Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Mar 2008, 09:24 (Ref:2165947)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sharing a Glass or Two..............

.......................of wine with my fellow passengers on BA125 (out of T4) to Bahrain yesterday, I discovered that some of them are members of the Honda Racing Team. Whilst I didn't impose too much on their time. Don't you hate it when passengers keep annoying you? I did spend an hour talking about last year and their hopes for this.

I was surprised when they told me that last year was easy and good fun. This was because the car was so poor there was no real pressure on the team to perform. However this year's car has surprised them and the pressure is back on. They are looking forward to 2009 when Ross Brawn's influence increases.

There seems to be a fair amount of support in the team for Button. I was told to look out for wet races, because Jenson really will shine without TC. No mention of Rubens and I didn't ask.

And some approximate statistics.

600 personnel work in the UK. 200 on engines, 50 in the race team and 50 or so in the test team. Then there's the folks in body and chassis building and logistics and support! To cap that there's 200 supporting the team from Japan! Imagine the wage bill!

Visas and permits permitting I'll be there on Sunday so I wished them well. They told me to look out for their team clothing. Apparently you can't miss the trousers.

So, good luck to Honda.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 09:31 (Ref:2165954)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I've been to the Honda F1 factory and echo your comments about the number of staff and how professionally the team is run. Did they give you any tips on how to make a Capri run faster?
Old 31 Mar 2008, 09:33 (Ref:2165959)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They mentioned something about a decent driver, but I couldn't quite hear them.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 09:57 (Ref:2165974)   #4
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I meet the BAR team (probably still the same guys) when flying in and out of Malyasia 5 years ago and echo Peter's comments on what a friendly team they are.

The whole of the KL airport was full of F1 support staff and fans, no one was bothering one another but I got the genuine impression that the BAR guys were the most down to earth and friendly of the guys. In fact the team recognised me from the outward flight and looked after me (I was on my own) through the airport and then at bagage collection the other end. A perfect collection of gentlemen!
Old 31 Mar 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2166289)   #5
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens Barrichello is no slouch in the wet. Bad weather without traction control could really suit him...

Interesting stuff.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 17:06 (Ref:2166292)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes,

That wasn't really my point re Rubens it was more that they offered info re Jensen but none about Rubens.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2166461)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great stuff Peter. They look like "environmental friendly" people ???
Old 31 Mar 2008, 23:52 (Ref:2166586)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'm 'green' with envy.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 00:20 (Ref:2166597)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I always thought that it was your natural color...
Old 1 Apr 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2166835)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
They mentioned something about a decent driver, but I couldn't quite hear them.
Was that reference to their current line up or you?!