Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Jun 2014, 02:32 (Ref:3425159)   #276
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What relevance has this or the Ford thread got to do with racing cars on Australian and international circuits beyond commenting on the lack of an Australian produced car so that its production name can be affixed on a similarly shaped race car? Will there be a similar thread when Volvo and Nissan move on? Will the sun rise in the west due to the lack of a Falcon or Commodore? Nothing more to see here.....
Old 23 Jun 2014, 06:40 (Ref:3425219)   #277
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Try this mate:
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/vo...xes-71053.html

So synthetic oil has been causing all of the failures, mineral oil is a permanent long term fix, but enough damage may have been done to gearboxes to require replacement.

Also, only affects the 7-speed gearbox, has never affected the 6-speed.

Also interesting to note Ford's DCT has had precisely the same sort of faults and now has the same bad reputation, but no recall as yet...
I wonder what the owners of the 7 speed DSG cars who had gearbox replacements scheduled for this week at a leading Sydney VW dealer might say about oil being the only issue...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Jun 2014, 07:19 (Ref:3425225)   #278
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I wonder what the owners of the 7 speed DSG cars who had MECHATRONIC UNITS????? replacement scheduled for this week at a leading Sydney VW dealer might say about oil being the only issue...
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Very few if any complete boxes are involved in the 7 speed recall campaign. BTW what relevance has a DSG post got in this forum. If I started a thread on DSG's I would have retribution heaped on me by a mod.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 07:37 (Ref:3425233)   #279
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Very few if any complete boxes are involved in the 7 speed recall campaign. BTW what relevance has a DSG post got in this forum. If I started a thread on DSG's I would have retribution heaped on me by a mod.
Gearbox replacements dont have to be a part of the recall... and arent in these cases...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Jun 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3425239)   #280
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Gearbox replacements dont have to be a part of the recall... and arent in these cases...
Don't shift the goal posts, you are not good at it. Are you addressing the relevance of DSG's being discussed in this forum, the whole damned thread is verging on that.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3425271)   #281
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Don't shift the goal posts, you are not good at it. Are you addressing the relevance of DSG's being discussed in this forum, the whole damned thread is verging on that.
That's my fault, we started off discussing alternative cars to the Commodore and Falcon and ended up on a tangent.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3425309)   #282
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
That's my fault, we started off discussing alternative cars to the Commodore and Falcon and ended up on a tangent.
I like the tangent, keep going.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3425895)   #283
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I like the tangent, keep going.
Good name for a car, that is...

Whole thread has nothing much to do with anything other than the Australian's not being prepared to visit the road car forum where this really belongs. We have a choice of moving it there or just ignoring any off-topic discussion on the basis that the topic doesn't really exist as it can't be here.

I vote for the latter as it saves me having to read it.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3425905)   #284
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Good name for a car, that is...
The problem with the Holden Tangent is it never goes where you point it!

I'm here all week, try the veal!
Old 24 Jun 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3425988)   #285
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I remember the great Dave Allen doing a piece on how car names should represent the vehicle more accurately. I seem to recall the Vauxhall Insipid, the Triumph Unreliable...
Old 26 Jun 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3426687)   #286
Mixer
Veteran

$437m loss posted by Toyota on the back of shutting down their operations:
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/t...626-zsmub.html

If not for the shut down they would have booked a $266m profit (without transfer pricing...).

The Japanese get a sniff of a loss, they REALLY know how to clean house.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3426912)   #287
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not just the Japanese, Holden and Ford both did the same thing. They are milking the tax system (and our tax dollars) for as much as they can get. You dont have to be an accountant to see they are cooking the books.

Just goes to show, they dont care about Australia they care about themselves.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 02:20 (Ref:3426990)   #288
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
Not just the Japanese, Holden and Ford both did the same thing. They are milking the tax system (and our tax dollars) for as much as they can get. You dont have to be an accountant to see they are cooking the books.

Just goes to show, they dont care about Australia they care about themselves.
Businesses are not charities, so yes they have to care about themselves or else they go out of business and there is no company. I think people have this view that businesses just exist to provide jobs, but really they exist to provide goods and services people want at a price they can afford or want to afford. Jobs are a side benefit of that.

With a mix of an expensive business climate, regulations, taxes and high exchange rates, it's no surprise that the end was going to come. And not without warning either. But even with the government propping them up they still couldn't make it. Ford Oz and Holden haven't made any real money for years and Toyota I believe had some losses as well.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 07:36 (Ref:3427045)   #289
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Businesses are not charities, so yes they have to care about themselves or else they go out of business and there is no company. I think people have this view that businesses just exist to provide jobs, but really they exist to provide goods and services people want at a price they can afford or want to afford. Jobs are a side benefit of that.

