Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Jan 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1197692)   #1
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
camping

Well I have a long last got a tent - well hotels are getting so expensive now.

So I need all the ins and outs of camping at circuits, where's it good and where's it not and why?
Old 11 Jan 2005, 02:19 (Ref:1197792)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard Mr Palmer was stopping camping at his circuits, which is a shame because the campsite at Oulton was really good, inside the circuit at Lodge corner.

Only experience I've had is at BTCC events, don't know what the arrangements/facilities are for smaller or other events, but Oulton is/was good like I said, with water, toilets, showers etc. Also, Donington had it's own free campsite near Coppice corner (with toilets etc.) which looked quite nice, and a independent one, which we camped in last year. That was also pleasent, with facilities. And a gate went straight up to one of the entrances. If anything, next time I go to Donny and camp, I'd go for the free one, my friend spent one night there, and said it was good.

Oh, and I've camped at Le Mans (only one night though, and that was in the Expo carpark - staying for 5 nights this year though!), but that would need it's own topic!
Old 11 Jan 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1197890)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have camped at several TOCA events over the last 2 years. The only tracks which I have camped at are Brands, Snetterton, Oulton and Thruxton and I have no problems what so ever. As for the other circuits I am not sure what the setup is I have either driven in from home or had a hotel.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1198362)   #4
beefy
Racer

United Kingdom
Cornwall
beefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pembrey's OK. There's an area for camping, a bar on site and a few showers.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1198526)   #5
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone is fairly good. Camping is on the grass by the runway, theres a toilet block near by and showers in the paddock.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1198581)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Isn't that for marshals/competitors only? Silverstone has no public camping facillites.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1198606)   #7
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was at the LMES, where chezza mentioned. Inside of the track quite near Becketts.

I didn't camp there, as I could only go for the Saturday (I didn't drive then, and dad could only make the one day ), but some friends of mine did, it look quite pleasent.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 08:45 (Ref:1198750)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I'm fairly sure that was a one-off as it was an evening race. I've never seen any mention of public camping at any other race.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 09:27 (Ref:1198786)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
If you visit the MSV website www.motorsportvision.co.uk and click on each of the circuits, it will show whether camping facilities are available.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1199179)   #10
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you could be right Redshoes!