Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 3 Nov 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1451613)   #1
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plum Pudding Meeting Mallory Park 26th December

I have been asked by Alan Ward, Chairman of BARC Midlands Centre to drum up trade for the Plum Pudding Meeting on Boxing Day.

So far the only entries received are 15 Caterhams and 1 single seater, which is most definitely not enough!!!

The entry fee is £100 for which you get your practice session and TWO races. Grids will be determined by practice times as opposed to being drawn from a hat and eaten as in the past!

Regs are available on the BARC website as are contact details for Alan and Noreen.

Alan is off to Kyalami next week and I know he would dearly love to get this meeting wrapped up before he goes, so please enter and ensure we have another cracking Plum Pudding meeting this year!

Sheila
Old 5 Nov 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1452657)   #2
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, Memories!

Hi Sheila, seeing your plea for more entries takes me back to 1966! At the time I had just changed over from Mini to Anglia (well before the famous SWISH car), and I took the purple car to Mallory Park for the Plum Pudding Races. I have a lovely photo of the car at Shaws behind a mini, and they both look so basic, in those far off pre-advertising days. Anyway, the races were over-subscribed, and we had a healthy crowd. I do hope that you get more support. Come on Guy's and Gals, it really is a great day out and gets rid of that Christmas day hangover. Gerry. Burton On Trent.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1453115)   #3
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi sheila,

maybe you should consider allowing tin tops in................

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 6 Nov 2005, 06:57 (Ref:1453219)   #4
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graham,

I thought they did - Sports & Saloons, and Single Seaters.

Gerry, the idea of working off a hangover these days isn't PC!! I hate PC!

Can't even enjoy yourself in the bar the night before without worrying if the breathaliser has your name on it in the morning. (unless you're at Cadwell, where you'd be lucky to find the bar open!!)

Rob.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1453581)   #5
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham bahr
hi sheila,

maybe you should consider allowing tin tops in................

Unfortunately Graham, I'm not in a position to consider it! The decision is up to the Committee and having resigned from the Committee in January I'm now just a member of BARC Midlands Centre.

I believe members read this forum though so perhaps your comment may be taken on board.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1453645)   #6
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah! I forgot!

Rob, oops! there's me talking about "DRIVING OFF A CHRISTMAS HANGOVER"!!! Hush my mouth. But then again back in those day we did race cars on Boxing day, and we did have hangovers, and we enjoyed life. And then....we (that is Gerry Marshall, Tony Lanfranchi, and me, and the whole lovely circus that was Special Saloon Racing) went up those green wooden steps into the bar, at Mallory, and wished each other a lovely happy crazy Motor Racing New Year! Ah, those really were great days! Gerry Swish Taylor.
PS I in no way condone drinking and driving, and of course respect the law regarding this. (We were just lucky I guess, to have lived in those innovative happy days).
Old 6 Nov 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1453735)   #7
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
DriversKnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are these allcomers races? It is not listed on the BARC timetables website, so can you advise what cars are eligible and where we get entry forms?
Old 6 Nov 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1453739)   #8
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriversKnow
Are these allcomers races? It is not listed on the BARC timetables website, so can you advise what cars are eligible and where we get entry forms?

The races are open to Single Seaters up to 2.5 litres and Caterhams.

Entry forms and regs available here: http://www.barc.net/midlands.htm#plumpud
Old 6 Nov 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1453753)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To add to Sheila's post, the Caterham races are for Graduate Club and Academy-spec cars only.

But no Ginettas...
Old 6 Nov 2005, 23:29 (Ref:1453754)   #10
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know of somewhere else [see below]
Old 7 Nov 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1453935)   #11
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
Unfortunately Graham, I'm not in a position to consider it! The decision is up to the Committee and having resigned from the Committee in January I'm now just a member of BARC Midlands Centre.
shame, from my experiences on the BARC SE committee ( maybe we could liven things up and swap committee's??!!) i'd say its 300 times more difficult to get single seaters on a grid than tin tops

Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1454434)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Specially that time of year Grahame, it's cold in them things:-)
Old 7 Nov 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1454677)   #13
Mike Holmes
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Mike Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got 3 single seaters for you Sheila! One of them for me, there's a dangerous scenario! will put entries in when we have dried out from the Walter Hayes.
Mike
Old 7 Nov 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1454685)   #14
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Holmes
Got 3 single seaters for you Sheila! One of them for me, there's a dangerous scenario! will put entries in when we have dried out from the Walter Hayes.
Mike

Oooh Mike!!! Thank you! Get your entries in quick though please.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 22:09 (Ref:1454711)   #15
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a few Classic Formula Fords joining in too - perhaps some of their more modern counterparts good come along?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1454755)   #16
Mike Holmes
Racer

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Mike Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of our three is a classic FFord, A Jamun T2, does not take a genius to work out whose!!
Old 7 Nov 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1454776)   #17
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I think I have got it
Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1455228)   #18
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another single seater entry just mailed in.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1455588)   #19
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmanuk
Another single seater entry just mailed in.
Ooh that is good news. Any more?

Now, how are we doing for Caterhams?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1486240)   #20
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bit off an off topic in this but wonderin if i should stick me name down as a late entry for marshalling but its a hell of long way to come for me so wonderin if anyone knows the timetables etc etc to work if its worth the trip down?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1486245)   #21
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Qualifying starts at 10am and racing will (have to finish) by 4pm at the latest. There isn't usually a lunch break, but then you don't really need one for such a short day.

Marshals signing on is at 8.30am. The chief marshal is Fred Bromley - I will PM his details to you.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1486278)   #22
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any ideas of numbers of people racing on cars or bikes?????
Old 18 Dec 2005, 23:50 (Ref:1486301)   #23
Ian Sowman
Veteran

As far as cars go, at the last count 20 Caterhams and 19 single-seaters. Not sure about bikes. See the thread in CLSS for a reasonably up to date list.
Old 19 Dec 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1486398)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Should have let saloons in, it would have been packed.
Old 19 Dec 2005, 08:09 (Ref:1486405)   #25
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
yep, i seem to recall asking every year...............