Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 12 Nov 2013, 07:06 (Ref:3330270)   #276
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Mine was for a school zone but it was 9am. I am not one to argue with them tho, and if I have been speeding then fair enuff in my view.
Yes, school zone between 8am and 6pm. It's 40km/h for about 40 mins in the morning and afternoon, and 50km/h outside that. But whatever the limit happens to be, you must not be over 4km/h over it during the hours above.
Old 12 Nov 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3330271)   #277
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree 100% GB
Old 14 Nov 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3331520)   #278
ascott
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
ascott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like to say the motorsports coverage on Sommet sports on freeview is starting to look very promising. Aside from the excellent MotoGP coverage, this weekend's schedule is dominated by the Macau GP. (missed out on last weeks coverage as I wasn't aware it was on)

There's also coverage of FIA Rallycross which is great, and their website mentions among others 24hrs Le Mans and FIA World Endurance Championships which I will definately keep an eye out for.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 04:48 (Ref:3331608)   #279
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascott View Post
I would just like to say the motorsports coverage on Sommet sports on freeview is starting to look very promising. Aside from the excellent MotoGP coverage, this weekend's schedule is dominated by the Macau GP. (missed out on last weeks coverage as I wasn't aware it was on)

There's also coverage of FIA Rallycross which is great, and their website mentions among others 24hrs Le Mans and FIA World Endurance Championships which I will definately keep an eye out for.
I spent quite a few hours watching the Macau GP on Sommet last weekend. It was fantastic coverage and great to see on free to air tv.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 05:19 (Ref:3331611)   #280
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Can we see this 'Sommet' channel on full SkyTV subscriptions?

If so, what channel?

Cheers
Old 15 Nov 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3331616)   #281
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

If so, what channel?

Cheers
Nope. At this stage it's only on FreeviewHD, although it will be on Freeview satellite as soon as Sky sort out their Prime feed.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 06:17 (Ref:3331622)   #282
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Thanks ad
Old 21 Nov 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3334711)   #283
Alpina107
Rookie

Alpina107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

If so, what channel?

Cheers
It's also available on Channel 14 on Freeview UHF. (terrestrial, rather than satellite)
Old 22 Nov 2013, 00:47 (Ref:3335004)   #284
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina107 View Post
It's also available on Channel 14 on Freeview UHF. (terrestrial, rather than satellite)
Which is Freeview HD...
Old 1 Dec 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3339003)   #285
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it just me, or did we lose 10 laps of the most exciting part of the weekends racing...?!
One minute its lap 55(ish) then they break for ad's, then come back to a bloody new's segment! (what's with tv3 throwing in 'news' in the dying stages of a race!), and it's now lap 65. Never got a replay of Ant running wide, nor did we get to see what happened to the Tasman car or any of the DNF's for that matter.....?
So many unanswered questions.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3339015)   #286
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the same thing, I was in charge of BBQ cooking at the same time as watching, and was bloody confused when they went to ads, come back and they're talking about how Murph winning the championship is a formality now, I was like WTF, what's happening here?!

Also, some of the driver profile photos were a bit of a laugh, I know for a fact they've all been photographed in their V8ST teams garb, why V8ST don't provide TV3 with those photos I don't know.

With the pitstops it'd be awesome to see a timing list of who's stops were taking how long, from pit entry to pit exit, as it seems there are huge chunks of time to be won and lost in those stops, be good to know who is doing what.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3339044)   #287
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The camera shots were flitting all over the place, and the pit stops were downright boring.
Old 1 Dec 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3339047)   #288
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
The camera shots were flitting all over the place, and the pit stops were downright boring.
Had a laugh at the TV commentators comment...
"The cars must be up in the air before the refuelling starts & must be on the ground before the car leaves the pits"
Old 1 Dec 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3339060)   #289
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
"The cars must be up in the air before the refuelling starts & must be on the ground before the car leaves the pits"
Well Prime news apparently said that the V8 Supertroopers were on at Pukekohe and that Shane van Gisberg was in the running for the title...
Old 1 Dec 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3339062)   #290
eskymsport
Rookie

eskymsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV3 news told us accountant Ant pederson won the title, followed by the story that Murphy won the title. No correction was made, dont think they even realised .
Old 2 Dec 2013, 03:17 (Ref:3339095)   #291
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Sorry..... but thank god we still have Bathurst and TITP
Old 2 Dec 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3339099)   #292
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
They were trying to sound really excited to, (bit overdone.)
And it was quite funny Shorn's statement about fighting his way through the crowd on the starting grid.
But hey even the commentators doing the V8SC cop a bit of flack.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 03:54 (Ref:3339104)   #293
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My problem with the commentators is their (reported to me) lack of understanding of the competition rules and what is actually happening.

