Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Oct 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1439901)   #51
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe Lewis' future is pretty much mapped out.

McLaren know how they rate him - so if he goes to Macau and wins or goes to Macau and crashes on lap one, it's irrelevant really - it's one race against a whole career.

Whatever he does in Macau won't change their plans for him, so he should be going to try and get a win in such a special race on his record. If he goes and doesn't win, well, at least he tried.

You say it may be his advisors who don't want him to go - well, that's their perogative - but I would hope that Lewis himself does want to go.

Sometimes it's important not to look at every race as a step on a ladder and look at this one in particular as a great event which is worth having a crack at winning.
Old 21 Oct 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1439913)   #52
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I believe Lewis' future is pretty much mapped out.
sure, would agree with you there.

Quote:
McLaren know how they rate him - so if he goes to Macau and wins or goes to Macau and crashes on lap one, it's irrelevant really - it's one race against a whole career.
yep, again see point but whether they (mclaren etc) do or not i'm not too sure.

Quote:
You say it may be his advisors who don't want him to go - well, that's their perogative - but I would hope that Lewis himself does want to go.
i'd be surprised if he *didn't* want to go and is saying "well yeah, but i'd rather just watch it on the tv." don't know what his advisors actually think, it's just a train of thought and a contemplation.

Quote:
Sometimes it's important not to look at every race as a step on a ladder and look at this one in particular as a great event which is worth having a crack at winning.
of course, but it will be looked at in that way by others. does that matter? maybe, maybe not. people writing things wherever isn't really going to have any influence on mclaren's thought processes. to be fair, who wouldn't really want to have a crack at winning it? but y'know, who knows how much the decision is in (or out of) his hands?
Old 24 Oct 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1441882)   #53
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many people, not just drivers, DREAM of winning the Macau F3 Grand Prix and yet the one with the best chance of winning it this year is not giving it a go...

He owes it to all the people who can only dream about it to have a go at it. (A bit like what Ben Affleck told Matt Damon in "Good Will Hunting".)

F1 wins may fall to him in the future, but Macau F3 is now.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1442155)   #54
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to clear things up a little (seems to be a lot of people waffling without knowing what they're talking about!) the decision was made by mercedes.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1442163)   #55
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
so your arguement basically boils down to "he's chicken"...
Quote:
to clear things up a little (seems to be a lot of people waffling without knowing what they're talking about!) the decision was made by mercedes.
Good to have the clarification, er, for all concerned! Shame on Mercedes, though.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 13:42 (Ref:1442172)   #56
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
That's surely going to please the potential Mercedes buyers in South China, NOT.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1442319)   #57
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They are paying for Rodolfo Avila to drive the HBR Mercedes engined car - he's their local boy!
Old 28 Oct 2005, 05:38 (Ref:1445692)   #58
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Hamiltion's biggest rival, British F3 champ Alvaro Parente has already moved to A1GP, which has a clashing race in Malaysia. Yet Mercedes is not confident of putting him in the race.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 06:57 (Ref:1445733)   #59
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldnt do Macau, regardless of prestige, because its a waste of time. You go all that way, spend all that money, just to hope you arent in the half of the entries that end up on fire in Turn 1 on Lap 1. Then you piddle around in whatever position you survived into by turn 2, and hope the other survivors ahead of you glance the wall at some point and you dont.

And did you just refer to Parente as a Hamilton rival?! Nevermind that you think he's his biggest rival...
Old 28 Oct 2005, 08:43 (Ref:1445804)   #60
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Yeah, maybe we should remove everyone else from the entry list so Hamilton will not have to waste his time.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 09:00 (Ref:1445814)   #61
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Good to have the clarification, er, for all concerned! Shame on Mercedes, though.
excuse me, i was summing up their arguements, that had nothing to do with what i thought

no way would hamilton's biggest rival be parente. surely he'd have to fear the ridiculously quick other asm driver first...
Old 28 Oct 2005, 09:15 (Ref:1445833)   #62
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
I wouldnt do Macau, regardless of prestige, because its a waste of time.
Do you know what are you saying? Macau is the most challenging track in the World.

Anyway, Loic Duval has taken over the seat of Lewis Hamilton and Czech Filip Salaquarda will race with HBR Motorsport.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1445836)   #63
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who will take Duval's seat at Signature and who is Salaguarda replacing?
Old 28 Oct 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1445841)   #64
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Filip Salaquarda is replacing Alejandro Núñez.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1446023)   #65
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFonseca
Do you know what are you saying? Macau is the most challenging track in the World.
So? That doesnt change the fact that you've got a better chance of ending up on your head at Lisboa than winning the race.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1446031)   #66
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm curious about what hamilton is going to do next year.

It doesnt appear that he will do GP2 because he failed to test recently at the first test of the year. Also Ron Dennis spoke a bit dismissively about the GP2 series earlier in the year.

That leaves F1 but i cant see where he will fit in.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 13:55 (Ref:1446064)   #67
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
excuse me, i was summing up their arguements, that had nothing to do with what i thought
Fair comment, although it took you a while to come up with it!

Quote:
no way would hamilton's biggest rival be parente. surely he'd have to fear the ridiculously quick other asm driver first...
I don't recall mentioning Parente at all. I don't think he's even going. Kubica definitely and Montin maybe will be serious threats. Several drivers - even Bruno Senna - could be good for a podium if they stay out of trouble.

Which 'ridiculously quick' ASM driver are we talking about? Vettel or Duval? I wish they would publish an up-to-date entry list. It's about time the drivers stopped playing musical chairs.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 16:16 (Ref:1446149)   #68
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
to be fair, that remark about parente was directed at asa.

i was talking about vettel, i'm not entirely convinced about duval. i just can't work out where signature's car problems end and the drivers not being able to work around the problems begin.

drivers playing musical chairs... i wouldn't hang around with a team i'd spent a year getting annoyed with, so no wonder there's toys out of prams and things
Old 28 Oct 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1446163)   #69
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Macau is always (in most cases) an extra deal on the end of any championship campaign and secondary. Same with the FF Festival in FF circles. No wonder some drivers switch teams or don't bother. All to do with £££££ available.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1446167)   #70
ukkartace
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
ukkartace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i reckon that robert kubica will be a good contender, hes stepped down from renault world series for this race cuz hes always wanted to win it, and judging by his driving this year and the fact that hes doing it with carlin hes got to be a pretty favourable bet.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1446177)   #71
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
James Rossiter?
Old 28 Oct 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1446201)   #72
ukkartace
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
yeh i think rossiter is a likely bet, especially as money now isnt an issue wiv BAR's backing lol
Old 28 Oct 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1446246)   #73
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
we've had the discussion with the bar backing many times with adam carroll, they don't put any money in...
Old 28 Oct 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1446288)   #74
ukkartace
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
they do actually, well that was what i was told by the boss of BAR! however you are right in suggesting that they dont pay no where near the full budget for the drivers.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1446323)   #75
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
james brought a fairly big sponsor to bar...

isn't it odd that they have these drivers, and (if you're correct) they fund them, but they won't pay top dollar for the best seat to make them look good...