Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 5 Jun 2013, 10:30 (Ref:3257958)   #76
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wooooh, ok guys reign it in a bit eh? or do you want yet another thread locked by the mods?

This thread is about CRC motorsport, and I guess other avenues to watch motorsport (which we all love in some way, shape or form), so how about keeping on topic?

If you want a "bicker-he-said-she-said-lets-dig-up-old-****" thread, then go start one....
Old 5 Jun 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3257961)   #77
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Wooooh, ok guys reign it in a bit eh? or do you want yet another thread locked by the mods?

This thread is about CRC motorsport, and I guess other avenues to watch motorsport (which we all love in some way, shape or form), so how about keeping on topic?

If you want a "bicker-he-said-she-said-lets-dig-up-old-****" thread, then go start one....
Or how about just going away and playing with your farm animals...
Old 5 Jun 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3257963)   #78
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
what ?? getting peeved at consistanly missing round points and championships due to technical "competitiveness", then thus using a model created whilst involved in that series, to create a new series ,thus driving a jolly great wedge between the teams/drivers/paying public, and then abandoning ship when it's the product falls short of expectations .

no, sorry, can't think of ten others that would do such a thing....................so i guess you are correct ??
You know what they say about rats and sinking ships!
Old 5 Jun 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3257964)   #79
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member CCC View Post
You know what they say about rats and sinking ships!
Are you referring to how Paul Radisich quit after just long enough to see how things were going?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3257973)   #80
Member CCC
Rookie

Member CCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
Are you referring to how Paul Radisich quit after just long enough to see how things were going?
I guess he was the first to see the rocky waters. The rest of the rats have abandoned ship before it hits rock bottom!
Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3258184)   #81
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
what ?? getting peeved at consistanly missing round points and championships due to technical "competitiveness", then thus using a model created whilst involved in that series, to create a new series ,thus driving a jolly great wedge between the teams/drivers/paying public, and then abandoning ship when it's the product falls short of expectations .

no, sorry, can't think of ten others that would do such a thing....................so i guess you are correct ??
Nail on the head comes to mind here Joe especially the wedge bit thats why the motor racing is turning to ****. Start the **** and cut and run
Old 5 Jun 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3258206)   #82
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of you can say and think what you like, but I think it's great for any sport, or organisation to have the rats leave the sinking ship. Because that's the only chance the honest people have, of returning the ship back onto an even keel.
But the problem as I see it is, that some of these rats will not leave, but continue to bring down the credibility of the sport and the honest people who are working hard for it to suceed. Some of you will know and understand what I am talking about, because some of you are just as guilty as the rats we have acquired over the years, because of what you write.
It is quite obvious that you don't really know the true facts at times, but just have ago at someone you don't like for some reason or another.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3258210)   #83
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Some of you can say and think what you like, but I think it's great for any sport, or organisation to have the rats leave the sinking ship. Because that's the only chance the honest people have, of returning the ship back onto an even keel.
But the problem as I see it is, that some of these rats will not leave, but continue to bring down the credibility of the sport and the honest people who are working hard for it to suceed. Some of you will know and understand what I am talking about, because some of you are just as guilty as the rats we have acquired over the years, because of what you write.
It is quite obvious that you don't really know the true facts at times, but just have ago at someone you don't like for some reason or another.
Haters will always hate, often for no valid reason at all, today they can easily vent their spleen using nothing more than a keyboard and a computer.

Trolls or whatever the buzz word is for people who in reality have never achieved anything in their life, are a sad fact of life. The saddest thing about the V8ST/ Mark Petch haters are that they would not know the truth if it leapt out and bit them on the bum!

I am proud of what we as a team have achieved, and am OK with the haters to, I just feel sad for them, that they are like they are.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3258230)   #84
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Haters will always hate, often for no valid reason at all, today they can easily vent their spleen using nothing more than a keyboard and a computer.

Trolls or whatever the buzz word is for people who in reality have never achieved anything in their life, are a sad fact of life. The saddest thing about the V8ST/ Mark Petch haters are that they would not know the truth if it leapt out and bit them on the bum!

I am proud of what we as a team have achieved, and am OK with the haters to, I just feel sad for them, that they are like they are.
With you there 100%.

What ST achieved in a very short space of time was what TMC and the other affiliated parties had failed to achieve for a number of years (i.e. full grids of good looking cars with a range of drivers from the best NZ TC drivers to numerous internationals - which the other mob never ever achieved) and that, as a motorsport fan, was what I wanted to see.

