Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jan 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2611916)   #126
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Iain, did you get your tea in the end? And how were the nurses?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2611945)   #127
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did get his tea Eddy,as for the Nurse's,he's not letting on about them.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2611947)   #128
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Got me tea and the nurses were very nice as they always are.I had the op in a private hospital paid for by the NHS. I have to say that i have had more than my fair share of Very good NHS support in the past ten years , I sometimes feel a bit guilty as all my injuries have been from motor racing and i feel that its no different than smokers getting lung cancer and costing us the tax payer lots of money."Seen you smoking those big cigars Simon".Thank you for all the best wishes but its time to move on and I'm back out in the garage tomorrow but will listen to your advice Grant.Right lets get back to the "lighter side". So " Michael be careful,".says Eric the Ferrari driver. "Eric! now don't be a pain in the a--e[McQueen].
Old 11 Jan 2010, 23:06 (Ref:2611962)   #129
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Got me tea and the nurses were very nice as they always are.I had the op in a private hospital paid for by the NHS. I have to say that i have had more than my fair share of Very good NHS support in the past ten years , I sometimes feel a bit guilty as all my injuries have been from motor racing and i feel that its no different than smokers getting lung cancer and costing us the tax payer lots of money."Seen you smoking those big cigars Simon".Thank you for all the best wishes but its time to move on and I'm back out in the garage tomorrow but will listen to your advice Grant.Right lets get back to the "lighter side". So " Michael be careful,".says Eric the Ferrari driver. "Eric! now don't be a pain in the a--e[McQueen].
without motorracing you would have been a grumpy old sod with all sorts of unknown illnesses. Now life has been good to you and you have to be thankfull with your wonderfull hobie and all those nice people around you. very very good to your health that has been all those times
Old 12 Jan 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2612099)   #130
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I seem to remember one of my Mum's favourite comments was along the lines of "where there's no sense there's no feeling........"
Shilling on another of your mum's favourite's 'where tha's muck there's brass'
Old 12 Jan 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2612143)   #131
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Shilling on another of your mum's favourite's 'where tha's muck there's brass'
there certainly is . . .at least in the gearbx I'm rebuilding for someone, all mixed together in old oil . .
Old 12 Jan 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2612159)   #132
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hang on Joe if you are making money out of motor racing any chance of telling me how to do the same.Another famous saying which im sure you all know. How do you make a small fortune out of motor sport? START WITH A LARGE ONE.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2612176)   #133
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm making alright, considerably less than I'm spending though!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2612627)   #134
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have just come across a very interesting photograph from Goodwood. This woman was stalking Iain all day and was heard muttering, "Iain is a hottie". BUT does anyone know who she is?
Attached Thumbnails
Grid Goodwood 2009.JPG  
Old 13 Jan 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2612647)   #135
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Is this the same hot Italian Lady.?????
Old 13 Jan 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2612654)   #136
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I have just come across a very interesting photograph from Goodwood. This woman was stalking Iain all day and was heard muttering, "Iain is a hottie". BUT does anyone know who she is?

Cant for the life of me remember her name,but Whizzo introduced me to her a couple of years ago.I'll keep scratching my head!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2612682)   #137
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Cant for the life of me remember her name,but Whizzo introduced me to her a couple of years ago.I'll keep scratching my head!
Whizzo introducing a female to another driver? that's a first Terence..
Old 13 Jan 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2612692)   #138
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Naaaaaaaaaaaa Wizzo don't know her.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2612695)   #139
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whom so ever she is, she certainly has a soft spot for you, Iain.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 12:39 (Ref:2612700)   #140
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Is this the same hot Italian Lady.?????
Is she a Dutch foottball fan ? or perhaps a Strawberry Blonde of Scottish descent

or more likely a retro technicolor photo developed by the period GOodwood Boots outlet!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2612712)   #141
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Whizzo introducing a female to another driver? that's a first Terence..

Never did pay him his tenner,glad really,once I got up close.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2612737)   #142
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well we managed to get a flight back although they have now closed Gatwick again ! You may think what the hell I'm doing, but I had to get my other half back to earn enough money so I can go racing this year !. She didn't see the funny side of it when I offered to stop out there for the rest of the month
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Jan 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2612755)   #143
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Very un-sporting Gordon,I thought you could have expected better treatment than that.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2612837)   #144
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
She didn't see the funny side of it when I offered to stop out there for the rest of the month
Some people just don't appreciate the depth of the sacrifice no matter how you present it.

That said there must be an interesting calculation between the savings on heat and light by staying in Spain vs the cost of flights and income to be earned from returning. Given the way all fuels prices seem to be increasing in the UK it may be a close run comparison!
Old 13 Jan 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2612843)   #145
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Nah,the £250 heating allowance would cover it.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 17:23 (Ref:2612847)   #146
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
He's not an OAP yet.

Just an Antique
Old 13 Jan 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2612884)   #147
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
An English racing driver friend of mine, who is over 60, was given £250 this year by the British Government in order that he could buy fuel for his racing car.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2612886)   #148
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
An English racing driver friend of mine, who is over 60, was given £250 this year by the British Government in order that he could buy fuel for his racing car.
the unfair advantage?????????????
Old 13 Jan 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2612894)   #149
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I told my racing partner that his Heating allowance should go towards paying for the Turbo rebuild......I'm looking forward to getting my payout next year
Old 13 Jan 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2612927)   #150
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Formidable!

you could have easily persuaded him to invest it in the warming qualities of a case of your vintage 'home brew'
Closed Thread