Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 18 Feb 2011, 19:36 (Ref:2833450)   #51
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SMS always nail the engine sounds and it adds so much to the immersion factor.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2834189)   #52
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Put back to 1st April according to Game.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2834520)   #53
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, why do racing games always get put back?

here's hoping it's not like another infamous racing game, orwe will be waiting until 2013!!
Old 21 Feb 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2834728)   #54
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently the handling has been much improved! It still feels like Shift, but the annoying slideyness of the cars is gone, and some other small tweaks have been made.

Fantastic! Shift 1 had potential, looks like Shift 2 will show just how capable that physics model was.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 18:46 (Ref:2835797)   #55
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How realism works with Shift 2.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2835852)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rod Chong. That hat. Those glasses.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2835860)   #57
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grrr....

But yeah, the way that Nissan moved through Eau Rouge has sold it for me, looks believable, which is all I want from a console racer, believable handling.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 06:24 (Ref:2835990)   #58
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I hope there's a non-helmet cam cockpit camera...
Old 24 Feb 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2836241)   #59
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is looking more promising................
Old 25 Feb 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2836498)   #60
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone see the latest vid of it?? Looks amazing, hope it's better than the dissapointing 1st Shift! Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=929UZ6Nq-hk
Old 25 Feb 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2836660)   #61
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
Anyone see the latest vid of it?? Looks amazing, hope it's better than the dissapointing 1st Shift! Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=929UZ6Nq-hk
Look at post 55 buddy
Old 25 Feb 2011, 16:37 (Ref:2836802)   #62
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
worst series ever, last good game was Most wanted, then the series started to collapse.

as for shift, i remember the original had terrible driving mechanics and the crashes has a weird blur that messed up my eyes.

For REAL racing sims, try Race Pro, GT5, FM3, rFactor, iRacing and Race On
Old 25 Feb 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2836952)   #63
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SMS are the people behind GTR2 and GTL so can match anyone in the sim dpt., much depends on how much freedom EA give them.
Old 26 Feb 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2837143)   #64
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shift 2 looks pretty excellent. I enjoyed the original shift, it was exhilarating when it worked properly but the handling was just too hit and miss to be great. Can't wait to get hands on with this one!
Old 26 Feb 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2837158)   #65
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully the balance is right between sim and accessibility.

I tend to dip in and out of games so hardcore realism is about as desirable as syphilis, but it does need to be believable.
Old 26 Feb 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2837305)   #66
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
http://www.virtualr.net/need-for-spe...meplay-videos/

Gameplay! Driver assists and bad driving are enabled in both.

And ''elite'' mode is not on.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2838573)   #67
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
http://www.virtualr.net/need-for-spe...meplay-videos/

Gameplay! Driver assists and bad driving are enabled in both.

And ''elite'' mode is not on.
Hmmm looks and sounds really good
Old 2 Mar 2011, 06:56 (Ref:2838885)   #68
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Its got Bathurst and Spa plus FIA GT1+GT3. Im sold.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 12:20 (Ref:2839025)   #69
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Achievement/trophy list is out. Achievement whores will be crying into their pillows.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2839287)   #70
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Achievement/trophy list is out. Achievement whores will be crying into their pillows.
Post 'em up mate
Old 3 Mar 2011, 10:29 (Ref:2839547)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
Old 3 Mar 2011, 11:13 (Ref:2839572)   #72
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Thx buddy, they seem ok to me, some very generous 100G & 50G ones on there.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 18:59 (Ref:2840726)   #73
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2 View Post
worst series ever, last good game was Most wanted, then the series started to collapse.

as for shift, i remember the original had terrible driving mechanics and the crashes has a weird blur that messed up my eyes.

For REAL racing sims, try Race Pro, GT5, FM3, rFactor, iRacing and Race On
Most Wanted was a street racing game made by a completely different developer.

Shift was fine, the blur when crashing was supposed to replicate the effect of crashing in real life. I tweaked the driving aids and handling model to find the setting I liked.

In Shift 2 the developers have been given more freedom to go down a sim-style path because NFS Hot Pursuit is catering to the arcade market.

At the end of the day we are sat in front of a 2D screen with no seat feedback. Unless you have a full motion simulator to replicate G force none of those games you have listed are 'sims'.

If you aren't going to give Shift 2 a chance then don't post on this thread.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 5 Mar 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2840772)   #74
Morgoth
Rookie

United States
Morgoth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked how it worked when you crashed, but the blur when you were driving fast I found really irritating and unhelpful.

My main problem with Shift(other than the wierd full momentum stop when shifting a standard gearshift) was that the force feedback(in the demo) seemed to be all wacky, like it was always trying to pull me off-center. It wasn't backwards when feeling the road through the corners, it just seemed like it was always pulling in the wrong direction when going straight. So I never bothered to buy the game.

If Shift 2 does EA's Online Pass thing I won't be able to play it online either. Otherwise I'd be interested, at least in seeing if the feel and blur were better.
Old 15 Mar 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2846445)   #75
JAG
Veteran

England
Pre-ordered this yesterday, even if the physics are 75% what GT5's are the car/track list, sounds and tuning options will make it a worthwhile purchase.