With a mix of an expensive business climate, regulations, taxes and high exchange rates, it's no surprise that the end was going to come. And not without warning either. But even with the government propping them up they still couldn't make it. Ford Oz and Holden haven't made any real money for years and Toyota I believe had some losses as well.
That's not strictly true. Ford and Holden have been profitable, although not every year

Toyota has been an incredibly profitable company over many years. The current 'losses' are accounting methods rather than a drop in sales.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3427193)   #290
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
That's not strictly true. Ford and Holden have been profitable, although not every year

Toyota has been an incredibly profitable company over many years. The current 'losses' are accounting methods rather than a drop in sales.
I'm well aware that at times Ford and Holden turned a profit, but the losses far outweigh the gains.

Toyota I thought had lost some money too at times.

In any case these companies did not see the future benefit versus the expenditure required, so now they are gone.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 02:19 (Ref:3427356)   #291
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big spike of V8 sales for both Fraud and Folden lately...
Old 28 Jun 2014, 02:40 (Ref:3427359)   #292
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Big spike of V8 sales for both Fraud and Folden lately...
Not a V8 but my daughter just bought a Territory diesel, it's a seriously nice car.........wouldn't know it is a diesel.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 04:49 (Ref:3427368)   #293
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, the Land Rover motor is a peach.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3448798)   #294
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The replacemnt for the Commy may come from Germany, THe Opel, considering the commodore was built on the Opel Rekord , just turned a full circle :

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=o...gbv=2&oq=&gs_l=

http://www.couriermail.com.au/busine...-1227040283285
Old 11 Sep 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3452079)   #295
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
holden could close early:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/de...-1227022876801
Old 11 Sep 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3452304)   #296
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
they STILL want to extort that $500 mil out of the government, eh? First it was "pay us $500 million or we shut down", and when they got called on that it's become "pay us $500 million or we'll shut early".

Every man and his dog always said they'd be lucky to last any longer than Ford… and I laugh at statements like "Holden is working on a significant facelift of the Colorado"… they'll sell whatever they're given to sell! Same as everybody else, the difference being that the Holden parent company and cars carry different badges.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 02:06 (Ref:3452377)   #297
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
they STILL want to extort that $500 mil out of the government, eh? First it was "pay us $500 million or we shut down", and when they got called on that it's become "pay us $500 million or we'll shut early".
Read the article mate.

The Government had already committed this money which was used to get parts suppliers to invest in equipment. The current Government has reneged on that promise, and Holden is campaigning on behalf of the parts suppliers, to get them what was already given to them, in order to get them to invest.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 05:58 (Ref:3452453)   #298
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Read the article mate.

The Government had already committed this money which was used to get parts suppliers to invest in equipment. The current Government has reneged on that promise, and Holden is campaigning on behalf of the parts suppliers, to get them what was already given to them, in order to get them to invest.
Well ain't my face red? Lol, time for a script change on the glasses methinks.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 05:19 (Ref:3454197)   #299
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holden to sack 300 engineers
Old 17 Sep 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3454297)   #300
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post

Actually or seriously as the wife says, it is not Holden sacking them, it is GM Detroit. GM wanted to shut down the Holden branch a few years back. But the Govt kept promising money , when the one of the worlds biggest car manufacturers couldn't run their own business. They tried the old if you don't help we will close down and put your aussies out of work.

Krudd a Dillard where to **** scared to make a stand,(read unions) and bowed, we will give you xxx millions of Aussie tax payers money to stay open.

Simple fact of life, Fraud and just Holden together were on their last legs, no amount of hard earned tax payer money would save them, when the F-wits who ran the company into the ground where AMERICANS.

Rule one in Australia, DO not trust an AMERICAN business. for Example Apple, their new phone a few hundred yankee green backs, same phone here $1000.00 plus Aust dollars.

DO AMERICANS REALLY THINK AUSTRALIA hasn't hat a gutful of there crap,

Look at the price of the Fraud Ranger built in Thailand, no price drop, supposedly cheaper to build there than here, yet Fraud usa, STILL CHARGES THE SAME PRICE OR MORE , FOR THE Aust built version.

GM admitted that they wanted to shut Holden down , Unfortunately, to many ppl get emotional about this.

Look at the price of the replacements from Both Fraud and Gutless Motors( read we will still rip you off)

Why bother with these to organisations , the quicker they are out of Aust , the better.

If we had a decent Govt, they would say" go now and we will nationalise all you assets , land holdings etc , and the Australian ppl will benefit from the sale , not some F&#@*( up American business ******s)" but that would be dreaming