Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 4 Dec 2021, 23:50 (Ref:4086655)   #5826
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
They have too many teams around the world. F1, IndyCar, Formula E, Extreme E...
Have you seen how many sports teams Red Bull have globally?
Old 5 Dec 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4086733)   #5827
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I think the organisations running the different teams don't have much overlap, so I son't know why they would be spreading too thin.

The Indycar team is basically Schmidt Petersen.

Spreading too thin would be IMO if you use the same people, same drivers, maybe even the same cars.
Let's say a team doing SRO Europe, Intercontinental GT, ADAC GT, VLN, Nurburgring 24, British GT all at the same time.

I don't think that's the case here.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 01:22 (Ref:4087082)   #5828
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They have too many teams around the world. F1, IndyCar, Formula E, Extreme E...
Ownership of established teams, or building a new one, isn't really spreading out the team like they did with the F1 at LM
Old 6 Dec 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4087232)   #5829
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Have you seen how many sports teams Red Bull have globally?
They don't actually own all those teams, most are just sponsorships.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4087239)   #5830
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
They don't actually own all those teams, most are just sponsorships.
They do own quite a lot though, including:

RBR, Alpha Tauri (F1), Red Bull Salzburg, FC Liefering, New York Red Bulls, Red Bull Brasil, Red Bull Bragantino, RB Leipzig (Football), EC Red Bull Salzburg, EHC Red Bull München (Ice Hockey),
Old 6 Dec 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4087322)   #5831
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's just the one chassis in Indycar & Mclaren won't have too many problems finding finance to pay for it all. It also seems to serve some vague 'junior team' purpose as well, handy to have if the F1 drivers are poached away.
Old 6 Dec 2021, 19:25 (Ref:4087352)   #5832
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or to do some poaching of those who can't stay in FIA series but can't move up to F1
Old 6 Dec 2021, 23:49 (Ref:4087387)   #5833
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Or to do some poaching of those who can't stay in FIA series but can't move up to F1
they are well placed to take a number of drivers into parallel careers or assist in driver development for the main (F1) team.
The boss has his LMP2 team, shares in Andretti-United-Walkinshaw (V8 Supercars) plus the alternate Extreme E and Fe (future) teams along with parallel Andretti teams as well.

So is there a connection there for two organizations to compete with each each other but together create an over-arching conglomerate that combined dominates future US and electric racing, while raising up drivers to project team influence across a myriad of categories?

Yes.
Old 8 Dec 2021, 00:43 (Ref:4087608)   #5834
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I went to Sebring to see the testing yesterday for a few hours. All the drivers looked like they were pushing pretty good. I saw on Racer de Vries was quickest even though he did a lot fewer laps than the other guys. Vandoorne must have run most of his laps early in the morning because I only saw him on track for about an hour. I mostly saw Aitken and Ilott out there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSvrQfU7da8
Old 8 Dec 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4087780)   #5835
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
For US coverage consumers, PT's contract was not renewed by NBCSports for 2022. Apparently he was trying to stay in SRX and trying to get in an LMP3 IMSA car and travel would not have been out with NBCSports when they wanted him in the booth.

https://racer.com/2021/12/08/tracy-d...rage-for-2022/

Opening for The Mayor to be full time in the booth now?
Old 9 Dec 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4087926)   #5836
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Sato slots in to the #51 RWR w/DC for 2022

https://racer.com/2021/12/09/takuma-...ndycar-season/
Old 9 Dec 2021, 20:41 (Ref:4088001)   #5837
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
ESPN is believed to have bought IndyCar's TV rights for Latin America (including Brazil).
Old 9 Dec 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4088006)   #5838
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
DRR announced Karam (#24) and Ferrucci (#23) for the 500, no mention of other events

https://racer.com/2021/12/09/karam-f...-for-indy-500/
Old 10 Dec 2021, 10:49 (Ref:4088105)   #5839
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to have Sato back. He still has it in him to do a great job.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4088122)   #5840
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Good to have Sato back. He still has it in him to do a great job.

He never left.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 13:37 (Ref:4088140)   #5841
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
I'm watching a Fernando Alonso documentary atm. He's talking about racing on ovals.

He was saying that ovals are run anti-clockwise so that blood is able to go through the whole body, whereas it might not if the cars went clockwise.

Is that true?

Last edited by 2 litre Touring Car Star; 10 Dec 2021 at 13:55.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4088145)   #5842
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
I'm watching a Fernando Alonso documentary atm. He's talking about racing on ovals.

He was saying that ovals are run clockwise so that blood is able to go through the whole body, whereas it might not if the cars went clockwise.

Is that true?
It's all due to the function of the Superior Vena Cava
Old 10 Dec 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4088146)   #5843
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Well, that is fascinating.

We had cars run clockwise on speedways in Australia during the late 80s 90s. But I thought that was to do with where the drivers side was on the car.

But no.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4088148)   #5844
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Well, that is fascinating.

We had cars run clockwise on speedways in Australia during the late 80s 90s. But I thought that was to do with where the drivers side was on the car.

But no.
Southern Hemisphere
Old 10 Dec 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4088161)   #5845
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's all due to the function of the Superior Vena Cava

I thought reason was that CCW racing dated back to horse racing, which used oval dirt tracks and early car racing used the same dirt tracks. Midget car racing is still on dirt ovals.
Old 10 Dec 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4088170)   #5846
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I thought reason was that CCW racing dated back to horse racing, which used oval dirt tracks and early car racing used the same dirt tracks. Midget car racing is still on dirt ovals.
I think that may have been part of the reason when motorised racing was first established, and tradition would have maintained that approach.
However I understand that scientifically, new builds will still adopt this approach in the Northern Hemisphere for medical reasons.

Southern Hemisphere goes in the other direction due to Coriolis Effect.
Old 15 Dec 2021, 02:16 (Ref:4089734)   #5847
Toecutter
Rookie

Toecutter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hinchcliffe to replace Tracy in the broadcast team?

This is also a test post as my last is awaiting moderation.
Old 15 Dec 2021, 14:49 (Ref:4089840)   #5848
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
Hinchcliffe to replace Tracy in the broadcast team?

This is also a test post as my last is awaiting moderation.
This post worked, and welcome to the forum!

There is an automated system to help reduce spam that sometimes catches out new members early posts.

I liked Hinch on the broadcast team last season, thought he did a really good job. It is nice to have a person who has driven the current spec cars to shed some insight.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 13:04 (Ref:4090076)   #5849
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
What you didn't think Danica provided GREAT insight about F1 cars when she was on the COTA coverage. FYI, she did not and was not nearly as entertaining as PT as the ex-driver in the booth, Bell at his worst was better. Jr, if they let him be Jr, would be better.

Hinch needs some work but newish to it and full-time in the booth gives him time to grow, have to figure the job is his even though no announcement yet.

Jimmie in the car for all rounds with Carvana on board for all but Iowa, American Legion there. FYI, Carvana GREAT to work with to sell an old car. Little bit of work online to get all the documents perfect for them but pickup and no questions here's your check we'll take the car for my wife's 09 CRV with 110k and multiple accidents and quarter panel creases still from one. 5200 bucks. Highly recommend to get rid of an older car for ease of process. when they sent the survey I made sure to mention their support of Indy racing as part of why, it was a tick box in the where have you heard of us as well

Last edited by broadrun96; 16 Dec 2021 at 13:21.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4090107)   #5850
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Jimmie Johnson to race a full season in 2022.

https://racer.com/2021/12/15/johnson...paign-in-2022/