Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 7 Jun 2013, 04:48 (Ref:3258810)   #126
Jackkofoed
Rookie

Jackkofoed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
Im pretty sure its JKR for Jack Kofoed Racing. He has however been burnt by Big Dave recently to the tune of $10k.
Where did you hear that?
Whatever the history behind Team Kiwi. I am hugely thankful to David. I have always ran on a round by round basis with very little budget. Sometimes not knowing I would be racing to the last minute.
Although I am in no way affiliated with TKR anymore, without David's efforts, I would not be racing this year in any class let alone the Cogent Cup fighting for a V8 Supertourer drive. I'm not quite sure how a teenage driver can express his appreciation for someone that took his 2013 season from the couch to an NZV8 Touring car?

Not to mention being given a quick drive in the TKR Carrera Cup car, a race car that I'd never imagined I'd be trusted with.

I'm not defending or justifying David's actions with any other party in the past but I do feel the need to inform you that my experience with TKR was what got me on the grid this year which was huge for me.

P.S. David or TKR do not owe me a cent. Let alone $10K.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3258814)   #127
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well that's a surprise, normally everything on this forum is absolutely true...
Old 7 Jun 2013, 05:20 (Ref:3258817)   #128
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers for the clear-up Jack
Old 7 Jun 2013, 06:43 (Ref:3258830)   #129
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I stand corrected too. I will p-mail you with what I heard and inform the guy who told me.

Cheers A.B.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3258859)   #130
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackkofoed View Post
Where did you hear that?
Whatever the history behind Team Kiwi. I am hugely thankful to David. I have always ran on a round by round basis with very little budget. Sometimes not knowing I would be racing to the last minute.
Although I am in no way affiliated with TKR anymore, without David's efforts, I would not be racing this year in any class let alone the Cogent Cup fighting for a V8 Supertourer drive. I'm not quite sure how a teenage driver can express his appreciation for someone that took his 2013 season from the couch to an NZV8 Touring car?

Not to mention being given a quick drive in the TKR Carrera Cup car, a race car that I'd never imagined I'd be trusted with.

I'm not defending or justifying David's actions with any other party in the past but I do feel the need to inform you that my experience with TKR was what got me on the grid this year which was huge for me.

P.S. David or TKR do not owe me a cent. Let alone $10K.
Next time you see David can you ask him where my hot laps at Puke are. After all they did cost me $500, still waiting
Old 7 Jun 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3258861)   #131
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
Next time you see David can you ask him where my hot laps at Puke are. After all they did cost me $500, still waiting
I'm sure he'll know who "Ugy" is...
Old 7 Jun 2013, 09:21 (Ref:3258870)   #132
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Well that's a surprise, normally everything on this forum is absolutely true...

Touché, Goat Boy.

Jack's a really nice young man, and we at Autoquip are proud to have Jack working with us, handling our Sabelt range of products.

Jack has been working with our web design guy, to create our new online Sabelt e-store with some amazing deals that go live early next week, so if you are in the market for FIA approved driver apparel, harness's, seats etc, remember to give Jack a call.

Mark Petch
Old 7 Jun 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3258888)   #133
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The young guy looked like he was throwing Kayne's old car round quite well the other weekend. The car looked to have some speed, are you helping with the setup Mark?
Old 7 Jun 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3258897)   #134
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
The young guy looked like he was throwing Kayne's old car round quite well the other weekend. The car looked to have some speed
He's a good racer Jerico, check out his in-car footage on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/user/JackKofoed94

For someone who is relatively new to this kind of racing he is certainly someone who has done well and impressed. He seems very comfortable in the car and confident as well. Nice, relaxed driving style, but aggressive where needs be....reminds me of some other notable kiwi tin-top racers
Old 7 Jun 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3259127)   #135
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
are you helping with the setup Mark?
Hi Jerico,

Not really, Jack's got Kayne's set up book, and knows were he needs to find time, he just does not have the budget to go testing but is getting some mentoring from Kayne which he is very grateful for. He is also great mates with Andre Heimgartner, and together they are planning to do some testing at Taupo before the next V8ST round, so that should also help move him on.

