Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Jan 2011, 04:54 (Ref:2814516)   #126
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFC-911 View Post
As an owner of both marques, I can't root for the faux Mazda. 911 all the way.
The mazdas sound glorious so I end up rooting for them.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 15:29 (Ref:2814732)   #127
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oliver Gavin testing the 07 Chevy Camaro at Daytona.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQRkd9cB48w
Old 12 Jan 2011, 15:36 (Ref:2814735)   #128
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One for the Ferrari fans; make sure to watch them full screen in HD if you have the bandwidth. This works better than coffee, definitely got my blood pumping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLESz...eature=related
Old 12 Jan 2011, 16:02 (Ref:2814752)   #129
kyoung
Racer

United States
Another nice HD Rolex teaser, nice shot of the Lizards DP rolling into the pits at 3:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S_q4...eature=related
Old 12 Jan 2011, 16:55 (Ref:2814782)   #130
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good stuff, kyoung! Thanks for sharing. New pavement looks smooth.

Good to see Mike Skeen in the 24. After seeing him wheel a 'vette in TA for a couple years, it is easy to tell this kid has got some skillz.

I too am getting excited about this already, but probably because it is merely the first race of the season (4 wheels, that is).
Old 12 Jan 2011, 18:00 (Ref:2814818)   #131
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eurosport will show the first 3 hours & final 1 hour of Daytona live (note, as ever there is a remote risk of them actually sticking to the schedule so be sure to keep flicking over)

Haven/Cole on commentary

Last edited by courageous; 12 Jan 2011 at 18:06.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 03:54 (Ref:2815060)   #132
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
One for the Ferrari fans; make sure to watch them full screen in HD if you have the bandwidth. This works better than coffee, definitely got my blood pumping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLESz...eature=related
Many thanks for posting that up-great video!
Old 13 Jan 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2815419)   #133
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta say, I'm looking forward to this years Daytona 24. Ferrari, the turner M3s, FLM DP, should be pretty cool.
Old 13 Jan 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2815473)   #134
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Gotta say, I'm looking forward to this years Daytona 24. Ferrari, the turner M3s, FLM DP, should be pretty cool.
Yeah, entries that I'm actually excited about for the first time in a while. I'm always stoked for the race, but really I just love that it's a 24 hour race and I root for the Porsches. However, this year, the entries are a little more diverse or at least eye catching.

Chris
Old 25 Jan 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2820368)   #135
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Few days away from the start of the Rolex 24.
Gates open tomorrow...
Q'ing set for Thursday...

FULL SCHEDULE
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:10 (Ref:2820486)   #136
DavyC412
Rookie

Canada
DavyC412 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so im looking at the Speed TV schedule and im seeing that theyre stopping coverage at 10pm and picking it up again at 9am - so they can fit in a bunch of infomercials, nascar, and other junk instead of the race... anyone know if theyll switch to some sort of speed TV stream like they do with the 24 hours of lemans or is there just going to be nothing for that half of the race?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2820495)   #137
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
No moving pictures from the track, but Speed will offer a video-chat in which various drivers will participate and in which they will keep the fans up-to-date.

Ah, and it looks like GA has streamlined the qualifying modus this year... no additional Friday morning session for the slowest cars from Thurday. I won't miss that one bit, the old format was seriously weird.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2820508)   #138
DavyC412
Rookie

Canada
DavyC412 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
No moving pictures from the track, but Speed will offer a video-chat in which various drivers will participate and in which they will keep the fans up-to-date.

Ah, and it looks like GA has streamlined the qualifying modus this year... no additional Friday morning session for the slowest cars from Thurday. I won't miss that one bit, the old format was seriously weird.
i guess a video chat is better than nothing but well that kind of sucks... i love watching the night racing, and its daytona so i figured most of the track would be pretty well lit, well the oval part of it anyway, doesnt really seem like theres any reason they shouldnt have good track footage at night.

i was looking forward to try to pull another all nighter / full 24 hour like with lemans or nurburgring.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2820801)   #139
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looking in to Daytona for the first time in many years, largely due to the involvement of Brundle & Blundell. Just out of interest can anyone tell me the ball park relative costs of a DP car compared to LMP 1 & 2 (purchase & running).

