Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 6 Feb 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3710520)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No, not a Sierra, much more older it was a Simca after a R12 Gordini made in Echalard ! He was so good with spanners. He use to prepare a MEP X 27 for one of my blokes Bernard … somebody! Two of his sons are still around running a Renault garage.
As to htp, I dont think so at the moment its gonna be a kind of "parcours du combattant" if you see what I mean. Anyway, keep on bringing all the documents you can get, not forgetting the original series regulation approved by an ASN (in this case, probably MSA).
Club racing shouldn't be a problem, just for fun, you have to comply with safety as described in the appendix K which is a very good thing.
If you raced in the F 3 Classic french series maybe we met before, I use to write some race reports a while ago for the racers through HVM.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3711200)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post

The engines were originally built by Holbay, who were already in financial troubles at the time they took on the contract, and eventually went bust after the death of founder John Read in a flying accident- by this time, Wheatcroft had written off the entire Formula Classic project (at a cost of £1.6m apparently), although some development work did apparently continue on the car for some time after the series was canned.

Warrior supplied the heads at the time according to Tim Swadkin.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Apr 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3729697)   #28
sheepdip
Rookie

sheepdip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Formula Classic

I own car number 9. I have replaced the engine bearings as a precaution. Fitted new plugs, belts and fuel lines and also added an alternator. But still not driven it!
I think someone needs to create a registor to log the movements of all the cars, including the ones that have been broken.
Any details to add to the history would be very much appreciated.
Old 2 May 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3730543)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There was one in the Paddock at Donington!
Old 2 May 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3730596)   #30
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
There was one in the Paddock at Donington!
For Sale, less engine and gearbox (and maybe other less obvious parts) £8,000 reduced from £15,000
Track day car or piece of history?
Old 6 May 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3731412)   #31
sheepdip
Rookie

sheepdip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats my problem I was going to break mine for the engine but now I guess it could be regarded as a piece of histroy. If I had the space I would keep it complete or loan to a museum or sell to someone how was not going to break it.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3745109)   #32
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This subject came up on Facebook the other day - my late father did some of the development testing and I have a picture of him in a Silver car, which was not believed until I posted it, as they were all red.
When I looked at the photo though, I realised the car my Dad is driving has slightly different bodywork, so I'm not sure if it was an early model or a later model that had some development/modifications.
There is a thread on PH too, that has some nice race pictures:-
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...&t=1636547&i=0
Old 17 Aug 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3759956)   #33
mark.aberkrom
Rookie

mark.aberkrom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Classic register

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidochon View Post
Hello
I’m looking for informations , pictures , results , documents on Wheatcroft formula classic ; this serie have had no success I found only one two races during the classic endurance GT at Donington Sunday 7 / Monday 8 in the year 1995 , I know one race was win by Martin Donnelly but it’s all many thank’s for your help
Hi Bidochon, I am interested in the history of the Wheatcroft Formula Classic as well.
I have a complete car and a rolling chassis. It is my intention to put a Jaguar 3L V6 from a S-Type in the rolling chassis.
Any information on the history of these cars is welcome. If I can help with starting a register please let me know.

Mark Aberkrom
Holland
Old 25 Aug 2017, 21:45 (Ref:3761597)   #34
bidochon
Rookie

France
rue Gamma Paris
bidochon should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbidochon should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
video

Old 26 Aug 2017, 08:39 (Ref:3761680)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bidochon, j'éprouve quelques difficultés Ã* charger ta vidéo sous Mac.