Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 31 Oct 2004, 19:52 (Ref:1141537)   #1
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg Moore

Take a moment today and think about Greg. Hard to believe it has been 5 years.

What might have been. We will never know.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 19:59 (Ref:1141545)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Greg Moore

Very sad With out doubt he would have been champion in either Y2K or '01 with Penske.

I just hope there is an after life and he is enjoying himself up there.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1141601)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
One becomes "immortal" when one's name is never forgotten.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 01:11 (Ref:1141726)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rest Well Greg.

As an Greg related aside aside - Thanks to MacDaddy, when ever there is an interview with Micklewright from Forsythe I straight away think
Are you planning to pit again for fuel?
"No, we're planin' on stayin' out." *smile*

Last edited by Hazza; 1 Nov 2004 at 01:14.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 04:46 (Ref:1141779)   #5
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's funny for me with all the changes in the series it's started to seem like that was almost a different time. Watching an old race with Greg the memories come flooding back. I really wanted to see him show everyone what he was made of! Right away he looked incredibly fast and I found it frustrating that the luck didn't seem to go his way for so long. Those first two wins were so dramatic. Mercedes' poor engines took him out of the running in '99 and we couldn't see how he'd have fared one he had experience against a very tight field.

Last edited by Snrub; 1 Nov 2004 at 04:48.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1141990)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't help but think he would have won Penske's 100th right in his first outing at Homestead, as he dominated the place. 6th, 4th, 2nd and 1st, with two poles. He also always was contending for the 500-milers, but he usually had mechanical trouble.
Long live Greg Moore, the man who made me a fan of this championship.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1142056)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
he certainly was something speacial wasnt he.

i was amazed by his raw speed straight out of the box , I hadnt seen of his junior racing so to me he was an amazing revelation.

one who will be sadly missed.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 18:33 (Ref:1142238)   #8
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I attended the Rolex Sports Car race yesterday at California Speedway. We were sitting in the infield stands adjacent to turn 2. I was talking to my buddy to my right when I looked up and saw "2" painted on the oval wall. I had to take a second and bring up Greg Moore in conversation. It was depressing to know I was sitting very close to where Greg lost his life. Very sad.
Old 1 Nov 2004, 18:53 (Ref:1142249)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Hazza was referring to Greg's first victory, Milwaukee 1997, in which he drove 92 miles to the checkered flag. That was awesome.

I think I have a friend, whose friend knows some guy who thinks he may or may not know where that video can be downloaded from, Hazza.

Last edited by macdaddy; 1 Nov 2004 at 18:56.
Old 2 Nov 2004, 18:21 (Ref:1143060)   #10
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I too was at California Speedway this past weekend (flagger at turn 3, where they exit the banking). 3 has a lead station on the oval at the exit of 2, in the camera cage.

Sunday morning at 3-lead I said a small prayer for Greg while looking uptrack at T2, where I worked in 1999. I think he would have enjoyed seeing Pruett and Papis win the prototypes (two others from "that different time" as Snrub says).

keke
Old 2 Nov 2004, 18:52 (Ref:1143104)   #11
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i believe they flattened out that area where moore bumped up and hit the wall right?
it looks flatter now..and no more grass

R.I.P Mr. Moore
Old 2 Nov 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1143135)   #12
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know where I can get the video: A racers Story? I've had a look on his website but it doesn't look like it's been updated for the past year or two.

A great driver taken way too soon from us...
Old 2 Nov 2004, 22:38 (Ref:1143392)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Forsythe still have a website? They used to have it there...
Old 2 Nov 2004, 23:05 (Ref:1143417)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Five years. Terrible day. RIP
Old 2 Nov 2004, 23:12 (Ref:1143420)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He was one of the few heroes I've had in recent times. I used to work with Neil Mickelwright's mother, and at the start of that season she brought him to see me and he gave me a team shirt and a signed photo of Greg. I can't wear the shirt without giving a little thought to that terrible moment. The photo's probably worth money, but I wouldn't part with it.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 18:39 (Ref:1144079)   #16
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
I parted with an autographed 8x10 just weeks before the tragedy.
Who was to know?