Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 May 2001, 22:17 (Ref:90015)   #1
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to say thank you

To all of you I spoke to at Thruxton for making my weekend more enjoyable. It was my first visit to Thruxton and I done the 500 mile journey by myself. Saturday with you all was most unexpected and amusing, especially the late night walkabout.

Thanks again and looking forward to seeing you all at Oulton.

Last edited by Daz; 7 May 2001 at 22:20.
Old 7 May 2001, 22:51 (Ref:90023)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't think I actually got to meet you at Thruxton - long drive for me as well! Looking forward to Oulton now, think some of the gang will be there both days. I'll be at Donington on the Saturday and then Oulton on race day
Old 8 May 2001, 08:01 (Ref:90101)   #3
mickey
Rookie

mickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi daz, glad you had a good weekend. didn't get a chance to spot u. Perhaps at Oulton park you will venture near the JSM Alfa and come and say hi. Not hard to spot me in my too big JSM jacket and a little girl (dave's daughter) hanging off my arm. Hopefully JSM will have smoothed out the problems they encountered in the feature race so we can continue the battle luby and dave were having in the sprint race. nice to see luby do well in the feature race too
Old 8 May 2001, 17:18 (Ref:90311)   #4
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey Daz - what a way to be introduced into the group.

Was nice to meet yet another friendly face
Old 8 May 2001, 17:29 (Ref:90324)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Hey Daz - good to meet you buddy! Good laugh, eh ?

Where did you go to Sunday though ? Didn't see you all day...

BTW - think we need to chat about getting you a new sticker for your front windscreen mate...
Old 8 May 2001, 17:34 (Ref:90327)   #6
John Batchelor
Racer

John Batchelor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear Daz, you didn't hang out with this lot did you......Oh dear, how could you all corupt poor Daz?!!
Old 8 May 2001, 18:01 (Ref:90339)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Welcome Daz, good to meet you again. If you look in the Trackside forum we've normally got at least 2 or 3 weekends being organised at any one time - anything from clubbies to GP's. Useful if you want to know where to meet, or even where to avoid us. Despite what you may have read elsewhere this isn't the dark side of motorsport Can't promise track walkabouts every time but flags, airhorns and alcohol are usually not a problem.
Old 8 May 2001, 18:18 (Ref:90348)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Daz. Good to meet you this weekend. Not bad meeting us after so little posts on the forum!
Old 8 May 2001, 19:07 (Ref:90385)   #9
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Daz great to meet ya - hope u didnt hurt anything whilst trying to scale that fence with the rest of us - (god that must of hurt)

will be at silverstone this weekend all being well - and am trying to be convinced to make the trek up to oulton pk

i did see daz briefly mon morning and well like many of us he looked a little hung - over!! u should of come over and shared some bacon butties we had stacks

dont think u will ever forget your first evening with the ten tenths gang

what was it (black range rover trying to kick us off track and what did i do, can we have a lift mate!!!!)
Old 8 May 2001, 20:24 (Ref:90446)   #10
Daz
Racer

Didn't hurt anything climbing the 2 fences on to the track. Severly regret forgetting the sleeping bag now as the car was not to comfy to sleep in all night and now have the sore neck to prove it. Enjoyed my breakfast of bacon sausage and hash browies washed down with plenty of black coffee, always as good hangover cure As for the Range Rover, sure he kept starring at me on the Monday. Can't wait for Oulton and might see you all there.
Old 8 May 2001, 20:58 (Ref:90469)   #11
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
As for the Range Rover, sure he kept starring at me on the Monday.
Has anyone told you it's usually the first sign of madness when you start thinking a car is staring at you
Old 8 May 2001, 22:07 (Ref:90523)   #12
Daz
Racer

You had be there for the Land Rover saga on the Sunday night, seemed to follow us all about a lot and set the lap record for night racing.
Old 8 May 2001, 22:17 (Ref:90532)   #13
Peter.S
Rookie

Peter.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys.
Just to say thanks for the beer.
Glad that Woody sobered up.
Lorna. I have the Picture..
Old 9 May 2001, 19:44 (Ref:90796)   #14
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter.S
Hi guys.
Just to say thanks for the beer.
Glad that Woody sobered up.
Lorna. I have the Picture..
Ok did I miss something ..... did I meet Peter - and what picture is this Lorna?
Old 13 May 2001, 17:48 (Ref:91911)   #15
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, Peter, I think it was me you and Mrs P were talking to with Jnr P.... As for the photo's, I would hang on to them for the time being, who knows they might be swopped for pit passes later in the season.

Simon