Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Oct 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2037730)   #751
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
However we asked for a team member to be present and it was refused.
I also experienced this when right in front of me was one of the GT40s with 3 guys assisting with fuelling, belting up the driver etc.

There was also a rather one-sided implementation of the rules about being belted up when you arrived at the fuel station. I watched one MGB getting told he had to get back in the car, put his belts back on and then get out for not arriving at the station belted in. And then a black GT40 arrived with the driver totally without belts.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 14:00 (Ref:2037737)   #752
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
The system adopted at Spa this year was:

Driver comes in and changes.

New driver gets strapped in then plods down the pitlane and turns right into the paddock, where he pulls up at the fuel pumps (its a normal garage forecourt arrangement), then unbuckles, gets out of the car, pops the fuel cap, takes the pump from the official, puts in the required fuel (its a normal fuel pump nozzle), hands back the fuel hose to the official, calmly walks to the car, gets in, scrabbles around for the belts, does the belts up, then drives slowly out of the paddock, avoiding any inward bound traffic, crosses the pitlane (again avoiding any traffic) and awaits the green light before ascending the pit exit to Radillon. Simple!
System adopted for Barry's race
Driver comes into pits, driver jumps out, second driver gets jerry can and funnel and pours 10 litres of fuel into tank making sure most of it splashes out over side of car. Second driver throws funnel and jerry can at first driver and then gets in car. First driver buckles second driver in then walks off leaving second driver unable to see whether it is clear to pull out. Second driver shouts expletives to first driver as he narrowly avoids a very large XJS bearing down on him.
Second driver finishes race with a surplus of 25 litres in tank, we'll know next time.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 14:20 (Ref:2037750)   #753
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
don't worry Falcey, I always carry a spare 20L as well . . . I guess it was a habit born from races with extended safety car periods !

better than running dry though
Old 11 Oct 2007, 15:52 (Ref:2037813)   #754
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah,cars are always lighter with no fuel Zef . In the past,when refueling in the pitroad,Spa or Nurburgring,we had to have a crew member fuel up,we were not allowed in the car until fueling was complete.Then we HAD to have another crew member belt us in.This thing at Spa is obviously something else that does,nt favor all the teams,perhaps it would be better if it was a one make race for GT40s?
Old 11 Oct 2007, 15:55 (Ref:2037814)   #755
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just don,t forget next year Peter.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 16:26 (Ref:2037842)   #756
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Were any of the photographers up at the Le Combe exit? All we need now are some pikies
Old 11 Oct 2007, 18:01 (Ref:2037901)   #757
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
,perhaps it would be better if it was a one make race for GT40s?
its not far off it, just some of them have different bodyshells !
Old 11 Oct 2007, 18:41 (Ref:2037926)   #758
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
in 2005 they stopped the race for almost an hour between 10-11pm so its not the first time
that was because of an accident/ something which happened on the track. it was not a thing of organisation. the "5 hours" clearly was .
Old 11 Oct 2007, 18:49 (Ref:2037931)   #759
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's up Terry, need your drive re-surfaced?!
Old 11 Oct 2007, 18:59 (Ref:2037941)   #760
Cortina Thijs
Rookie

Netherlands
Cortina Thijs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ssssperrrr, what about the catering???
Old 11 Oct 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2037948)   #761
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
The catering was excellent,as long as you went DUTCH
Old 11 Oct 2007, 19:12 (Ref:2037953)   #762
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thats spelt PYKIES! I was reffering to the excellent photography that would have taken place John
Old 11 Oct 2007, 19:14 (Ref:2037955)   #763
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just seen a lot a good pictures on: www.gbphotosports.com
Old 11 Oct 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2037968)   #764
Cortina Thijs
Rookie

Netherlands
Cortina Thijs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the family paddock there was a van with race pictures. Does somebody know the website of that costly guy?
Old 11 Oct 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2037989)   #765
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortina Thijs
At the family paddock there was a van with race pictures. Does somebody know the website of that costly guy?
I think this is the one here
Old 11 Oct 2007, 19:57 (Ref:2037999)   #766
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
o5 was marred by a smashed TVR and slick shod German hot rod racers wasn't it ?
Old 11 Oct 2007, 20:08 (Ref:2038011)   #767
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
The catering was excellent,as long as you went DUTCH
oh yes buut our memories are italian
Old 11 Oct 2007, 20:09 (Ref:2038014)   #768
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortina Thijs
Ssssperrrr, what about the catering???
I am making the calculations but try to manage a set of Dunlop racings in the calculation (i am still calculating
Old 11 Oct 2007, 20:21 (Ref:2038028)   #769
Fred-Anglia
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherlands
Fred-Anglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I took a lot of pictures this weekend
Saturday
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g164/Fred-Anglia/07-10-06%20Spa%206h%20Historics
and Sunday
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g164/Fred-Anglia/07-10-07%20Spa%206h%20Historics
Old 11 Oct 2007, 20:25 (Ref:2038029)   #770
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
o5 was marred by a smashed TVR and slick shod German hot rod racers wasn't it ?
exactly , your memory is not fading . it was a special year for TVR's as we tried burning ours
Old 11 Oct 2007, 20:42 (Ref:2038043)   #771
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
exactly , your memory is not fading . it was a special year for TVR's as we tried burning ours
thanks, give up the 'dutch cigars' and its amazing what recollections you have
Old 11 Oct 2007, 21:08 (Ref:2038056)   #772
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
ouf don't revive those powerfull fantasies, but yes we love smoke'n sniff.
(otherwise a Healey wouldn't make sense)
Old 12 Oct 2007, 08:54 (Ref:2038314)   #773
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
A freind dropped round last night with some video footage of U2TC, we discussed earlier the pace of some car/driver combos, having watched myself and most of us taking Eu Rouge with a bit of lift, or at least a loss of revs, a twitch and a wobble, Gustavssons LC is flat out, slight drop of revs and a bit twitchy, but unbelievably fast, its pulling a lot of revs, highly tuned, highly developed, and I'd suggest driven with far bigger undercarriage than most of us. If I can find a way of reducing the 50mb file size I'll try and get it posted up somewhere, its impressive.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 09:07 (Ref:2038326)   #774
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
A freind dropped round last night with some video footage of U2TC, we discussed earlier the pace of some car/driver combos, having watched myself and most of us taking Eu Rouge with a bit of lift, or at least a loss of revs, a twitch and a wobble, Gustavssons LC is flat out, slight drop of revs and a bit twitchy, but unbelievably fast, its pulling a lot of revs, highly tuned, highly developed, and I'd suggest driven with far bigger undercarriage than most of us. If I can find a way of reducing the 50mb file size I'll try and get it posted up somewhere, its impressive.
entering eau rouge is definitely faster. youtube can handle up to 100mb and 10 minutes so no problem.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 09:22 (Ref:2038337)   #775
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I therefore feel its my duty to sign up to said service

job done, 1 up, 1 loading

http://www.youtube.com/v/Gf8Cdkkriqo

Last edited by zefarelly; 12 Oct 2007 at 10:12.