver & car in place for the Queensland Raceway event this weekend...

Mr Russell apparently won't be running under the Erebus #4 again this season...

Story will show up on Speedcafe, eventually... maybe
Old 18 Jul 2016, 02:32 (Ref:3659320)   #41
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Russells split with Erebus Motorsport
Old 18 Jul 2016, 02:41 (Ref:3659322)   #42
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be funny if not ironic if Matt Stone Racing steps one of its drivers up.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 02:49 (Ref:3659323)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
More Here

Who said Speedcafe wasn't a press release junkie... its almost word for word this story..
Old 18 Jul 2016, 03:24 (Ref:3659326)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran

Erebus - burning sponsors and drivers since 2012.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 03:52 (Ref:3659328)   #45
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear oh dear. Gotta admire Betty for having a crack but what a joke this team has become under her guidance. Pull the plug and go play with your GT's please. Embarrassing is not the word for it.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 05:32 (Ref:3659339)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Russell not giving up on Supercars dream

Sends a different message to what the "experts" are telling us
Old 18 Jul 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3659357)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Russell not giving up on Supercars dream

Sends a different message to what the "experts" are telling us
The original Speedcafe article seemed written with Erebus in mind.. even though they say they haven't spoken to them

There are 3 stories here, Erebus', Novocastrian's & what actually happened..
Old 18 Jul 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3659372)   #48
Umai Naa
Veteran

The Russells have very much gotten the rough end of the stick out of this. They can't even drop back to DVS, without the car. For my mind, that sort of clause would've sent alarm bells ringing before pen had been applied to paper.

Here's hoping they can stitch together another wildcard deal for the enduros.
Old 18 Jul 2016, 10:26 (Ref:3659378)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
The Russells have very much gotten the rough end of the stick out of this. They can't even drop back to DVS, without the car. For my mind, that sort of clause would've sent alarm bells ringing before pen had been applied to paper.

Here's hoping they can stitch together another wildcard deal for the enduros.
2017 in another form might be more likely..
Old 19 Jul 2016, 00:24 (Ref:3659492)   #50
Umai Naa
Veteran

Mr Phelps has 'revealed' his spin on the matter in the Tele today.