Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 10 Apr 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2861372)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2011 Formula Renault 3.5 Rounds 1,2 - Motorland Aragon

If you got British Eurosport then you are in luck. you will see race 1 at 1.00pm BST Saturday and 1.15pm BST next Sunday. in other words you can watch this Live!
Old 10 Apr 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2861461)   #2
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Awesome news, as Eurosport's treatment of the series last year was abysmal.
Old 14 Apr 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2863404)   #3
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While were at it, I thought I'd add the complete entry list for all to see:

Quote:
1. Kevin Korjus (EST) – Tech 1 Racing
2. Arthur Pic (FRA) – Tech 1 Racing
3. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS) – ISR
4. Nathanael Berthon (FRA) – ISR
5. Jean-Eric Vergne (FRA) – Carlin
6. Robert Wickens (CAN) – Carlin
7. Alexander Rossi (USA) – Fortec Motorsport
8. Cesar Ramos (BRA) – Fortec Motorsport
9. Daniel McKenzie (GBR) – Comtec Racing
10. Daniel de Jong (NED) – Comtec Racing
11. Sten Pentus (EST) – EPIC Racing
12. Albert Costa (ESP) – EPIC Racing
15. Stephane Richelmi (MON) – International DracoRacing
16. Andre Negrao (BRA) – International DracoRacing
17. Oliver Webb (GBR) – Pons Racing
18. Dominic Storey (NZL) – Pons Racing
19. Chris van der Drift (NZL) – Mofaz Racing
20. Jake Rosenzweig (USA) – Mofaz Racing
21. Anton Nebylitskiy (RUS) – KMP Racing
22. Nelson Panciatici (FRA) – KMP Racing
23. Walter Grubmuller (AUT) – P1 Motorsport
24. Daniil Move (RUS) – P1 Motorsport
25. Daniel Zampieri (ITA) – BVM–Target
26. Sergio Canamasas (ESP) – BVM–Target
27. Jan Charouz (CZE) – Gravity–Charouz Racing
28. Brendon Hartley (NZL) – Gravity–Charouz Racing
Sten Pentus has taken the empty seat alongside Albert Costa at EPIC Racing, signing for the whole season, whilst Dominic Storey has signed a one-event deal with Pons Racing. Chris van der Drift is also only confirmed at Mofaz for the first two rounds at Alcaniz and Spa.

And due to his Toro Rosso F1 commitments this weekend, Daniel Ricciardo is being replaced at ISR by MW Arden GP3 driver Lewis Williamson.

Now that is what I call a strong entry list!
Old 14 Apr 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2863438)   #4
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any schedules out there qualifying etc, maybe even live timing?

Giddy up.
Old 14 Apr 2011, 21:47 (Ref:2863477)   #5
dangaskin
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
dangaskin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
Any schedules out there qualifying etc, maybe even live timing?

Giddy up.
Live timing is at its usual address - http://intranetwsr.alkamelsystems.com/live.html

And schedule is - http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.fr/e...Programme.aspx
Old 14 Apr 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2863482)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm completely biased but for me it's a better entry list than gp2. can't wait till qualifying to see what the actual real life pace is and how close the field is
Old 15 Apr 2011, 04:52 (Ref:2863569)   #7
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's the ticket, thanks.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 08:46 (Ref:2863616)   #8
dangaskin
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
dangaskin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know why Vergne is not there this weekend?

From his twitter
Quote:
Strange to watch FR3.5 testing from UK on my laptop...
Old 15 Apr 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2863622)   #9
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangaskin View Post
Anyone know why Vergne is not there this weekend?

From his twitter
JEV's on duty for Red Bull, flying out on Friday evening...

Carlin Press Release:
"Vergne will have his work cut out this weekend though, as he flies into Spain a day late on Friday evening. The 2010 British F3 champion will miss collective testing as he helps the Red Bull F1 team with preparations for the Chinese Grand Prix on the team’s simulator in the UK. The Red Bull Junior will consequently head straight into qualifying on Saturday morning.

