Old 10 May 2008, 10:29 (Ref:2198125)   #1
benno1976a
Rookie

England
Essex
benno1976a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we race a Comer S60

Hi all,

I have just brought my 9 year old son a kart to give to him on his birthday its a Comer S60 Cadet with a Wright Chassis chassis its about 10 years old, so i'm told!! He has some experience and shows potential, but I have no idea what to do next!! Please Help me

1. Can we race this kart? or do you have a specific type of Kart? if yes how do you go about it, can you join a club and enter races or a tournament?

2. Can you get parts for this Kart, when i look all I can find is W60 parts, are these the same??

3. Do you need some sort of licence to use the kart on a track or just to enter a competion?

Sorry I must sound like a compleat dunce but everyone has to start somewhere!!!!!

Thanks

Ben (Essex)
Old 16 May 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2203754)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You cant race it in MSA meetings, but maybe non-MSA - I know there some tracks over the border in Suffolk and Norfolk. Wright chassis are from up that way, parts should be easy to get hold of. Google for Wright or Simon Wright Racing Designs. Again you would need a licence for MSA stuff but not non-MSA. I doubt your kart is legal for MSA racing so just use it for practice and some non-MSA stuff, and then if you like prepare to burn all your money in MSA cadet racing!

Anymore Q's Ben let us know