Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Oct 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3313174)   #76
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I think this threads gone rather daft
although at first we certainly all laughed
Now a mystery poster comes on the scene
The two circuits he doth live inbetween (or in a dream)

An anonymous poster with an anonymous car,
May seem like a story just a bit too far
And so we may feel like having a few "digs"
at the man with the team of mystery Stigs

At least JT's here...like the HISTORIC POLICE
with his postings aimed at keeping the peace
And I suppose what we will all have to do
is wait and witness this golden 2.42

Good luck with your shakedown
let us know how you get on
and if you do 2.42, you'll prove us all wrong

In the meantime I hope we have not offended you Tel
and Im sure everyone only wishes you well
Gents et all I give you a toast
to OUR TEL We love him.............He dont arf love to BOAST !! xx
Luvs n hugs
Old 5 Oct 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3313250)   #77
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Blimey I didn't realise that we had a"poet laureate" on 10s !!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Oct 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3313270)   #78
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very good , i likey .
Old 5 Oct 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3313298)   #79
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
fantastic Claire!
Old 6 Oct 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3313415)   #80
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Claire does it again!
Old 6 Oct 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3313418)   #81
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There was a young (?) Lady named Smith.
And of fame she had a whiff,
She wrote some verse,
And, yes, I've heard worse,
Now I must go and check on me diff.

Bauble
Old 6 Oct 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3313420)   #82
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
There was a young (?) Lady named Smith.
And of fame she had a whiff,
She wrote some verse,
And, yes, I've heard worse,
Now I must go and check on me diff.

Bauble
Remove the question mark!
Old 6 Oct 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3313424)   #83
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This thread was all about Spa, but from the subject has drifted quite far,
I blame that fellow Tell, aided by someone called Bell,
And tales of an odd clockwork car.

I can see that with barely a nod, we will soon have JT The Mod.
Moving this welter, of trash over to Delta.
'Cos you know that how likes playing god.

So thank you to our 360 Claire, we've started to clear the air,
For she's done her best to put this sad farce to rest.
But does anyone here really care?

Last orders Please Gentlemen.

BB
Old 6 Oct 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3313425)   #84
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Remove the question mark!
I have often heard, they do have the last word.
so in the hope of a 'bung' I underline young
I trust I am not being absurd.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3313427)   #85
bauble
Veteran

England
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...arshals+poetry
Old 6 Oct 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3313596)   #86
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm just trying to recover. ..tears of laughter rolling down my face! JT won't be happy about thread drift but that was "classic" so clearly within the remit of this forum :-)
Old 6 Oct 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3313654)   #87
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Alas, fear it is a hopeless case. The thread is well and truly ****ed!

Old 6 Oct 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3313678)   #88
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
.........JT won't be happy about thread.....
Can't say I blame him if that's the case. The Pam Ayres bit being the final straw for me - never could stand her (Pam that is, not Claire). I'll stick to the natter thread, far more sensible.
Old 6 Oct 2013, 21:34 (Ref:3313818)   #89
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Can't say I blame him if that's the case. The Pam Ayres bit being the final straw for me - never could stand her (Pam that is, not Claire). I'll stick to the natter thread, far more sensible.
Quite right too, we definitely need more sense on this thread. He said.

Now what was the original question?
Old 7 Oct 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3314132)   #90
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh come on. If you post something on here that seems utter fantasy and don't hang around to defend / explain yourself, you get what you deserve.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3314200)   #91
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Obviously didn't stay around for battle as its an Italian car.

The amazing thing is these days we can have 40/50 Spa posts without mentioning MGB's.

I do miss the old days!

Always thought Pam Ayres was so much more clever than she seemed.

The Spa thread was the only interesting thing on here as managed to keep us all awake for a week.

Back to boring Yank Tanks,MGB's and nondescript race reports.

Where are the old type threads that really annoy people and bring out the best in the posters.
Old 7 Oct 2013, 17:02 (Ref:3314205)   #92
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You could always try this one. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139519
Old 7 Oct 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3314207)   #93
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Obviously didn't stay around for battle as its an Italian car.

The amazing thing is these days we can have 40/50 Spa posts without mentioning MGB's.

I do miss the old days!

Always thought Pam Ayres was so much more clever than she seemed.

The Spa thread was the only interesting thing on here as managed to keep us all awake for a week.

Back to boring Yank Tanks,MGB's and nondescript race reports.

Where are the old type threads that really annoy people and bring out the best in the posters.
Blasphemy, stone that man he mentioned M*Bs.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3314476)   #94
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills View Post
Oh come on. If you post something on here that seems utter fantasy and don't hang around to defend / explain yourself, you get what you deserve.
Quite so, Roger! And if we are proved wrong it makes the other comments about quick trick cars a bit academic does it not, which is the point I was trying to make in the first place. So I will certainly not feel remotely contrite. Loved Claire's conciliatory poem, though!

Thanks to whoever split the thread off

Posting this from mate's laptop, down here in Plymouth and struggling with it so won't be posting much until I return home at end of week!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3314597)   #95
bauble
Veteran

England
OK! Now the 'Mysterons' have banished some of us to the boondocks, far away from the more civilised sections of Tenths Society, do we now have free rein to indulge in 'silly' posts, poetic masterpieces, witticisms, and general mayhem?

I do hope so.

bauble AKA Mr. Grouser!
Old 8 Oct 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3314600)   #96
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Mr bauble, I assume you are a Mr, we do already have the Lighter side Thingy wotsit thread for you delight and delectation if you care to go over there.
Old 8 Oct 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3314605)   #97
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Oh No, it is worse than we thought! Now there are TWO of them...

Meantime?

Didn't Terry mention a V12? When did Ford fit a V12 in a Mustang???
Old 8 Oct 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3314665)   #98
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Mr bauble, I assume you are a Mr, we do already have the Lighter side Thingy wotsit thread for you delight and delectation if you care to go over there.
have you visited that site Tim?

More often than not it is a hot bed of revolution, full of ranting Lefties, railing against the perceived injustices of the state, and the burdens imposed on the citizens of this fair country by an uncaring bureaucracy.

No! No! We need a haven for those of us who find it hard to fit into mainstream posting, whose only ambition is to make people smile, and bring a little joy into the humdrum lives of the oppressed. (Actually anyone daft enough to read the pointless whitterings of the likes of ..............)

bauble, who on occasion is wont to masquerade as Mr Grouser.

This post is endorsed by both of us (TTG).
Old 8 Oct 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3314676)   #99
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a legal GT40 doing a 2:42 lap at Spa is almost impossible.
A Bizzarinni is slower and lacks the brakes.
A DeTomaso pantera was not built before 1966 so is not allowed and on top of that it's a piece of s....
I have 2 friends racing them and they will not get near a GT40 time.
The 250LM is slower (I know I have owned/raced both the LM and the GT40)
Old 8 Oct 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3314677)   #100
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and that I feel is the crux of the issue... people who have really driven these cars in anger are wondering what on earth we are doing trying to believe a 2-42 lap is possible in a pre 66 legal car!
Fangio out of interest which was nicer to driver on the limit?