Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 May 2001, 18:54 (Ref:91078)   #26
THR
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton, England
THR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
touring cars are fast enough!!

were your tires ****ed towards the end of the race John? seemed to be sliding all over the place!
Old 12 May 2001, 17:05 (Ref:91564)   #27
runnyhunny
Racer

runnyhunny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More comment:

About Super Production... I just don't think it's the right way to go for any major-ish national series. The door is wide open for homologation specials - look at the BMWs in the Euro series. Boring!

I have not found the Brands/Thruxton Production races *that* thrilling (from what I've seen on the TV). It seems to be domination from the Peugeot 306s, and some/all of them blow-up, which lets James Kaye's Honda Accord through to win.

The reason that the Touring cars seem less exciting is simply because there are not enough of them! If there were 20-30 out there, no-one would be complaining. Just give it a year or two...

Consider the BTCC next year... How many of those current Production drivers/teams will switch to Touring? How many Production teams/drivers will be left? How should the championship(s) be dealt with?

Personally, I'd like to see a British Touring Car Championship, with 20+ '200[1/2]-Touring' cars fighting in TWO races. Completely separate from this, we could have a British Production Car Championship (as was the 'NSC') where 20+ Production cars fight it out in a race.

However, if the costs of Touring cars can be kept down, and the 2002 European regulations are close to them, then why keep Production at all? I think the Europeans plan to scrap Super Touring *and* Super Production, in favour of their new rules. Maybe the UK should look to do the same? I dunno.