Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1270164)   #1
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BBC coup getting Moto GP

For UK fans I’m so pleased the Beeb’s got hold of Moto GP. Probably the most exciting racing currently on the planet and on UK terrestrial … fantastic. But I still think the commentary team on Eurosport are the best bar none.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1270193)   #2
Nigel Wilson
Rookie

England
Washington
Nigel Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd swap one Charlie Cox for two of anyone.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 20:18 (Ref:1270209)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It'll be ncie to see the races live, with proper pre- and post-race coverage, and at a sociable hour - all of which Channel 4 have failed (or not tried) to offer is WSBK. It should be a great season, and I'd say Steve parrish and Carlie Cox is a pretty good team.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1270354)   #4
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I have clarification on the TV coverage. Is it true that BBC have increased coverage of moto GP and channel 4 have the WSBK?
Old 5 Apr 2005, 07:21 (Ref:1270560)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, that is the case.

BBC will show every round of Moto GP, with ten of them being live.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1271127)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ten of ma be live, I reall would not hold them to this, the Beeb are notoriously bad at keeping promises. And I can't really see how dropping WSB and BSB means te public are getting ant#ything better for their money, I think it is plain shoddy how all bike racing apart from GP has been dropped.
BSB is the biggest motorsport in Britain at the moment, way bigger than BTCC. I was at Brands the other week and it was packed, have been to BTC rounds there (shamelssl, sorry!) and the crowd was much smaller and were spending much less time wandering!
As said before the options from other channels are plain and simply offensive to the British public with a world champion and plenty of British interest.
Wy should Sky monopolise so many sports on our screens, they are welcome to speedway but BSB is huge now and deserves national exposure.
Anyway I shall only watch te Beeb during Eurosport advert breaks coz all Cox (former car racer!) and the rest can offer is endlless Rossi plugging. I wanna see how Chaz, Lorenzo etc are getting on too. And Randy is the tops!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1271164)   #7
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I won a 24 hour race at Snettertion with Cox many years ago. Really good guy.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1271211)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Ten of ma be live, I reall would not hold them to this, the Beeb are notoriously bad at keeping promises. And I can't really see how dropping WSB and BSB means te public are getting ant#ything better for their money, I think it is plain shoddy how all bike racing apart from GP has been dropped.
BSB is the biggest motorsport in Britain at the moment, way bigger than BTCC. I was at Brands the other week and it was packed, have been to BTC rounds there (shamelssl, sorry!) and the crowd was much smaller and were spending much less time wandering!
As said before the options from other channels are plain and simply offensive to the British public with a world champion and plenty of British interest.
Wy should Sky monopolise so many sports on our screens, they are welcome to speedway but BSB is huge now and deserves national exposure.
Anyway I shall only watch te Beeb during Eurosport advert breaks coz all Cox (former car racer!) and the rest can offer is endlless Rossi plugging. I wanna see how Chaz, Lorenzo etc are getting on too. And Randy is the tops!
I disagree, Sky sports are one of the main reasons why the BSB is so big at the moment. More and more people are switching onto Sky sports and watching the BSB package at home, as well as the Supersports and R6 cup races and are liking what they are seeing, and as a result go to a actual race, normally their local one. I know thats what happened with me and my family. Lets not knock Sky sports for doing a better job at covering this great series than the BBC ever did.

Sky sports IMO does a fantastic job with their coverage of the BSB series, as well as the Supersports and R6 cup, if the BBC got hold of the rights for the BSB package u can be certain that we would have NO coverage of the Supersports or R6 cup races, and probably woudnt get both BSB races live either, probably just the 1 race live and delayed coverage of the 2nd, at least Sky sports coverage is complete. I know not everyone has Sky sports, but as the saying goes, "u pays ur money u makes ur choice". Some people cant afford Sky sports im aware, and thats a shame, but life isnt always fair. And then theres always Channel 4's coverage...

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 5 Apr 2005 at 19:58.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1271223)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course, way back when, the BBC did offer live coverage of the predecessor to the BSB and some of the support races.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1271544)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do Cox and Parrish go to the actual races, or call them from England. They used to attend the WSB races (actually begs the question, how'd they handle doing both MotoGP and WSB in the last 2 years?)

Most importantly, is Suzi Perry still part of the BBC scene, we haven't seen her on Australian TV screens since Magny Cours 2003
Old 9 Apr 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1273901)   #11
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suzi did the BBC MotoGP preview last weekend so yes she is!
Old 9 Apr 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1273959)   #12
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moto GP Qualifying is being shown on BBCi right now. Not sure if this will be a regular thing though. Anybody know?
Old 10 Apr 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1275125)   #13
Michael RCV
Rookie

England
England
Michael RCV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I haven't got sky, BBC upping there Moto GP coverage is very good for me!
Old 10 Apr 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1275128)   #14
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to like it when it was on C5. Much more rough 'n' ready presentation, and if I remember rightly uninterupted race coverage, the slightly fuzzy picture, 'bloke dragged off the street' presenters and the like made a nice change from the overly glitzy F1 coverage over on ITV.

First year BBC got it, I thought it was awful, but they've done a decent job. Showing the races live now, they've got back to the level of the C5 coverage, but for my money haven't improved on it yet.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1275136)   #15
Michael RCV
Rookie

England
England
Michael RCV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The channel 5 days were good. Was kinda, loads of crap, and then the race.

They had a really crappy studio, just looked like a black room, and they had that rider who gave some feedback but I think he was rubbish at racing himself.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 02:18 (Ref:1275183)   #16
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Smart - He's not too shabby, finished ahead of McWilliams at thruxton on Sunday in BSB & also has had a few of BSB wins in the past..