Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 23 May 2008, 02:35 (Ref:2209495)   #301
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it hard to determine what's a racing engine and what's not. If someone decided to put Judd engines, or R8 FSI engines, in his roadcars (yeah in big numbers), would it still be called a racing engine?

The Aston Martin engine is modified quite a bit for racing. Even the bore and stroke are different... In fact, I'm sure Le Mans-winning engines from Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar or the Lister LMP engine were at the same technical level, at best.
Old 23 May 2008, 05:44 (Ref:2209536)   #302
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix
I find it hard to determine what's a racing engine and what's not. If someone decided to put Judd engines, or R8 FSI engines, in his roadcars (yeah in big numbers), would it still be called a racing engine?
I suppose the definition could be made as racing engines being stressed chassis members, which the AM engine is not.

One thing I've been thinking about with the dome - the blue fireballs out of the exhaust, the massively chopped up rear bodywork, the sub 3:20 claim - are they doing something different with their GV5? Is such a thing even possible?
Old 23 May 2008, 16:39 (Ref:2209919)   #303
nokke
Rookie

nokke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh my... that car is just pure sex on wheels.
Old 23 May 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2209922)   #304
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=cdsavage]I suppose the definition could be made as racing engines being stressed chassis members, which the AM engine is not.QUOTE]

...neither is the Judd.
Old 23 May 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2209926)   #305
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not that it is a bad thing, but, the Dome S102 sure does look like an updated and refined Toyota GT-One.

Pic by Lee Self via Mulsannes Corner

Photo credit Gregory Eyckmans via RaceXpress

L.P.
Old 23 May 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2209935)   #306
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
...neither is the Judd.
It looks like Epsilon Euskadi run the Judd fully stressed (pics and more pics).
Old 24 May 2008, 02:26 (Ref:2210142)   #307
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
...neither is the Judd.
Semi-stressed, isn't it?
Old 24 May 2008, 06:54 (Ref:2210185)   #308
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Its got "Accent" for a sponsor ..... and idea what livery that usually is ?

Small Phillips sponsors too .
Old 24 May 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2210294)   #309
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokke
oh my... that car is just pure sex on wheels.
It sure is! Welcome to the forum b.t.w.

Seeing the pics of this slippery beauty makes the aerorules seem even more outlandish. Were are the times that Le Mans racers had such gorgeous flowing lines coming of the back,like the Jag XJR9 or the Mazda 787B or the Porsche GT1-98...
To me,the current rearspoilers look as nothing more then airbrakes...
And yeah,yeah,I know that's what they're there for and to make the cars less likely to go airborne,but that will ALLWAYS be a possibillty when cars are driven at speeds over 200mph (Stephane Ortelli,Monza 1000km 2008).
Old 24 May 2008, 12:48 (Ref:2210381)   #310
nokke
Rookie

nokke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. I have been here for some time, but I am more of a lurker type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
-snip
Old 24 May 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2210402)   #311
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour

Seeing the pics of this slippery beauty makes the aerorules seem even more outlandish. Were are the times that Le Mans racers had such gorgeous flowing lines coming of the back,like the Jag XJR9 or the Mazda 787B or the Porsche GT1-98...
To me,the current rearspoilers look as nothing more then airbrakes...
And yeah,yeah,I know that's what they're there for and to make the cars less likely to go airborne,but that will ALLWAYS be a possibillty when cars are driven at speeds over 200mph (Stephane Ortelli,Monza 1000km 2008).
WHAT!

It's virtually perfect from every angle.

Those super low tails, big rear wing side boards and complex rear diffusers look stunning, much better than the rather agricultural Group C rears.
Old 24 May 2008, 13:23 (Ref:2210426)   #312
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, I adore the look of the S102, as beautiful a closed prototype as we've ever seen. I do remain, however, slightly sceptical about the claimed speed of the thing. Hope I'm proved wrong, but I expect the status quo to be maintained amongst the top Le Mans Series petrol P1's with the S102 slotting in just behind the Charouz Lola Aston Martin and Oreca Judds in Le Mans qualifying (which should be an absolute blast this year!).
Old 24 May 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2210450)   #313
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Not that it is a bad thing, but, the Dome S102 sure does look like an updated and refined Toyota GT-One......