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 01:29 (Ref:3259177)   #136
Jackkofoed
Rookie

Jackkofoed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
PM'd you brother but just call DJ? 021 636 877
Old 8 Jun 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3259274)   #137
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi Jerico,

Not really, Jack's got Kayne's set up book, and knows were he needs to find time, he just does not have the budget to go testing but is getting some mentoring from Kayne which he is very grateful for. He is also great mates with Andre Heimgartner, and together they are planning to do some testing at Taupo before the next V8ST round, so that should also help move him on.

Cheers,

Mark.
I had just caught five minutes or so of one of Jack's race's at the race meeting. It was the first time I had seen him race. I think Jack was in the lead for a time? Looked like a bit of raw talent to me. I'm sure you and Kayne look up to him already.

Thanks ST for that. Would love to see him getting in the car.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3259333)   #138
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
I had just caught five minutes or so of one of Jack's race's at the race meeting. It was the first time I had seen him race. I think Jack was in the lead for a time? Looked like a bit of raw talent to me. I'm sure you and Kayne look up to him already.

Thanks ST for that. Would love to see him getting in the car.
Yes that's true, he did lead one race for some time at puke
Old 8 Jun 2013, 20:23 (Ref:3259467)   #139
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Not sure about "looking up to him" but for sure we are assisting and encouraging him, Jack has got a great attitude and is a real toiler to boot.

Considering he has very little experience, and no rich daddy he is doing exceptionally well, and will only get better with more seat time.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3259502)   #140
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Not sure about "looking up to him" but for sure we are assisting and encouraging him, Jack has got a great attitude and is a real toiler to boot.

Considering he has very little experience, and no rich daddy he is doing exceptionally well, and will only get better with more seat time.
That's good Mark. I have only spoken to Jack once and he seamed a very down to earth young guy. [A nice change] It's great to see you helping Jack along, as you said he doesn't have money so some would ask what's in it for Mark Petch? I know you have given numerous people help and assistance over the years with very little if anything in return.

[Few get to see that or talk about it]

I too look up to Jack like most would; He's a tall lad for a driver.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 01:19 (Ref:3259542)   #141
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
That's good Mark. I have only spoken to Jack once and he seamed a very down to earth young guy. [A nice change] It's great to see you helping Jack along, as you said he doesn't have money so some would ask what's in it for Mark Petch? I know you have given numerous people help and assistance over the years with very little if anything in return.

[Few get to see that or talk about it]

I too look up to Jack like most would; He's a tall lad for a driver.

Ha Ha, I get your point, yes he tower's over me, and most people, skinny as a rake though, so has to watch himself in a stiff breeze!

Why are we helping Jack, well to be truthful, its nothing more than my son Christopher deciding he was a nice young bloke that deserved a break in life, which is why he is also working for us at Autoquip, handling our Sabelt product range.
Old 9 Jun 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3260042)   #142
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mark,

Going way off topic here, but I'm interested in the history of most motorsport, but it can be hard to find much on Kiwi stuff. I was wondering if you had the time to do a quick run down on this car, and the series it ran in etc.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/spec...-561740453.htm

Good on ya for eveything you've put into motorsport in this country over the years too.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3260093)   #143
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Hi Mark,

Going way off topic here, but I'm interested in the history of most motorsport, but it can be hard to find much on Kiwi stuff. I was wondering if you had the time to do a quick run down on this car, and the series it ran in etc.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/spec...-561740453.htm

Good on ya for eveything you've put into motorsport in this country over the years too.
Thanks Sam,

Yes, MPM built the car, for Brett Riley, who should have won the Championship with that car, but was controversly protested out of the last round by John Sax, on the grounds that the car was fitted with an after-market oil cooler for the power steering, which we had been given verbal permission to fit, from the then MSNZ Technical Manager, Ian Snellgrove following its first practise run at Teretonga [were it boiled the power steering fluid] sadly Mr Snellgrove, denied that fact at the protest hearing following the last round at Manfield. Obviously Ian is no longer with us, but I never ever forgave him for his part in prematurely ending the Ford Dealer Team after such a promising first season on track, as we also won the 2 litre class with Kevin Pateman, in the TX3 Ford Laser.

