Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Feb 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3802194)   #401
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v jones View Post
?,is there something we are missing,we have a driver waiting to commit to racing on the support bill to these races,he is confused!
it doesnt make any difference to the rest of the races on those weekends. they would run regardless as its just a club event.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3802195)   #402
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v jones View Post
?,is there something we are missing,we have a driver waiting to commit to racing on the support bill to these races,he is confused!
it doesnt make any difference to the rest of the races on those weekend. they would run regardless as its just a club event.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 16:30 (Ref:3802199)   #403
v jones
Rookie

v jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The point is another under-whelmed club racing meeting created,some-one will up paying for the un-used track hire in the long term.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 16:43 (Ref:3802441)   #404
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks like Dennis Strandberg will be driving the Maximum Motorsport SEAT Leon.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3802453)   #405
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
It looks like Dennis Strandberg will be driving the Maximum Motorsport SEAT Leon.
from what I hear only for the opening round as apparently TCRuk are paying for teams to get some cars out to do the first event, to save huge embarrassment. but theres still only literally a handful of cars committed to a full season.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3802666)   #406
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well there are some noises, but not enough to really convince us if it's going to get off the ground
Old 20 Feb 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3802671)   #407
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be a shame if this didn't get off the ground - but I must admit that I'm far from optimistic. Media Day is in a fortnight (assuming my calendar is correct) and we've barely got a handful of confirmed entries.
Old 21 Feb 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3802872)   #408
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rory Butcher testing a TCR Golf today...
Old 21 Feb 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3802908)   #409
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahobson98 View Post
I do love seeing all the comments on here saying that it isn't going to happen. Its as though you don't want another race series to start in the UK???
Not sure that we do, I'd prefer they sorted out the mess that currently exists. If there's a huge entry, then maybe, otherwise not.

My proposed regulation has always been 'no race shall have more minutes of qualifying or minutes/laps of racing than it has cars on the grid. The exception shall be for an endurance race which shall have a minimum of 26 cars plus an additional 5 for each hour in excess of 2'. Should solve most of the small grid issues.

As a marshal, I'm volunteered for a couple of these meetings. I may well review that as the season progresses.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3804579)   #410
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Media day on Tuesday, anyone going?
Old 28 Feb 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3804601)   #411
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Media day is not Media day anymore - it's just a test day.

Media day is postponed (officially due to a clash with the Geneva motor show). No new date confirmed yet.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3804608)   #412
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Is this question just aimed at The Media / possible spectators, or does it also include teams & drivers?
Old 28 Feb 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3804609)   #413
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

Media day is postponed (officially due to a clash with the Geneva motor show). No new date confirmed yet.
theyve cancelled their media day?! thats not a good sign. that means they dont have enough cars turning up for it not to be a complete embarrasment.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3804611)   #414
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...coming-season/

This is the first time I got the "dead parrott" feeling. Surely the Geneva Motor Show event can't have been unknown until now? And the manufacturers could not be present with their cars, but why do they have to? Isn't there enough cars and teams? And Lotti claims the agreed on reducing costs, while still hosting a test day? It all sounds very strange, but I'd love to be wrong.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3804614)   #415
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettersson View Post
Surely the Geneva Motor Show event can't have been unknown until now? And the manufacturers could not be present with their cars, but why do they have to? Isn't there enough cars and teams? And Lotti claims the agreed on reducing costs, while still hosting a test day? It all sounds very strange, but I'd love to be wrong.
It's very odd isn't it? "The manufacturers can't be present" - well no - why would they be anyway? It's a customer racing championship - I thought that was the whole point? It's not a manufacturer championship.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3804618)   #416
touring fan01
Veteran

geneva motor show is just a ridiculous and nonsesnical excuse. its been cancelled because it would be too embarassing having a media day for only a handful of drivers.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3804633)   #417
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
As excuses go that is pathetic. They should have tried "snow", someone may have bought that!

This parrot is 6 foot under, not even nailed to a perch...
Old 28 Feb 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3804650)   #418
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mixed messages much? Lotti himself said:

”A number of teams then expressed a wish that the Media Day be postponed as they were still finalising cars, drivers or sponsors and so would welcome the extra time this would allow.”

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...-will-success/
Old 28 Feb 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3804654)   #419
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Perhaps UK doesn't have a room for an European thought touring car series. Brexit hitting motorsports some will say.
Old 28 Feb 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3804744)   #420
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the website was still showing 6th March as Media day earlier this afternoon, cancelling because of the Geneva Motorshow?? sounds like a pretty lame excuse
Old 28 Feb 2018, 22:59 (Ref:3804753)   #421
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm curious, does anyone know if the gates will be open for the public to watch as its just a test day now and like most other circuits, test days are open and free?

With only living down the road and having day off work, I might pop down n see whats what.
Old 1 Mar 2018, 09:00 (Ref:3804841)   #422
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
I'm curious, does anyone know if the gates will be open for the public to watch as its just a test day now and like most other circuits, test days are open and free?

With only living down the road and having day off work, I might pop down n see whats what.
The afternoon was always planned to be open to the public (Media stuff in the morning then testing in the afternoon). I guess it'll be open to the public all day now?
Old 1 Mar 2018, 09:02 (Ref:3804842)   #423
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post

You might have a more entertaining day painting a piece of wood and then watching it dry...
Old 1 Mar 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3804855)   #424
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I find this very suspicious. What would a car show in Switzerland have to do with a independent tin top series in Blighty?
Old 1 Mar 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3804860)   #425
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I find this very suspicious. What would a car show in Switzerland have to do with a independent tin top series in Blighty?
Absolutely nothing at all.

It's not like the Geneva show just appeared out of nowhere. The dates are fixed into place months ago (if not a year ago).