Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 18 Nov 2010, 14:46 (Ref:2792658)   #2526
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

Will getting married mean Billy will have to curtail his chopper rescue activities?
I understand the Queen has asked him to cut down on the number of people to whom he shows his chopper.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2792670)   #2527
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skentellytubby View Post
Good lord, I've just read the comment by Nick JM. Shocked. That character lacks moral fibre!
Fair play JT! It wasnt rude (unlike Morisson's!) but it did cross the line.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2792682)   #2528
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I understand the Queen has asked him to cut down on the number of people to whom he shows his chopper.

That's the fourth time I have laughed out loud today at various efforts on this forum.

You are all a bad influence and should not let honest hard working folk have to stop work every couple of hours to catch up on the latest drivel you keep posting .

Keep going...
Old 18 Nov 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2792698)   #2529
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fair play JT! It wasnt rude (unlike Morisson's!) but it did cross the line.
I did laugh but we need to be careful!
Old 18 Nov 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2792702)   #2530
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post
You are all a bad influence and should not let honest hard working folk have to stop work every couple of hours to catch up on the latest drivel you keep posting .

Keep going...
Erm ... didn't you start it?
Old 18 Nov 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2792753)   #2531
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick JM View Post

That's the fourth time I have laughed out loud today at various efforts on this forum.

You are all a bad influence
In Compte's case particularly I blame the schooling

some of us didn't go that much so we've had to learn on the job
Old 18 Nov 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2792770)   #2532
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
In Compte's case particularly I blame the schooling

some of us didn't go that much so we've had to learn on the job
Or, some of us didn't go that much and had to learn a job.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2792846)   #2533
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and some of us were too busy on the job to learn
Old 18 Nov 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2792848)   #2534
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Like father like son !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Nov 2010, 08:30 (Ref:2793004)   #2535
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Like father like son !
Old 19 Nov 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2793038)   #2536
wolf sun
Racer

Germany
Frankfurt-sur-le-Main
wolf sun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder what kind of uniform his brother will wear at the wedding...
Old 19 Nov 2010, 16:06 (Ref:2793144)   #2537
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf sun View Post
Wonder what kind of uniform his brother will wear at the wedding...
Either his father's cavalry officer's uniform or a nurse's or something from his S&M dressing up trunk.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2793146)   #2538
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
An SS officer's uniform again may be fun!
Old 19 Nov 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2793191)   #2539
skentellytubby
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
skentellytubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tut tut guys!!!

And my Royal Wedding gag gets pulled from here!!!!!
Old 19 Nov 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2793225)   #2540
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Tut tut guys!!!

And my Royal Wedding gag gets pulled from here!!!!!
Thats was you was it. Compte took me out for lunch today and told me. Excelent.
Old 19 Nov 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2793227)   #2541
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well its Friday night and time for a Delta story.Trouble is im a bit cheesed off.Me and my son Stewart allways go for a 10K run Friday evenings in the winter. Tonight he got bored of waiting for me and pushed off and beat me by 10 minuits. What all that about!!!
Old 20 Nov 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2793301)   #2542
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Ever tried one of these ? I did, talk about under & oversteer, you have to think about turning miles before the corner
Great fun !
Attached Thumbnails
HC.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 20 Nov 2010, 00:30 (Ref:2793305)   #2543
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Well its Friday night and time for a Delta story.Trouble is im a bit cheesed off.Me and my son Stewart allways go for a 10K run Friday evenings in the winter. Tonight he got bored of waiting for me and pushed off and beat me by 10 minuits. What all that about!!!
Underweight running shoes? Some sort of treatment on the soles giving extra grip? Missed a chicane or two

Actually, thinking again, did Stewart do a secret deal with Comte to nobble you with the lunch?

Motive unclear but we may come up with one ....

Last edited by grantp; 20 Nov 2010 at 00:36.
Old 20 Nov 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2793534)   #2544
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
What all that about!!!
Maybe time to get a new watch?
Old 20 Nov 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2793556)   #2545
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Ever tried one of these ? I did, talk about under & oversteer, you have to think about turning miles before the corner
Great fun !
Is that a womble-mobile? 'understeer, oversteer wandering free, the driving of hairdyers is wombling free'
Old 20 Nov 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2793573)   #2546
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well I got "persuaded" by my other half to go Christmas shopping today and went to one of these enormous places that sell everything.
After about 10 Min's of pushing the trolley about I said "I'm just going to the toilet".
She found me later in the furniture dept and took this, I really was fast asleep !!!
Attached Thumbnails
CS1.jpg  
Old 20 Nov 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2793587)   #2547
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
That can't be you Gordon, you have clothes on!
Old 20 Nov 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2793596)   #2548
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
That can't be you Gordon, you have clothes on!
I don't want to frighten the "younger" (less than 60 years of age) readers on here
Old 21 Nov 2010, 01:41 (Ref:2793676)   #2549
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Too late!
Old 21 Nov 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2793721)   #2550
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Don't look Ethel!