Cheers'

Mark.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3260094)   #144
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Thanks Sam,

Yes, MPM built the car, for Brett Riley, who should have won the Championship with that car, but was controversly protested out of the last round by John Sax, on the grounds that the car was fitted with an after-market oil cooler for the power steering, which we had been given verbal permission to fit, from the then MSNZ Technical Manager, Ian Snellgrove following its first practise run at Teretonga [were it boiled the power steering fluid] sadly Mr Snellgrove, denied that fact at the protest hearing following the last round at Manfield. Obviously Ian is no longer with us, but I never ever forgave him for his part in prematurely ending the Ford Dealer Team after such a promising first season on track, as we also won the 2 litre class with Kevin Pateman, in the TX3 Ford Laser.

Cheers'

Mark.
This sort of thing looks like it's been going on for years then.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3260106)   #145
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe not enough bottles of bourbon changed hands
Old 10 Jun 2013, 03:14 (Ref:3260109)   #146
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Could be, could be...
Old 10 Jun 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3260112)   #147
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Sam,

Cheers'

Mark.
Thanks for that Mark, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who possibly has footage of any action from the 90's, I remember watching all I could as a youngster, and would love to refresh the memories.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 00:36 (Ref:3261220)   #148
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
I hear from a source close to sky that this dedicated motorsport channel is getting closer and they are looking for good local content to compliment the international coverage and have spoken about V8ST being in that content. Maybe Sky can bring back live V8ST coverage like V8SC? Yahoo.....bring it on.
So would that mean a shift from TV3 to Sky?

Or am I assuming correctly that with all the V8ST OnDemand/Live Streaming chatter that V8ST are heading down the non-exclusive broadcast rights route?

For my money, that’s the way of the future…. As more and more “broadcasters” enter the scene and ad revenue continues to go backwards, the big traditional guys are starting to concentrate their spending on trophy fish, with everything else losing out in the once lucrative TV rights $$$ food chain...
The smart smaller fish will figure a way of converting the extra eyeballs they can get from being across multiple broadcasters into $$$, while the slow medium sized fish will die of starvation as their once plentiful TV $$$ dissapear…..

In saying that, if I was Sky I’d be trying to lock down as much content for as long as I could while they’re still the best looking game in town…. You only have to look at Spotify (who as of April had double the number of people visit them as NZ’s #1 radio station site…. Ten months ago that stat worked the other way round) to see how fast the game is changing……

Although, obviously there’s a slightly different dynamic between Radio and TV given the bandwidth issues, exclusivity of premium content and that while they hold exclusive deals on that content it is their best interests to drag their feet on streaming and ondemand while Radio has been pushing streaming for years…. Still, the times they are a changing.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 00:47 (Ref:3261226)   #149
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd be happy with a good quality live stream on youtube as most tv's nowadays are internet ready and set up for youtube.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 02:07 (Ref:3261243)   #150
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbutler View Post
i'd be happy with a good quality live stream on youtube as most tv's nowadays are internet ready and set up for youtube.
You Tube’s a nice simple option… There are however a couple of major drawbacks, at least from a content owners perspective. It gets a little awkward when the pre-roll on your BNT V8ST live feed is a 30 second Supercheap Auto commercial.... Because You Tube is a juggernaut based on volume, with domestic content making up but a tiny tiny fraction of that volume I doubt whether they give a flying s**t about looking after your relationship with sponsors.....

Also, being the juggernaut they are, they’ve also got bugger all vested interest in promoting your content. It’s all well and good making the coverage available, but you still have to lead the horse to water if you want to have a shot at getting it to drink…… and as we know, Google make a buck or two out of leading horses..

All academic of course if V8ST/NZV8’s are (going) exclusive with Sky/TV3….