Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2617747)   #276
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'm not too good on the old castenets
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jan 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2617889)   #277
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Where have you been? Its Goldman Sachs the invester's dream come true.57% payrise for some and an expected half million for most staff,they have a pot of the folding,its overflowing with 10 billion in it.Been pulling the house apart looking for my share certificates,then I remembered I had never bought any.
A cousin of mine works for an investment bank in Paris. He earns probably 20 times more than I do. He has 2 beautiful children but because he works all the hours God sends he never sees them. When he goes on holiday he spends all the time on his blackberry and his phone. By the time he is 45 his children will be grown up (and will never had any quality time with him), he will be a certifiable nervous wreck unable to work ever again but at least he will be very rich.

I walk out into my vineyards every day and thank God for the peace and tranquility. Most lunchtimes I take wine or cognac with my neighbours and put the world to rights! I can go motor racing for long weekends and never have to make a phone call. A am so relaxed I am horizontal.

So who is better off? I don't envy the Goldies boys not one jot.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2617900)   #278
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me neither Comte,you way of life is my dream,the vineyard? that would of course be a very big bonus but our aspirations are a little more modest.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 09:14 (Ref:2617913)   #279
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Compte, unless you are a member of the lucky sperm club you must have worked hard at some point to enjoy the vines....
Old 23 Jan 2010, 09:15 (Ref:2617915)   #280
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
do you grow Terence? I hear the market for carrots is good

Mrs Zef's previous was a banker, just as Compte describes, she's slowly getting used to abject poverty with style!
Old 23 Jan 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2617921)   #281
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fraid not Zef,I tend to leave that for those who have the inclination.As to the area we bought the in,property wise proved to be the right choice,the house is now worth 360% more than we paid. Served its purpose very well
Old 23 Jan 2010, 10:44 (Ref:2617960)   #282
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!

Agreed Compte, you don't have to have "loadsamoney" to enjoy life !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jan 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2618016)   #283
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That reminds me, I must start a thread called Gordon Streeter's Scrapbook and whack all those pics into it! All this self publicity must surely indicate that you are looking for an FI drive, Gordon.

I'm not suggesting that you should stop, mind; they are excellent entertainment value!

PS - might move some of these posts to the lighter side, for obvious reasons!
Old 23 Jan 2010, 12:53 (Ref:2618030)   #284
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Ten Tenths Calender? Nah,the idea would never catch on.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2618067)   #285
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Where have you been? Its Goldman Sachs the invester's dream come true.57% payrise for some and an expected half million for most staff,they have a pot of the folding,its overflowing with 10 billion in it.Been pulling the house apart looking for my share certificates,then I remembered I had never bought any.
I know the feeling Terry me and our lasses birthday's came up on the lotto 10 quid, then remembered we don't do it anymore.
Mmmm I see, is this 57% of all this filthy lucra coming out of all them trillions of GBP [Great British Pounds and not grand prix or british public] that nice Mr. Brown gave to all them XXankers ? sorry finger slipped bankers.
PS is this not the lighter side thread then Terry ?

Last edited by p261brm; 23 Jan 2010 at 14:22.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2618081)   #286
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
I know the feeling Terry me and our lasses birthday's came up on the lotto 10 quid, then remembered we don't do it anymore.
Mmmm I see, is this 57% of all this filthy lucra coming out of all them trillions of GBP [Great British Pounds and not grand prix or british public] that nice Mr. Brown gave to all them XXankers ? sorry finger slipped bankers.
Goldman's took money from the Fed and repaid it long ago.... its worth just pointing out that Obama's recent suggested restrictions would not have stopped the possible collapse of banks in 08 and that the trading desks who have made such stunning profits last year were not the cause of the pain in 08. The current Banker bashing is a cunning smokescreen by politicians of all parties to deflect the public dwelling too much on the fact that civil servants final salary pensions are going to cause considerable pain to all of us going forward.

Dwell on the fact that most of us could not afford to fund our pension pots sufficiently to enjoy the guaranteed pension civil servants will recieve. A middle ranking civil servant will recieve a pension of circa £40-50k per annum. That would require funding with at least £1 million. Over 25% of the working population in the UK are civil servants....(that is on a par with Cuba and several other communist states).

Last edited by simon drabble; 23 Jan 2010 at 15:06.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2618091)   #287
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
YOUR RIGHT,its not the lighterside,thought it must have been seeing as we started discussing bonus's.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2618272)   #288
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
sorry I know it was a bit of a pre tax return rant
Hope you're doing it 'on line' Simon - paper versions had to be in by 31st October last.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2618291)   #289
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
A middle ranking civil servant will recieve a pension of circa £40-50k per annum. That would require funding with at least £1 million. Over 25% of the working population in the UK are civil servants....(that is on a par with Cuba and several other communist states).
Just to continue off-topic......don't confuse middle-ranking with average - or typical......to get a pension of £40K you'd have to have been on a salary of £80K and worked in the Civil Service for 40 years.......just how many of them do you think there are? The typical civil servant that you'll come across is probably on £20K or so, and since a high proportion of the workforce is female, not many of them will clock up 40 years, because of family pressures etc..........Just like the average bank staff member that you'll meet. But the bankers who are on the six figure bonuses couldn't give a monkey's about any of them........
Old 24 Jan 2010, 07:08 (Ref:2618386)   #290
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Hope you're doing it 'on line' Simon - paper versions had to be in by 31st October last.

Its OK,Moira has been living under his stairs for a few days
Old 24 Jan 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2618443)   #291
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just for the record, the 'lighter side' is for off general topic discussion/chitchat and although I could perhaps create a 'darker side' thread as well, I'm not going to! Whilst there is a reference to 'Wealth' in the thread title, you have taken it well out of the context of historic racing, so this lot wll be going to the 'lighter side' soon!
Old 24 Jan 2010, 09:42 (Ref:2618449)   #292
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
.... so this lot wll be going to the 'lighter side' soon!
Now done!
Old 24 Jan 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2618472)   #293
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
You don't have any worries John. You should see what we are talking about on the "Touring car thread"
Old 24 Jan 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2618475)   #294
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As Delta keeps going on about the film "Le Mans" I though you might like to see how we have done up the office at the vineyard. It always takes the visiting buyers by surprise!
Attached Thumbnails
001.jpg   007.jpg  
Old 24 Jan 2010, 23:45 (Ref:2618836)   #295
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain

This made "interesting" reading over the holiday period.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2618967)   #296
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
You cant fool me Gordon.We know you are the real Santa. That's why you are not around at Christmas.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2619140)   #297
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain

How did you guess ? This was me phoning up for some more presents on Christmas day !
Old 25 Jan 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2619155)   #298
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
YOUR RIGHT,its not the lighterside,thought it must have been seeing as we started discussing bonus's.
Wrong again Terry, Top man that JT, one push of his finger and whoosh here we are.
Old 25 Jan 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2619171)   #299
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
As Delta keeps going on about the film "Le Mans" I though you might like to see how we have done up the office at the vineyard. It always takes the visiting buyers by surprise!
Then you may appreciate my Christmas present.
Attached Thumbnails
002a.jpg  
Old 25 Jan 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2619177)   #300
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Then you may appreciate my Christmas present.
My,my ....you are a lucky boy!