Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Apr 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4152615)   #126
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The third race can either be a total cracker or an utterly chaotic s*itstorm, we'll see.
Nice to see Chilton on the top step of the podium again after so many years.
Congrats to Hamilton for staying on track and having some decent battles, no disrespect but I expected him to end up in the gravel whereas he raced a decent race - normally would never be in that position but in racing you also have to be able to use the circumstances and he did.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 14:43 (Ref:4152616)   #127
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
The third race can either be a total cracker or an utterly chaotic s*itstorm, we'll see.
Nice to see Chilton on the top step of the podium again after so many years.
Congrats to Hamilton for staying on track and having some decent battles, no disrespect but I expected him to end up in the gravel whereas he raced a decent race - normally would never be in that position but in racing you also have to be able to use the circumstances and he did.
Yes it's easy to be dismissive but Nick drove very well, and had the balls to overtake in the wet. He fought all the way in terrible conditions to get his best ever finish and kept it on the black stuff. Big respect
Old 23 Apr 2023, 14:47 (Ref:4152617)   #128
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be interesting to see how he performs in R3.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 15:08 (Ref:4152620)   #129
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Please excuse my question. Im not sure it will really be answerable but i heard in the qualifying broadcast that the Ford and Toyotas had been extensively reengineered over the winter. However i thought that most of the car was made of RML spec parts? So what are they able to change other than the engine?

Only certain parts are universal, but the major differences are that they have both changed engine suppliers that require the re-engineering, including plumbing and many other differences.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4152625)   #130
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pearson failed ride height…

https://twitter.com/btcc/status/1650...T11pmdgnSSDQzA

So a maiden podium for Sam Osborne.

Cammish inherits R3 pole?
Old 23 Apr 2023, 15:35 (Ref:4152626)   #131
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that means Hamilton 6th
Old 23 Apr 2023, 15:43 (Ref:4152627)   #132
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Pearson failed ride height…

https://twitter.com/btcc/status/1650...T11pmdgnSSDQzA

Cammish inherits R3 pole?
Didn't Pearson bounce across the gravel at the Old Hairpin? I wonder if they will appeal and claim damage.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 15:50 (Ref:4152629)   #133
Trebor902
Rookie

Trebor902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Didn't Pearson bounce across the gravel at the Old Hairpin? I wonder if they will appeal and claim damage.
Don't think you can appeal it can you?
Old 23 Apr 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4152631)   #134
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor902 View Post
I remember it being done in the past (Sutton for one?) but to no avail.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 15:59 (Ref:4152634)   #135
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You can appeal if a transgression is caused by damage. Generally it doesn't go anywhere, but you can do it.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 16:30 (Ref:4152641)   #136
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm pleased to see Hamilton get 7th he had some good shows of car control at points there too. His first ever btcc points
Nic scored 1 point in the demolition derby Race 3 at Brands GP in the really hot summer meeting in 2020. I think there were only 18 classified finishers in that race.

His performance today was far better.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4152642)   #137
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

Means he can finally graduate from the Jack Sears Trophy!
Old 23 Apr 2023, 16:45 (Ref:4152643)   #138
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
His performance today was far better.
He was the second slowest on track. Let's not rave about this being some outstanding performance. His fastest lap was nearly 3 seconds off the pace. He was on the right tyre at the right time.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 16:52 (Ref:4152646)   #139
Trebor902
Rookie

Trebor902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope Osborne gets the book thrown at him for taking Morgan off before they even reached the line. Dirty tactics from Thompson were stupid too.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 16:52 (Ref:4152647)   #140
porsche962fan
Veteran

race control is way too generous with safety cars
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:12 (Ref:4152650)   #141
Evantra
Veteran

England
Not sure Thompson will keep that unfortunately, looked pretty damning.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:12 (Ref:4152651)   #142
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I think the results from this round have proved the Ford naysayers wrong to some degree.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:13 (Ref:4152652)   #143
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again disappointing race from Turkington
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:13 (Ref:4152653)   #144
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
He was the second slowest on track. Let's not rave about this being some outstanding performance. His fastest lap was nearly 3 seconds off the pace. He was on the right tyre at the right time.
As at least two of us have said already.

You've got to be in the right place at the right time, and Nic did that today. He might not be Ash Sutton, but for crying out loud give the man some slack.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4152654)   #145
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
On a much more positive note, rookies Watson & Pearson drew some big lines in the sand today. What a great way to announce your arrival in a new series (DSQ notwithstanding!).

I really enjoyed the races. I'm so glad I was at home mind you, that weather was filthy!

Last edited by Greem; 23 Apr 2023 at 17:28.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:21 (Ref:4152655)   #146
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
And he took advantage of this.

The fact that half of the grid was too incompetent to pull off a pit stop in less than 3 minutes does not undo Nics drive.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:23 (Ref:4152656)   #147
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR18 View Post
Once again disappointing race from Turkington
Hill pretty much replaces him as leading BMW driver
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:29 (Ref:4152659)   #148
Matt K
Veteran

Turkington has his best days behind him I fear, Hill will clearly outscore him I suppose.
Nice beginning of the season for Cammish, Fords look a lot stronger than last year and I guess Sutton will be a lot stronger than last year too. Very quick in R3.
Apart from the chaos in the beginning, it was a great race, the battle for the second was fantastic, showed me why I love BTCC
Bring on Brands Hatch!
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4152660)   #149
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never get the negativity around Nic. There was one driver today who was in the gravel three times over quali and the races but not a peep out of anyone on the BTCC FB page. If that had been Nic then they would have been going crazy about him being a liability etc.
Old 23 Apr 2023, 17:34 (Ref:4152661)   #150
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And how many of those other lap times were set with fresher rubber - or with a clear track ahead?

Tack position is everything - Hamilton got himself into a decent track position and made the most of it.

Were we just as critical of drivers in R1 2019 being on the right tyre at the right time?