Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 2 Jan 2001, 15:32 (Ref:55787)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whilst at Spa last year I got into conversation with a gentleman who owns a Gordon Spice 24hrs Capri. I believe its the 1978 car which Spice shared with Pilette. He told me that he also had a copy of the highlights of the race. We went on to discuss parts availability etc. and I gave him the name and phone numbers for a few suppliers in the UK.

Guess what? In return for the info he sent me a copy of the video. It arrived just before Christmas. Obviously the quality is not of the best but it really is great to see those cars - BMWs, Alfas, Camaro etc. including the Capris all dicing around the Spa circuit.

Great stuff!!! As Murray W would say.
Old 2 Jan 2001, 18:47 (Ref:55811)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I know where you are coming from.

I was lucky enough to see the 24 hour race at Spa, in I think 82 or 83, they were very impressive coming though Eau Rouge at night headlights ablaze.

Only bad memories, thick fog thoughout the drive to Spa, and the rain early morning whilst we were getting 40 winks in the tent, on a fairly steep slope. We got very wet.

Simon
Old 5 Jan 2001, 08:58 (Ref:56200)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've always been very interested in the Spa 24 hour touring car race but it gets little or no coverage here in Australia. What happened to it after the Group A era?
Old 5 Jan 2001, 22:24 (Ref:56404)   #4
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What happened to Spa 24 ??

Well I think not a lot, as far as I know it carried on although now more of a club meet rather than a full blown international fixture, it caterers for saloon cars from the various European championships.

I may be very wrong but I'm sure that it is planned for 2001 as well.

Simon