Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Jun 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3415397)   #1
TrackScotland
Rookie

TrackScotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Opinion

Not saying anything to avoid any bias.... will fill in info later.

Can I have some opinions on the incident at 8m14s in this video.

http://youtu.be/Bl14hu96qEk?t=7m58s
Old 4 Jun 2014, 19:20 (Ref:3415408)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
What do you want an opinion about?
Old 4 Jun 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3415412)   #3
TrackScotland
Rookie

8m14... the car spins off (seen in rear camera)..... there has been mentions of the car being run off the road.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3415413)   #4
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks to me like he locked up on front and it took him out.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3415416)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Looks like she's driving a steady line to the apex, certainly no sudden movements, and the other person should have known better than to attempt an overtake on the inside there.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3415461)   #6
TrackScotland
Rookie

Thanks... thats my take on it, but the owner of the black car is suggesting she moved over in an aggressive defensive move, causing him to take to the grass to avoid taking her out.

I think it was just a simple mistake / bad judgement.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3415464)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not really the place to be attempting to overtake. One line only through Island, and flat out to boot. You can possibly lap someone if they're being especially co-operative.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 21:55 (Ref:3415474)   #8
TrackScotland
Rookie

I did try and convince her to try it flat but she was having none of that LOL.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3415500)   #9
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
lack of awareness and anticipation by the driver of the faster car.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 11:08 (Ref:3415681)   #10
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
A lot of people were very surprised that he lasted that long!
Old 7 Jun 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3416713)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Was watching that race and thought Fee drove well.....don't see anything wrong with her driving there.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3416740)   #12
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackScotland View Post
Thanks... thats my take on it, but the owner of the black car is suggesting she moved over in an aggressive defensive move, causing him to take to the grass to avoid taking her out.

I think it was just a simple mistake / bad judgement.
What were other people's opinions on the day?
Old 7 Jun 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3416747)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well the other driver would say that ! the car with the camera is being driven sensibly (although slow on corners) however my take is the other driver should go back to school!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Jun 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3428696)   #14
TrackScotland
Rookie

WHat did others think - The folk that we spoke to after the incident were people we know..... so they agreed with my/our view of things, i.e i'd say it was a biased opinion LOL.

Important to mention here that I didnt have an opinion until after viewing the video (20/30mins after the race)... mostly because I had no clue what was going on!
Old 1 Jul 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3429019)   #15
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I see the rear camera view is also on Youtube (in full screen) and having watched it, noticed the other car has a novice cross on the back, suggesting confirmation of the 'lack of experience' comments.
Old 4 Jul 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3430337)   #16
datapost61
Rookie

datapost61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Black car was potentially quicker and stronger on the brakes.

You didn't appear to move across (though as you were racing for position you'd be entitled to one move to defend).

As others have said "X" - no amount of 4wd turbo trickery lets you go through invisible gaps or will save you if you brake with a rear wheel off the grippy bit!

Blinding start by the way