There are those little cockroaches out there who will always hate for whatever petty reason they have, but the fact is that if you read the MSNZ Governance Review findings it is noted that incorporating ST as a Championship class is a very high priority.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3258232)   #85
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
BTW, if anyone wants to write to the Haters Club, their address is as follows:

c/- The Tool Shed
181 Bell End Road
Cockburn
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3258241)   #86
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Children, children, children, go and put a productive days work in for your employer and leave the keyboard alone then tonight have an early cup of Milo and a good nights sleep. Things will always look better in the morning especially when you look forwards rather than backwards
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3258244)   #87
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Children, children, children, go and put a productive days work in for your employer and leave the keyboard alone then tonight have an early cup of Milo and a good nights sleep. Things will always look better in the morning especially when you look forwards rather than backwards
Good idea

How's the weather down there today? Not too bad up here finally.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3258249)   #88
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Without those prepared to get off their posteriors to make a substantial difference, particularly when it comes to fighting officialdom, we'd have a very lack lustre sport. Regardless of what many may think, we have to thank Mark with Super Tourers and Mike John with Targa, as TV motorsport on the free to air channels without their vision, would be extremely boring and this is without challenging the TV production itself.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3258254)   #89
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
I have said it before the only way forward is back, that's IMHO. Not trying to stir or get anyone's back up but a cannot see the st going any further than next season if that. Dividing NZ motorsport WAS NOT the way forward.

And by the way that is purely a spectators view
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3258260)   #90
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
With you there 100%.

What ST achieved in a very short space of time was what TMC and the other affiliated parties had failed to achieve for a number of years (i.e. full grids of good looking cars with a range of drivers from the best NZ TC drivers to numerous internationals - which the other mob never ever achieved)
Ummm, not quite true. The earlier years of the TMC NZV8's were a success with grids of 30+ and financially as well. There were also International drivers that either drove in the V8 field or in the GT3 fields (also promoted by TMC) and lets not forget the virtually full International field of TRS. The latter years were not so good due to reasons that ended up causing the split.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3258265)   #91
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
I have said it before the only way forward is back, that's IMHO. Not trying to stir or get anyone's back up but a cannot see the st going any further than next season if that. Dividing NZ motorsport WAS NOT the way forward.

And by the way that is purely a spectators view
gets my vote.

Mark, egos and frustration aside, why was it absolutely necessary to create such a massive rift within the sport in an attempt to make ST successful??

we all know the common-engine-common-chassis was going to be the way ahead for V8's in NZ, and was drafted many years ago while
NZV8's had large feilds. at the same time we also had a feeder class for the older cars.

so, essentially no different to what we have now, except there are 4 struggling classes instead of two............... makes a heap of sense to me .
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3258267)   #92
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Ummm, not quite true. The earlier years of the TMC NZV8's were a success with grids of 30+ and financially as well. There were also International drivers that either drove in the V8 field or in the GT3 fields (also promoted by TMC) and lets not forget the virtually full International field of TRS. The latter years were not so good due to reasons that ended up causing the split.
I wasn't talking about TRS, who have always run their own show, which is why it has worked, I was talking about NZV8 - I did say "for some years" as I am well aware of how it used to have 30 car grids, but apart from Bargs they never attracted internationals in the way that ST has.

NZV8 was good in its day (although I always was frustrated at the lack of public interest in what was an entertaining series, and largely blamed TMC for that) but its failure to move quickly enough to a new vehicle was what caused drivers and owners to walk away in droves.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3258269)   #93
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well this has gone a wee bit off topic!
Not even going to bother with the ST BS

TV3, what are the chances of coverage of some sports car races? WEC maybe?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3258272)   #94
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Everything will be online in years to come - annoying that it isn't already really.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3258275)   #95
Swedish Brick
Racer

Annoying our net is still to expensive and often too slow for proper HD streaming
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3258278)   #96
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Annoying our net is still to expensive and often too slow for proper HD streaming
I was reading in the Herald the other day that less than 5% of households that have access to UFB have taken it up.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3258279)   #97
Swedish Brick
Racer

Theres a good chance they don't know they have access to it.
Don't you have to go find out? Rather than your isp telling you
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:34 (Ref:3258286)   #98
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I don't know actually, I would have thought they'd be yelling at you from the moment they put it in your street, but who knows.

It probably doesn't help matters that at the moment it's horrendously expensive and there isn't much content that we can access from NZ in HD (yet) thanks to Sky holding the rights to a lot of it.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3258299)   #99
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Here you go, from the Chorus website:

http://www.chorus.co.nz/in_your_neighbourhood
Old 6 Jun 2013, 01:11 (Ref:3258314)   #100
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear from a source close to sky that this dedicated motorsport channel is getting closer and they are looking for good local content to compliment the international coverage and have spoken about V8ST being in that content. Maybe Sky can bring back live V8ST coverage like V8SC? Yahoo.....bring it on.