Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

View Poll Results: Do we need a dedicated GPL forum?
Yes 5 31.25%
No 11 68.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jan 2003, 22:44 (Ref:481758)   #1
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should there be a dedicated GPL Forum?

Thats the question. With so many GPL threads being opened with many varying topics do we think it would be an idea to have a seperate GPL forum so as to seperate that from the more general chat in Armchair enthusiast? If people think its a good idea I'll put it to Craig...
Old 21 Jan 2003, 22:54 (Ref:481780)   #2
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No offense to this forum, but there are much better forums out there that deal with Sim racing and vid games in general. The 'armchair enthusiast' is geared towards a more general audience in my opinion.
It really seems unnecessary to split it.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 22 Jan 2003, 10:46 (Ref:482237)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, despite being here (in "AE") almost entirely because of my addiction to GPL, I don't think another forum is necessary. After all, 10/10ths is a motorsport and not a gaming site. As ace says, there are dedicated forums at High Gear, RSC and elsewhere (which anyone keen on GPL should be visiting at least every other day!!).
Old 22 Jan 2003, 12:56 (Ref:482352)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I voted 'Yes' without really thinking about it, but i changed my mind after hearing the arguments from Ayse and enemy-ace.
Old 22 Jan 2003, 13:11 (Ref:482375)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Same here R!
Old 22 Jan 2003, 17:44 (Ref:482619)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too, but i still think it would be a good idea, only because i don't want to be logging into loads of different forums
Old 22 Jan 2003, 19:17 (Ref:482702)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry folks but No, I am with Ayse on this one.
Old 22 Jan 2003, 19:51 (Ref:482733)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe not a GPL forum, but since this forum is dedicated to everything to do with "armchair enthusiasts" is covered, anything from video games to RC cars to slot cars.
I think many people seem to just regard this as a video game part of the forum.

So maybe we should have a video gaming forum, and a mini motorsport forum, covering slot cars and RC cars, and any other form of real (ie not virtual) racing
Old 22 Jan 2003, 19:54 (Ref:482739)   #9
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Thats an idea
Old 22 Jan 2003, 20:08 (Ref:482765)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, because when you start dividing up the 'Armchair Enthausiasts' forum, the other forums like slotcars and R/C cars could end up being quite empty.
Old 22 Jan 2003, 22:05 (Ref:482874)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I voted no. Armchair Enthusiast. Think about it, GPL does fall under that category! It just so happens that GPL is a popular subject under that category.