Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 May 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1914773)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
AllonFS

One of our regular party of visitors to Le Mans, and occasional poster on this forum, AllonFS, has very sadly had to drop out this year due to medical reasons. His wife, Jo, asked me to put a brief thread up on here to explain the situation. I couldn't really work out how to word it so forgive me for posting her note to me verbatim:

Quote:
Hi Craig

Its Jo here, Allon's wife. I know Mike has talked with you about Al, but he asked me to contact you himself aswell.

Al's pretty ill at the moment with APL leukaemia, but the prognosis is hopeful. He has finished his 1st course of chemo which is currently hitting him hard, and then he has another 3 cycles of chemo in the next 6 months. They then expect a 6 month convalescence period. There is a small chance he wont respond to the treatment but the Drs are all very positive about Allon's full recovery.

He has requested that you put a brief thread on the le mans forum to explain what has happened to him. One of the things he is most ****ed off about is missing Le Mans this year, however he is hopeful to make a return next year!

Thanks, Craig
Jo
I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing Allon a speedy return to good health. I look forward to welcoming him back into our group for our return in 2008 and I am sure you'll all look forward to joining us to toast his return!
Old 16 May 2007, 17:06 (Ref:1914793)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Craig, we'll make you the official bearer of well-wishes.

Drat, had hoped he'd make it for the tenths meeting; I've so many members who I had wanted to put faces and voices to names. Pass on my condolences/high hopes if you will...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 May 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1914796)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, he's really down that he can't make it also. It'll sure seem odd without him keeping us under control! I look forward to him returning next year but, for this year, you'll have to make do with meeting me I'm afraid!!
Old 16 May 2007, 17:20 (Ref:1914804)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm afraid too.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 May 2007, 17:42 (Ref:1914817)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing Allon a speedy return to good health. I look forward to welcoming him back into our group for our return in 2008 and I am sure you'll all look forward to joining us to toast his return!

I most certainly do! As with most of the posters here in Sportscars, Allon and I were 'electronic' correspondents before finally meeting at Le Mans - several times in recent years. In fact, I do believe it was me who introduced Allon to Craig as a potential travelling buddy a few years back?

I for one will be looking forward to seeing Allon back at the meeting at whatever tree in the Village we christen as the Ten Tenths tree in 2008! Get well soon mate!
Old 16 May 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1914824)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

I hope you recover soon.
Old 16 May 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1914860)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would like to send my best wish's as well. I watched quite a lot of the race with him back in 2003 when we both travelled down by Coach, before we found our travelling buddy's to make the trip to Le Mans a little longer.

I look forward to seeing him back with use at the 2008 Le Mans get together.
Old 16 May 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1914867)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best Wishes to Allon and his family.
Old 16 May 2007, 18:41 (Ref:1914870)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed get well soon Allon.
Old 16 May 2007, 21:10 (Ref:1914948)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
This subject is close to my heart at the moment, life can be cruel. Please get well Allon and I am sure we will all be welcoming you back to LeMans in due course
Old 17 May 2007, 05:22 (Ref:1915081)   #11
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very sorry to hear your news. Chin up Allon, think positive and get well soon!

We shall raise a glass to you at Le Mans this year, but don't you dare miss another meeting!
Old 17 May 2007, 08:40 (Ref:1915177)   #12
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Allon, you're one of life's genuine good guys. I can only express my heartfelt best wishes for you and for a swift recovery. You were so quick to show your concern and your sympathy over my long-term illness, so now that I'm on top of mine, I'll return the sympathy and express my sincere hope that you get on top of this quickly. Here's to an awesome comeback at La Sarthe in 2008.
Old 17 May 2007, 09:00 (Ref:1915192)   #13
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whats his favourite team?
Old 17 May 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1915236)   #14
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best wishes - swift and full recovery to you Al.
You'll have to make do with Motors TV this year!
Pilg.
Old 17 May 2007, 11:07 (Ref:1915267)   #15
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry to hear that Allon, remember meeting you last year. All the best. See you back for the tenths meeting next June I hope!
Old 17 May 2007, 19:07 (Ref:1915547)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Best of luck to you Allon ..... I'll have a Marguez for ya
Old 17 May 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1915566)   #17
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
best wishes to Allon, one of the nicest chap I ever met in Le Mans
Old 18 May 2007, 08:03 (Ref:1915829)   #18
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All my wishes for the best recovery.
Hello to James.
Old 18 May 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1916276)   #19
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To all the people who have replied to this thread....
Allon expresses his sincerest thanks to you all. I visited Allon in hospital last night (Thursday), and he was amazed at the response. I know he has met most of you guys over the last eight years, including introducing me to Le Mans in 2005. I met some of you at the Tens-Tenths meeting, whilst staying with Craig in 'that motor home' and the opposite end of the scale, TimD in his one man tent!
Seriously, we all know where Allon would want to be, but circumstances have cruelly meant his passion has to wait a year. He is fighting well and fingers crossed will be back in 2008. I endeavour to keep you posted as required.
Regards, Mike. (Hursty)
Old 18 May 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1916357)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks very much for the update Mike.
Old 22 May 2007, 12:13 (Ref:1918716)   #21
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Just a quick thank you to everyone for their kind messages. I have been allowed out for a couple of hours, (feel like a prisoner on home release) and so I wanted just to say hi.

I have had my first load of chemotherapy, as pleasant as you would imagine and will probably have at least another 3 loads over the next few months depending on progress. So far so good, but it is going to be a long road to (hopeful) recovery.

Will really miss Le Mans this year, still in a major sulk about that, but here's to a non-Audi victory. Even though I know they won't win, I'll be following Pescarolo again as the team which represents the LM spirit for me. So allez Henri and I'll try to post here from time to time to keep you up to date with my progress, (as long as people don't mind me using the forum for that).

All the best and enjoy the beer, wine and merguez on my behalf.
Allon
Old 22 May 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1918724)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lovely to hear from you Allon. I'll be cheering for Henri with you and I'll happily have a merguez for you too. You can be sure that we will all raise a glass (or two ) to you with our hopes for your full and speedy recovery when we meet (somewhere) in the Village.

We will see you in that same place in 2008. (That's an order, not a request....... )
Old 23 May 2007, 01:19 (Ref:1919182)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
Will really miss Le Mans this year, still in a major sulk about that,
Well , good luck ..... one point that might put a smile on your face is .....

At least you wont have to suffer the annual case of Montazuma's revenge at Le Mans !!!
Old 23 May 2007, 07:25 (Ref:1919299)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Well , good luck ..... one point that might put a smile on your face is .....

At least you wont have to suffer the annual case of Montazuma's revenge at Le Mans !!!

Touching lots of wood, not a problem for me since 1987...... I find that avoiding saucisse and having a plentiful supply of Lomotil keeps Montezuma at bay........
Old 23 May 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1919454)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

I know Ayse ..... but I do enjoy the odd french sausage !!!

I reckon its the heat meself ?