Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 14 Jul 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2926777)   #1
Pete LMC
Racer

England
Crosby Liverpool
Pete LMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus 7 Towing

The following did not actualy happen to me but has come to my attention, I will most probably be in a spot of trouble over this " but here goes ".

LOTUS 7 RIGID TOWBAR

A Warning Message!
A word of warning to owners of Lotus 6, 7, 11’s etc with aluminum nose cones and also who are members of the *** if like me you are ever in need to call them out and use them to get you home, do not under any circumstances let them tow you with a rigid metal tow bar!

When I needed this service, I asked their patrol man to have my Lotus 7 put onto the apparatus which lifts two wheels off the ground, but was refused. I was asked whether I had been towed before, replied yes and signed a form. All this in the pouring rain and without my reading glasses! £1500 (or maybe £1600) worth of damage later the *** insists that I agreed to a clause (in their small print) that stipulates that I had received adequate training from their patrolman and that the damage to my nose cone and radiator is therefore my fault.

The moral is that if you breakdown and can’t fix it on the roadside, insist on your car being trailered or carried home, or refuse to sign the “Customer Service Report” unless this disclaimer is crossed out. A message from a wiser, but poorer, old Lotus owner who learned the hard way!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2926784)   #2
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In that case we won't use the *** to snatch Lotus 7's out of gravel traps.....

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 14 Jul 2011, 20:44 (Ref:2926787)   #3
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does the *** differ from the ** (who at only two letters are a different company altogether)?

But quite amusing that the advert shown on this page is for an Elastic Tow Rope - proof that the 10/10ths servers do have a sense of humour!!
Old 14 Jul 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2926823)   #4
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a point actually. Do any trackside recovery guys ever use a rigid bar to tow cars? I've never known that happen myself.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2927196)   #5
Pete LMC
Racer

England
Crosby Liverpool
Pete LMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG View Post
That's a point actually. Do any trackside recovery guys ever use a rigid bar to tow cars? I've never known that happen myself.
Just to clarify one or two points, I had an idea that my thread was under the wrong heading ( Marshal's Forum )

The article did not refer in any way shape or form to any of the Race Circuit Recovery Crews ( they all do an excellent job )

The company referred too is a long established and well known Roadside Breakdown and Recovery Service.

Not wanting to be sued by this company for liable, I chose to use * * * now use your imagination it was not the AA