Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 22 May 2018, 08:17 (Ref:3823911)   #1151
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
In a few hours I shall be venturing of on Delta Motor Sports ambitious trip to date . I leave with big truck and head of to Zolder.,I am leaving race mechanic there to look after and run two FJ cars . Alan Morgan will collects me Wednesday morning and we both go off down to Charade . I will race the Penfold at Charade which I am looking forward to very much . We also have the small truck and another van and trailer going down to Charade as well. Alan then takes me back to Zolder on Monday and I then head of to Lithuania Latvia and then Sweden on the way back .,What could possible go wrong . ��
Iain,

I don´t see your name in the entry list for the Karlskoga race. Are you just bringing cars and not driving yourself? By the way, I have withdrawn from the race in Lituania since the engine failed when running on a rolling road yesterday.
Old 22 May 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3823912)   #1152
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Quote:
I was thinking of visiting and maybe getting a chance to do a few laps at Anderstorp . Anyone got any contacts .
Try sending an e-mail to this guy: Anderz@srwanderstorp.se
Old 22 May 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3823931)   #1153
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a good trip Iain.
I looked for you at Cadwell, Angela was very upset when we did't find you or Alan.
Now I have to eat all this cake

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 22 May 2018, 13:46 (Ref:3823960)   #1154
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
Have a good trip Iain.
I looked for you at Cadwell, Angela was very upset when we did't find you or Alan.
Now I have to eat all this cake

Ah, Alan was roaming quite a lot as people were spread out in areas not indicated by the official Paddock Plan.

Iain had an interesting Saturday that resulted in nothing left to run on Sunday and work to do before departure today so he had to give up the joy of a fabulous Cadwell evening.

It's tough living the jet set life ...
Old 22 May 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3823961)   #1155
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Veggie

Thanks guys . Yes how did you guess stuck in freight Que at Dover . I know I will tell them I am mikes mate . That will work . Don’t know about Karscoga . Will see how things pan out . I’m on my own looking after four cars plus everyone else .. Thought that track was bit Micky mouse . I’m adding to my circuit tally total . Me and Bob Birrel are racing to see who can reach 100 different tracks . I’ve not counted for a while but I recon by the tine I get back from NZ next year I won’t be far off . They are changing the layout at Copenhagen this year so I might count that as a new track . Still not moved all the tine I’ve been typing this post .
Old 22 May 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3823962)   #1156
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Don’t know why there is a carrot on top of page .
Old 22 May 2018, 16:15 (Ref:3823981)   #1157
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Quote:
They are changing the layout at Copenhagen this year so I might count that as a new track . .
Copenhagen had planned to change (extend) the track, but I don´t think that will be implemented this year.
Old 22 May 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3823999)   #1158
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Don’t know why there is a carrot on top of page .
Fresh news may be … easier to keep in good shape when travelling rather than a Dover sole!
Old 22 May 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3824030)   #1159
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Well just on ferry just last truck on . Fish and chips then flat out to Zolder .
Old 22 May 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3824036)   #1160
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Chef

Another happy bunny then! Dont forget your carrot Iain, you never know what are the cook needs…
Old 22 May 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3824073)   #1161
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well just on ferry just last truck on . Fish and chips then flat out to Zolder .
Ah, fish n' chips on a ferry! Always good for some reason. Hope you enjoyed them.
Old 22 May 2018, 20:38 (Ref:3824079)   #1162
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Ah, fish n' chips on a ferry! Always good for some reason. Hope you enjoyed them.
Funny Iain mentioned them. On Monday I was on the 1000 ferry from Dunkirk, and presumably as it was mid morning, as well as the ‘full English’, they had fish ‘n chips available in the truckers restaurant. I didn’t really want either, so asked for chips with an egg. Nope, not allowed...... Has to be full English or fish ‘n chips.
Old 22 May 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3824085)   #1163
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Funny Iain mentioned them. On Monday I was on the 1000 ferry from Dunkirk, and presumably as it was mid morning, as well as the ‘full English’, they had fish ‘n chips available in the truckers restaurant. I didn’t really want either, so asked for chips with an egg. Nope, not allowed...... Has to be full English or fish ‘n chips.
I was looking forward to just such a treat this weekend but plans to go to Brands seem to be falling apart...
Old 23 May 2018, 05:47 (Ref:3824124)   #1164
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
So far so good Rendezvous with Alan at Zolder and he is now making us breakfast . A nice omelette Mike . Damp and overcast here . Think track day today. Just going to unload all stuff I need for Charade and then set off . BTW I’ve got man flu
Old 23 May 2018, 06:07 (Ref:3824125)   #1165
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
So far so good Rendezvous with Alan at Zolder and he is now making us breakfast . A nice omelette Mike . Damp and overcast here . Think track day today. Just going to unload all stuff I need for Charade and then set off . BTW I’ve got man flu
Did you chuck the carrot into the omelette?
Old 23 May 2018, 06:42 (Ref:3824131)   #1166
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Poultry

Quote:
Did you chuck the carrot into the omelette?
Comme un chef !
Old 23 May 2018, 06:45 (Ref:3824132)   #1167
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Comme un chef !
Did you get flooded yesterday, Gerard?

I could see the very dark sky to the south of me & hear thunder but the storms didn't reach this far. Similar weather to Zolder this morning.
Old 23 May 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3824140)   #1168
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Did you get flooded yesterday, Gerard
What do you think, John!!! Our two Yorkies were frighten and we couldn't feel that comfortable either. Stronger than any human…
Yes we sent the storm north… After Iain carrot's and half a potato they have enough to start a good "pot au feu" at Zolder!
Old 23 May 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3824141)   #1169
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
What do you think, John!!! Our two Yorkies were frighten and we couldn't feel that comfortable either. Stronger than any human…
Yes we sent the storm north… After Iain carrot's and half a potato they have enough to start a good "pot au feu" at Zolder!
Sorry to hear that, hope you've dried out! Did any demonstrators get drowned??
Old 23 May 2018, 08:27 (Ref:3824142)   #1170
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Did any demonstrators get drowned??
Nope… But they all got "droned", our police is rather up to date in this respect!!
Old 23 May 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3824143)   #1171
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Nope… But they all got "droned", our police is rather up to date in this respect!!
Things have moved on since May 1968, then - well, at least in some ways!!
Old 23 May 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3824146)   #1172
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I was not grown up enough in '68 but remember well we had to fight to find fuel. A good relationship with a doctor, for instance, was necessary to keep our bikes riding! The actuel government is learning on the hard way though…
Old 23 May 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3824150)   #1173
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I was not grown up enough in '68 but remember well we had to fight to find fuel. A good relationship with a doctor, for instance, was necessary to keep our bikes riding! The actuel government is learning on the hard way though…
I still have some Petrol Coupons, John, from the last big scare, I think I should hang on to them.
Old 23 May 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3824151)   #1174
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
We have a charming English member in our french club. During last meeting he had some fuel supply issues with his Crayford Cortina. One could hear a harsh noise when shaking his fuel tank. Probably this gentleman is an ex-RAF pilot because he said he always put a lead bar into the tank as he did with his Spitfire! Not a Triumph, a real one!
Old 23 May 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3824154)   #1175
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I still have some Petrol Coupons, John, from the last big scare, I think I should hang on to them.
If all else fails,you could always fall back (not fall off) on your trusty push-bike Bob!

The rate fuel prices are going up here we''ll soon all be doing that.
Closed Thread