Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 18 Nov 2004, 09:14 (Ref:1156816)   #1
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tough language from lmsr.net

lmsr.net recently updated with a small tidbit on the status of the introduction of 4-doors in the ALMS. at the end of the blurb, the following is posted:

"I will print the response verbatim....it is always our policy to be accurate and I do not publish Autosport or Autoweek reprints like the paysites that charge you for others work."

Edited for inappropriate content

and a funny thing to me is that lmsr.net is trying to act like they only post original material and never take articles, rumors, or other material from other websites, which is absolute ****. the ratio of original material between the two sites is won by dsc in a landslide. i used to be a happy patron of both dailysportscar.com and lmsr.net, but i find some of the current goings on at lmsr.net very dissapointing and i hope that michael cleans up his act soon.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Nov 2004 at 13:03.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1156826)   #2
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It never fails to surprise me how someone could have a cheek to do/claim such things...tst tst...
Old 18 Nov 2004, 10:06 (Ref:1156880)   #3
tblincoe
Veteran

well maybe michael's seen the error in his ways as the blurb was taken down...
Old 18 Nov 2004, 10:44 (Ref:1156908)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
DSC had NOTHING to do with any issues at LMSR.

The text of the article speaks for itself methinks - at best laughable, certainly entirely innacurate and particularly surprising from an individual who claims not to read DSC.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 10:46 (Ref:1156911)   #5
GT1
Racer

GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That site is a decent source for info but they will realize that people generally don't read a website to see flame wars or to responses to legal threats.

I know, I have ran an F1 website before. Quite a popular one. I always knew that whatever went on behind the scenes, keep it there. I left because of the time it took to do it. I also didn't take up huge portions of the news to report emails from other sites (but I didn't get many, maybe thats a message or something from other sites?).

I'm not saying I'm better than they are, but I will say that there needs to be a certain amount of professinalisim for a website to gain real credibility.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1156952)   #6
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much as I admire your enthusiasm and many posts on our subject, tblincoe - and thanks for being a subscriber - we had nothing to do with anything concerning that site.

Malcolm Cracknell

edited for context

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Nov 2004 at 13:06.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 12:18 (Ref:1156969)   #7
tblincoe
Veteran

nobody really knows (at least to my knowledge) in the public what happened with lmsr.net, mainly due to the cryptic language lmsr used in its announcements regarding the matter, and therefore i had no idea that anything malicious was involved and if i had known that i wouldn't have suggested any involvement on your behalf. what it sounded like to me was a dispute over material used by lmsr.net

nothing more and nothing less, i'm sorry that you though i was accusing you of a criminal activity as that wasn't even close to my intentions... i regard your site with the upmost respect in the motorsport community and will continue to do so in the future.

edited for context

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Nov 2004 at 13:07.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 12:36 (Ref:1156985)   #8
tblincoe
Veteran

and lmsr continues to impress, the following message is now up:

"a big thanks to the forum parrots worldwide!....free PR is a beautiful thing...just continue to get the name right and I will continue to watch the hit counter roll!! Dale Earnhardt gets a hell of a lot more free press than Jeff Gordon....Viva Black Sheep Squadron!!!!"

first off what the hell is a forum parrot? i'm sorry michael but you are a "forum parrot" too and if it weren't for "forum parrots" you wouldn't have a website

oh and just to show how good his reporting is right now, he has the following message up:

"e-mail from a fan says Autosport confirms Rahal will run a 550 in the ALMS. This was first reported on LMSR.NET two weeks ago. Go Rahal!"

the Autosport article did not confirm that Rahal would run a 550, it merely stated he was in talks about running a 550 before getting DBR-9s in 2006... hardly confirmed and not a very good job of checking your sources

what dissapoints me in all of this is when I recieved an email from The Racers Group that they would run a two-car LMES effort in 2005 the first person i forwarded the message to was michael at lmsr and the thanks i get is that dumb message on the website. real mature michael. keep up the good work buddy, tell Mazda i said hi
Old 18 Nov 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1157008)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm beginning to find this all quite tiresome.

Ten Tenths isn't the lmsr protection society......

This is going nowehere.

Edited and closed.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 13:42 (Ref:1157048)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
tblincoe, there are a few who know. lmsr's suggestions about legal activity have absolutely nothing to do with any other news site.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Closed Thread