Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 2 Feb 2008, 23:24 (Ref:2119372)   #76
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossflow
You should see very clearly that the older cars are only closer to the pace on tracks that have big straights as the tracks you have named. This is because they don't have to run the side impact protection that has been inforced since 1995.
Well, Anglesey having one of the slowest average lap speeds in the UK....

And hang on a minute, the RF87 VD onwards has push rods...

A national championship should allow you to run whatever car you want. Only allowing Post89 cars out because they are quicker is a fair comment, and MOST pre cars would struggle. More Post89 cars are around nowadays, but I think it should be entirely up to the driver what car he wants to enter, knowing he has to race against the modern machinery. The problem arises when the MS is run as one race, whereas the NW has to be split into two races (one of Post89 and Pre90). But running classes is perhaps the only way for you to score points in the MS and NW to go towards one championship. A bit like the Star of Anglesey series

And think of the kudos the championship would get, showing a 20y.o. car CAN mix it, and the kudos you would get if an 88/89 chassis beat an 08 (02) VD Kent.
Old 3 Feb 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2119522)   #77
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You bring your rf89 to mondello and see how you get on believe me pushrod cars pi** all over them and any other tight tracks.

As Ian say's the quickest drivers all have modern machine so it's no problem to them anyway
I think you forgot to tell Paul Dagg that last year. I seem to remember him winning at Mondello in his pre '90 car.

Although I believe he is sticking with more modern stuff this year.
Old 4 Feb 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2120615)   #78
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You should see very clearly that the older cars are only closer to the pace on tracks that have big straights as the tracks you have named. This is because they don't have to run the side impact protection that has been inforced since 1995.
This is what I would have thought too but the modern cars are much more slippery through the air at speed.

You'd think an RF90 would be the best through the air at speed but RF99+ are better assume the RF90 flat front isn't great nor the back tidy enough.

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final