Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 31 Mar 2009, 23:22 (Ref:2430163)   #1
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Danica Patrick super thread (Danica enters Nationwide Daytona)

Quote:
IRL superstar Danica Patrick has made a shock announcement that she will be moving into the #43 in the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship. Patrick, after what she feels have been "wasted" seasons in the IRL, says she is looking forward to mixing it with the drivers from NASCAR.

"It will be very different to what I am used to, these NASCAR vehicles." said Patrick. "However I'm sure I'll be able to 'bump' and 'push' my way to the front in no time!"

Patrick would not comment on her new teammate, Juan Pablo Montoya, who currently drives the #42.
"Superstar"???
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Apr 2009, 00:43 (Ref:2430188)   #2
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
"Superstar"???
It's still March 31st some parts of the world.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 05:10 (Ref:2430289)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, I was totally sucked in there.
Old 1 Apr 2009, 06:32 (Ref:2430316)   #4
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sponsored by Brats dolls?
Old 1 Apr 2009, 06:56 (Ref:2430326)   #5
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I particularly like the line about being team mates with Montoya. Last time I checked the #42 and #43 were owned by different people
Old 1 Apr 2009, 08:05 (Ref:2430356)   #6
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have £20 says she will never qualify for a race, I like the way she has obviously looked at what Dario did and said "Ha! I'm better than that!"
Old 1 Apr 2009, 11:20 (Ref:2430491)   #7
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully one day she will. Will be so entertaining to see her struggle in a car which requires you to lift in the corners on an oval.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 1 Apr 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2430587)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The April Fool thing on another Forum about her appearing in Playboy was so much better!
Old 1 Apr 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2430708)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
Hopefully one day she will. Will be so entertaining to see her struggle in a car which requires you to lift in the corners on an oval.
100% agree
Old 15 Jun 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2483927)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Danica Patrick will be in NASCAR next season. If NASCAR executives can pull it off. George Pyne -- the former NASCAR Chief Operating Officer, and thus one of the top officials in stock car racing, and now head of IMG sports and entertainment, the high-buck talent marketing agency – and key NASCAR executives are together working the entire Sprint Cup garage trying to put together a package for Patrick to run NASCAR next season. Finding sponsorship is quite likely not the big issue, as hot a property as Danica Patrick is. (mikemulhern.net)(6-15-2009)
Old 16 Jun 2009, 06:32 (Ref:2484231)   #11
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I would state my opinions on Danica, but I am pretty sure that they will be frowned upon.

However, her coming to Nascar was only a matter of time IMO.
Old 16 Jun 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2484843)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DP in a stockcar? for real this time?
on pins and needles...maybe she will even drive b4 the year is out!
can't wait....yippie!
Old 19 Jun 2009, 02:37 (Ref:2486318)   #13
Sparky7
Rookie

United States
Poconos PA
Sparky7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meh. It's from Mike Mulhearn so I'd take it with a grain of salt and wait for the news conference.

~~~Barb~~~
Old 19 Jun 2009, 03:28 (Ref:2486328)   #14
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
If she does make the move, it will clearly be a total disaster. I can see no reason she would make this move for anything other than money. There wouldn't be anything wrong with that: it is no crime to switch employer for greater income.

However, from a career improvement/race success POV, it would be a terrible move. I would be perfectly happy for her to make the switch and do well, but I just do not see success.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2486488)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Imagine if she replaced Dale Jnr in the #88 at Hendricks - she could learn of great team-mates in Gordon, Johnson & Martin....
Old 19 Jun 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2486587)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Imagine if she replaced Dale Jnr in the #88 at Hendricks

we would have an utter and complete nascar mutiny on our hands.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2487744)   #17
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Mulhern, it seems the team she is heading for is Roush, which is interesting considering Roush have to reduce from 5 cars to 4

Quote:
Danica to Roush? Danica Patrick will be in a Jack Roush NASCAR Ford next season, bank on it. Well, don't bet the ranch, but there is a growing sense that that is the momentum on the issue, if the sexy Indy-car star does make the leap into stock car racing, as she has hinted. And in the NASCAR garage here at Infineon Raceway Roush himself pondered the Danica option Friday. Patrick herself has been talking around the NASCAR possibility for several weeks now but insists she won't be making any announcement of where she'll be racing next season until this fall [after the IRL's finale in Oct]. Last weekend Geoff Smith, head of Roush Fenway Racing, talked about the Danica Patrick option. What does Roush himself think about her as NASCAR stocker? "I don't know enough about her to know how much time she'd have to spend in the Nationwide series or Truck series," Roush said. "I'd say, as a minimum, two years in the Nationwide series would be required…and at the same time she could run six or seven Cup races, to maintain her rookie status. It just depends on how badly she wants it," Roush says of any Patrick move into NASCAR. Patrick has some big advantages, Roush points out: "I don't know of any problems with Danica Patrick. If a female is going to make it in NASCAR in the foreseeable future, it will be Danica Patrick.(mikemulhern.net)(6-20-2009)
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#danica
Old 22 Jun 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2487998)   #18
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shall I take my congratulations now or later on being the first one to pick this up?

I'll get me coat (and me crystal ball!)...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 22 Jun 2009, 15:26 (Ref:2488393)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh I think it going to happen for sure. In fact I've been told it is going to happen but the person that told me didn't have specifics yet. That's where the money and the future is and the irl is pottering along to the grave. Anyone that is around the irl right now can see it is a shambolic mess and the money is running out quickly. Any driver with a brain is looking for an escape raft.

Whether or not she is successful or not wont matter for a while as she'll be able to garner the sponsorship necessary to keep going for a while, while padding her pocketbook.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2488437)   #20
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doh! I was hoping she would be in the new USF1 team! She could dice with Lewis!
Old 22 Jun 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2488591)   #21
Racenut7
Veteran

Racenut7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
she will not be in the Cup series
My Favourite 08 moment was when Courtney/Besnard comeback drive at Bathurst. Courtney raced through to dominate the opening stint had 15 sec. gap to Lowndes who was in 2nd. In the 2nd stint a slowly deflating tyre (originally diagnosed as a damaged anti-roll bar) slowed Besnard's stint in Courtney's car allowing Whincup to assert dominance over the field rest of the race. On lap 160 S.Richards, fading badly on rear tyres was unable to stop Courtney move into 3rd place.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2488643)   #22
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
If so she'll get her rear end handed to her in a major way. On road courses in an indycar despite her significant weight advantage she has never really been able to keep up and in F1 with that weight advantage negated plus other factors she'll get creamed.

On ovals in indycar with equal cars and engines(mostly) and with most tracks being 100% throttle, it's really up to the engineer to pull it out of the hat and the driver just has to hang on and do what they are told.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2488757)   #23
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nor will she be in F1. I think she will stay with the IRL but not with Andretti Green.
Old 23 Jun 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2488980)   #24
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
love your work! (anything in the wind for Ant with the new teams?)
Old 23 Jun 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2489344)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Rumours she will move to the Ganassi Indycar team. That would give possibility to run a few NASCAR races.