Despite missing the first day of track action, Vergne is still confident he can make a good start to the season. “To be honest it’s not ideal to miss testing on Friday, but we have known that this would be the case for some time so we have been able to plan for it. I missed collective testing in Barcelona last year and went on to get two podiums that weekend, so I know a good result is still very possible this weekend. Our pre-season pace has been very encouraging and I think we have a good package for the season ahead.”
Old 15 Apr 2011, 09:24 (Ref:2863632)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i'm completely biased but for me it's a better entry list than gp2. can't wait till qualifying to see what the actual real life pace is and how close the field is
Yes it definitely is better and arguably the greatest depth we've ever seen in this championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven View Post
JEV's on duty for Red Bull, flying out on Friday evening...

Despite missing the first day of track action, Vergne is still confident he can make a good start to the season.
He'll be fine but why risk the perfect start to his season, totally unecessary.

RBT could've called up another contracted driver to do that surely?
Old 15 Apr 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2863704)   #11
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Me too, I mean talent wise, the GP2 drivers are obviously a lot more experienced. Same with GP3 against GP2...
Old 15 Apr 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2863708)   #12
alias99
Racer

alias99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

RBT could've called up another contracted driver to do that surely?
Who would that be? To my knowledge the most experienced guys they have are Ricciardo and Vergne?
Old 15 Apr 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2863715)   #13
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't have risked a perfect start to the season for JEV either. If it was me, I would have got Neel Jani to do the simulator work, he's got decent experience and still lends a hand to Red Bull. Only two weeks ago he was driving the RB6 in Cape Town! And Jani isn't busy this weekend to my knowledge.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 13:14 (Ref:2863739)   #14
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dr. Marko just wants to annoy them, just before the season starts He loves to put them under pressure.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 13:44 (Ref:2863760)   #15
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosenzweig showing his hand for quali there, just went to the top on a 3 lap stint.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2863862)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
random but interesting: apparently all the races will be shot and produced in hd format this year. being a luddite, i assume we won't be seeing it live in hd because eurosport doesn't do that?
Old 15 Apr 2011, 19:51 (Ref:2863943)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bella I think there is an HD channel, or there was, but I don't subscribe to it through Virgin anyway?

Any qualy or practice times to post up anyone??!!
Old 15 Apr 2011, 20:50 (Ref:2863969)   #18
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
here's the combined classification for the 2 test sessions today; nelson panciatici was fastest in the morning, and cesar ramos went quickest in the afternoon. qualifying is at the usual 9-10am ish local time on saturday and sunday.

http://intranetwsr.alkamelsystems.co...IVE%20TEST.PDF
Old 15 Apr 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2863999)   #19
formula_fan
Racer

formula_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come Hartley was so far down? He must have had problems of some sort surely. Red Bull are messing around too much with their drivers. So much pressure on Vergne and it plays into the hands of all of his rivals. If he wins this weekend it will be a miracle in my opinion.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 22:17 (Ref:2864002)   #20
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_fan View Post
How come Hartley was so far down? He must have had problems of some sort surely.
Or maybe because he hasn't actually done very much in Formula Renault 3.5 and actually isn't that good?!
Old 16 Apr 2011, 08:16 (Ref:2864158)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Or maybe because he hasn't actually done very much in Formula Renault 3.5 and actually isn't that good?!
His previous record suggests otherwise, although he ought to have made a better fist of his 2009 season that's for sure.

Vitaly Petrov didn't do very much in GP2 and looks alright in F1?

Noone considered him that good until now.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 08:19 (Ref:2864159)   #22
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wickens on pole.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 08:22 (Ref:2864160)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Wickens on pole.
Verrrrrrrry interesting.....
Old 16 Apr 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2864174)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
link to qualifying results: http://intranetwsr.alkamelsystems.co...IFYING%201.PDF

bit of a disappointment for vergne, and crikey, move and canamasas in the top 5. good effort from williamson and korjus too.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 10:08 (Ref:2864200)   #25
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
412 if on sky for Eurosport HD if you want to see the race live in HD