Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 13 Jan 2007, 21:28 (Ref:1814518)   #1
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport show

Went to the show today and to charge the £26 to get in even if you dont want to go and watch the live action is a rip off.

The show should offer a cheaper ticket price for those not wanting to watch the action arena, but then there was a stall in there selling tickets for a tenner to go and watch so what the flip was going on there if you had to pay the standard price in the first place?

Apart from that the show didnt seem that packed compared to other years and the stands spread out a lot more.

met up with a few forum members including Ciara Conlan Fiesta Sporting Trophy co-ordinator, Erik West from AAT and Dave "Silver Bullet" Still managed to spend a fair bit though

I was trying to get some pics of the new Donnelly car and these bloody girls kept getting in the way

In the bloody way again
Old 13 Jan 2007, 21:31 (Ref:1814520)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe
The show should offer a cheaper ticket price for those not wanting to watch the action arena, but then there was a stall in there selling tickets for a tenner to go and watch so what the flip was going on there if you had to pay the standard price in the first place?
Presume it could be for exhibitors / media who have not seen the show on Thurs / Fri? Although believe neither had to pay for the show on Thurs or Fri if they wished to see it, not sure what the deal is over the weekend.
Old 13 Jan 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1814521)   #3
M.Lowe
Veteran

But for people going Saturday or Sunday surely they should or could offer a cheaper ticket price for those who dont want to pay to watch live action

Or is it a scam to rake in more money regardless
Old 14 Jan 2007, 12:35 (Ref:1814804)   #4
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No I agree, I have been before at the weekend and paid for a ticket but not wanted to see the live action arena.

It's either as you suggest, or possibly to save on paperwork etc as would mean more work - I don't know.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1814825)   #5
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
But for people going Saturday or Sunday surely they should or could offer a cheaper ticket price for those who dont want to pay to watch live action

Or is it a scam to rake in more money regardless
I agree it is a lot of money if you don't want to take in the live action show. But there have been quite a few BOGOF offers in the last few weeks. They make it quite reasonably priced bringing the cost down to £13 each.
Quote:
Apart from that the show didnt seem that packed compared to other years and the stands spread out a lot more.
It was much easier to get around this year. I think the reason was, the organisers had set the show out a lot better. Other years they crammed too many stands into the three centre halls and wasted acres of space in the outer ones. This year everything was well spaced out and all the floorspace was filled.

I had a bit of trouble with those flippin' girls as well. They just happened to be in the way whenever I wanted to take a photo.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1815239)   #6
M.Lowe
Veteran

Its ok briging the price down Dave with the offers which is good but for people who want to or get the chance to pay when they get there then those offers should be applied aswell and not just from the online website
Old 14 Jan 2007, 23:23 (Ref:1815311)   #7
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was more annoyed that after fleecing you of £30 for tradeday tix, they then charge you another £7 to park your car!

must be a license to print money they have found there!

best bit of the show was definetly the crusty pie company stall
Old 15 Jan 2007, 03:07 (Ref:1815429)   #8
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When was the last time you were charged an entry fee before you could walk into a shop to buy something; "I'd like to buy a TV please" "you'll have to pay our entry fee of $26 first".
Old 16 Jan 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1816629)   #9
Guffy
Racer

United Kingdom
Shap Cumbria
Guffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
When was the last time you were charged an entry fee before you could walk into a shop to buy something; "I'd like to buy a TV please" "you'll have to pay our entry fee of $26 first".

Isn't it called the Autosport SHOW not the Autosport SHOP, So any many shows do you all go to & get in for free...? I would think NONE..!
Old 16 Jan 2007, 19:51 (Ref:1816889)   #10
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffy
Isn't it called the Autosport SHOW not the Autosport SHOP, So any many shows do you all go to & get in for free...? I would think NONE..!
Aaah, so there's nobody there trying to sell you anything, nothing can be bought? It is a profit making exercise and charging the customer to visit a 'show' where companies are actively trying to sell you their products is just another way of increasing the profit margin.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 20:23 (Ref:1816915)   #11
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh yes things can be bought at the show, but with show discount and offers like free delivery, you can easily save much more than the cost of your ticket.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 22:41 (Ref:1817017)   #12
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet
discount and free delivery,
Just what your average high street electrical store would offer in fact.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 04:55 (Ref:1817157)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But you can't buy a Sparco Race Suit from Currys.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 20:30 (Ref:1819732)   #14
Guffy
Racer

United Kingdom
Shap Cumbria
Guffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
Aaah, so there's nobody there trying to sell you anything, nothing can be bought? It is a profit making exercise and charging the customer to visit a 'show' where companies are actively trying to sell you their products is just another way of increasing the profit margin.

Yes there is people promoting/selling their goods, but they were on trade stands, you know "trade Stands" that visit Trade shows, which the Autosport SHOW is...!
Old 19 Jan 2007, 21:02 (Ref:1819743)   #15
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have i missed something here! Are we on about Ollie Donnavon? and whats the new car!
Old 19 Jan 2007, 21:07 (Ref:1819746)   #16
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is that from lol?
Old 19 Jan 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1819767)   #17
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think the word numpty ! springs to mind might have been wishful thinking on my part
Old 20 Jan 2007, 19:44 (Ref:1820469)   #18
M.Lowe
Veteran

Talking of Ollie O'D I heard he was interested in the Eklund Saab unless hes already got it
Old 20 Jan 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1820489)   #19
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Found this today, video of last year's live action show.. Car's sound brilliant indoors

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...john+mccluskey
Old 21 Jan 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1820868)   #20
DCS
Racer

DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhh
Found this today, video of last year's live action show.. Car's sound brilliant indoors

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...john+mccluskey
I think the Hansen's cars have allways sound good: not to noisy but sounding fast anyway...
Old 29 Jan 2007, 19:57 (Ref:1828873)   #21
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffy
Yes there is people promoting/selling their goods, but they were on trade stands
Well that's OK then