Does anyone still run the Fabcar Porsche type that Brumos ran in 2003 - that was the best looking (ie least bad) of the DP cars.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2820804)   #140
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The #90 Coyote is the most current iteration of the Fabcar... still not bad looking, and with a quality driver line-up (S. Maassen, A. Garcia, P. Edwards).

As for the costs, accounts greatly vary... look for an article series called "The cost of racing" on www.lastturnclub.com for a starting point, but be aware that those numbers are really just middle of the road estimates... From what I've heard some teams run a season for 1.5 mil while others come close to spending 5 mil a year... Also, the 24hours makes up about 50% of the full season budget...
Old 26 Jan 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2820907)   #141
4porsche
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
4porsche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Redbull Fabcar was recently offered for sale on Ebay with a lot of spares. Not sure if it sold though. The description said the vehicle was in Daytona Beach.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2820922)   #142
4porsche
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
4porsche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Redbull Fabcar was recently offered for sale on Ebay. I'm not sure if it sold though. It will probably turn up in some Historic races.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 01:45 (Ref:2821125)   #143
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyC412 View Post
i was looking forward to try to pull another all nighter / full 24 hour like with lemans or nurburgring.
Never fear. I am sure that the 1st 10 minutes on SUN will be devoted to an hour by hour highlight replay. Don't forget, there is an awful lot of `grind out the laps' and any `action' will probably be recorded.

Old 27 Jan 2011, 14:21 (Ref:2821365)   #144
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tweet from MTB:

Quote:
Aten Motorsports Ferrari withdrawn from Rolex 24 this morning. The Bear is very unhappy. So is the Modern Alchemist.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2821439)   #145
LeMansPilgrim
Rookie

United States
Stuttgart, Germany
LeMansPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may have missed it elsewhere, but is there no thread specifically dedicated to the 24 Hours of Daytona? Seeing how it's all we have for January, I'd think this forum would be covering it.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2821476)   #146
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansPilgrim View Post
I may have missed it elsewhere, but is there no thread specifically dedicated to the 24 Hours of Daytona? Seeing how it's all we have for January, I'd think this forum would be covering it.
I guess we are covering it right here...one could always start another thread.

Flying Lizards on the pole in DP and TRG takes the pole in GT.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2821508)   #147
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Flying Lizards on the pole in DP
Wow, wasn't actually expecting that! And for the first time in ages there's actually a DP car worth rooting for (besides the United Autosport entry). GT should be great anyways.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 00:49 (Ref:2821550)   #148
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anybody know why Level 5 didn't set any q'ing times?
Old 28 Jan 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2821557)   #149
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Aten Ferrari withdrawn? Thats a massive shame was looking forward to see how that car fared.

Good to see Flying Lizards on pole (hey when's the last time I said that lol), Im gunning for them and the Michael Shank entry in DP. GT should be a great battle, I hope the M3 does well, you go guys!

And for some really good news for us Aussies!

ONE is showing parts of the race (not exactly sure whether live or delayed).
The start of the race at our time 7am-2pm Sunday and the last part of the race 2.55am-8am Monday morning. Im pretty rapt, I was sure we might get a highlights package a couple weeks after the race so this really good news.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 01:32 (Ref:2821558)   #150
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Does anybody know why Level 5 didn't set any q'ing times?
Not sure, but it appears they're currently participating in the night practice.

Good to see the Lizards get the pole position. Also appears the Shank Dallara and SOD Coyote are fast, and both have excellent lineups, would love to see a chassis other than Riley win, and the Garcia/Maassen/Edwards or Allmendinger/McDowell/Wilson driving combinations could certainly pull it off. Not to mention Wayne Taylor Racing, which is always one of the top contenders.

Full Line-up:
http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/res...=2350&sid=1480