I was not able to watch and so only going on reported comments that they appeared to be very opinionated that the teams are always right, should there have been a need for any penalty,

And seem to be over hyped up about how great the class is.

I am not one of the haters but fail to see how the effort at the weekend really lived up to all the hype given the advertising undertaken. I would have thought there would not have been much profit for the organisers.

It was a good mix of races for the weekend, but do think two 70 lap races was a bit much on Sunday, one 100lapper would have been sufficient
Old 2 Dec 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3339192)   #294
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post
My problem with the commentators is their (reported to me) lack of understanding of the competition rules and what is actually happening.

I was not able to watch and so only going on reported comments that they appeared to be very opinionated that the teams are always right, should there have been a need for any penalty,

And seem to be over hyped up about how great the class is.

I am not one of the haters but fail to see how the effort at the weekend really lived up to all the hype given the advertising undertaken. I would have thought there would not have been much profit for the organisers.

It was a good mix of races for the weekend, but do think two 70 lap races was a bit much on Sunday, one 100lapper would have been sufficient
Agree that two 70 lappers was a bit much but nothing wrong with the event other than low crowd turnout, if it was similar to TITP then they should be able to get at least 50% more by combining them.

The ST's are so similar to SC's now that there is really no good reason not to see them if you like tin tops that go fast.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3339390)   #295
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
but nothing wrong with the event other than low crowd turnout, if it was similar to TITP then they should be able to get at least 50% more by combining them.
Sorry Goatboy, but I cannot see that happening. One is a commercial entity running race meetings, the other is a club run and managed event. The requirements for ST (Grid walks, time on the grid etc) would take up the equivalent of 3 classes, thus taking away the essence of what TITP is. (ST 9 classes over 3 days, TITP 11 classes over 2 days).

They are running the traditional TITP date, with some of the traditional TITP classes - they should have romped home with the punters IMHO, especially as Bluespur points out, the level of marketing involved.

I thought the event flowed smoothly and there were some great battles during the racing. Had my fingers crossed that #22 was going to make the chequered flag.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3339446)   #296
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Racetroll: Nice to see the interview on TV! "You done good" as they say...
Old 2 Dec 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3339464)   #297
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
They were trying to sound really excited to, (bit overdone.)
And it was quite funny Shorn's statement about fighting his way through the crowd on the starting grid.
But hey even the commentators doing the V8SC cop a bit of flack.
I was on the grid walk and believe me, it was pretty damn crowded out there! There were in fact a fair few people there, but a surprisingly large number in the members stand too. Looked comfortable, might have to do that myself next time...

I understand the difficulties of combining something like TITP with ST under present conditions, but my point was that many of the classes at ST were at TITP meaning that you might not go to both events - I was going to TITP but didn't when I found out the ST support card had Pre-65's and CMC alongside its other classes.

I'd just go and watch CMC all day really...
Old 2 Dec 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3339490)   #298
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Racetroll: Nice to see the interview on TV! "You done good" as they say...
Thanks Socram... not my forte at all, but the boys from TV3 made it very easy.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3339504)   #299
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetroll View Post
Thanks Socram... not my forte at all, but the boys from TV3 made it very easy.
Hi Racetroll,

Please to say that the CMC Round from Puke will be on CRC Motorsport 26th of Jan. Thanks to Dr John and V8ST Management for helping getting the TV deal done... hopefully we can feature more CMC on CRC Motorsport during 2014.

Cheers, Nigel
Old 15 Dec 2013, 06:22 (Ref:3344217)   #300
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
no talk about another new race series?

is this what we have to look forward to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94BUjzK15o4