L.P.
Damn, those pictures look unbelievably close, good catch! It will be interesting to see the performance difference between the two.
Old 24 May 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2210647)   #314
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Yep, I adore the look of the S102, as beautiful a closed prototype as we've ever seen. I do remain, however, slightly sceptical about the claimed speed of the thing. Hope I'm proved wrong, but I expect the status quo to be maintained amongst the top Le Mans Series petrol P1's with the S102 slotting in just behind the Charouz Lola Aston Martin and Oreca Judds in Le Mans qualifying (which should be an absolute blast this year!).
I'm suprised how open they've been, they're obviously looking to attract manufacturer and customer backing.

It's all for nowt if they don't back it up with pace and results.
Old 24 May 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2210885)   #315
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
WHAT!

It's virtually perfect from every angle.
Agreed except for one point .... the shape of the cockpit glass looks crap , like a fish bowl , Group C did look better in that area .

i wish they would change the dimension of the glass and have it more streamlined . Its almost bordering on DP !!!
Old 24 May 2008, 23:56 (Ref:2210904)   #316
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
but I expect the status quo to be maintained amongst the top Le Mans Series petrol P1's with the S102 slotting in just behind the Charouz Lola Aston Martin and Oreca Judds in Le Mans qualifying (which should be an absolute blast this year!).
No chance the S102 will blow off the LC70's with ease, the Lolaston will be harder but I think you could see the Dome pushing the R10's a little on lap 1
Old 25 May 2008, 02:09 (Ref:2210959)   #317
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
If there´s one make famous for producing "dark horses" then it has to be Dome. I´ll never forget forget the moment that Jan Lammers in his tiny team led the race!

I wouldn´t be surprised if they could mangle it up with them passionless diesels.
My prediction is,that the six diesels,together with the Lola Aston and the Dome,will run away from the field in the opening laps,where I think the Dome will run longer and faster in the race then the Lola Aston.
Old 25 May 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2211026)   #318
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it does sound like it might be fast, but will it last! I wouldn't get your hopes up too much guys, the thing hasn't even had a race yet! Has it done a 24hr test? Having said that, I would be delighted if it did last and give the diseasels a fright
Old 25 May 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2211186)   #319
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think asking too much of it this year would be silly, but with 3 decent drivers and a crack team (collard, verstappen, moreau, we know how good he's been at LAA, run by dome works and bits of RFH maybe?)
Old 27 May 2008, 19:02 (Ref:2213337)   #320
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dome at Le Mans with JB Motorsport

(two trucks)

5-27-2008

16th Le Mans race for Dome

http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_L.../Paddock04.jpg

http://translate.google.com/translat...e.php?sid=5685
Old 29 May 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2214640)   #321
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
At Le Mans we could potentially see the Judd engined Dome right up with the more powerful diesels, a second or two ahead of the Oreca Judd, who themselves may well be a couple of seconds ahead of Pescarolo. What in years gone by may have been a 5 second gap between the diesels and best of the rest Pescarolo, may now be the gap between three different Judd engined cars.

Whatever the fall out, it now seems coupes have a definate performance advantage over the open cars.

I hope so !!!!! Pescarolo(and in a lesser extend de Chaunac)will stop moaning about diesel/gasoline equivalence rule
Old 30 May 2008, 06:54 (Ref:2215117)   #322
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah they will just start moaning about the roadster / coupe equivalency.......
Old 30 May 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2215144)   #323
The Badger
Veteran

Wonder what Pescarolo will do for next year ..... the old dog (car) is getting a bit long in the tooth now .
Old 30 May 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2215149)   #324
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Wonder what Pescarolo will do for next year ..... the old dog (car) is getting a bit long in the tooth now .
I guess the funding/project coming from the "Saulnier' side (read Nicolet) should fuel development of a new car.
Old 30 May 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2215418)   #325
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any livery hints yet?