Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Feb 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3711210)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I currently get paid in Euros thus it makes little difference.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3711231)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The euro exchange rate is slightly in favour of direct today, but of course could be the other way tomorrow!

If you get charged by your bank for sending money in euros, or have to pay a 'foreign transaction' surcharge on your credit card, then CSCC sounds more like a good idea... BUT- do you have to be a member of the CSCC and do the suggested other 2 races with them..... ?
Those on a tight budget (or just tight!) can buy Euros with someone like currencyfair.com at better rates than the banks, and send it for a €3 transaction fee.
At a minimum you'd need to be a CSCC member and also pay the fee to register the car with the relevant series. AIUI the main reason for the 2 races beforehand is so CSCC can observe the driving standards, as much to their credit these are enforced fairly strongly.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3711238)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I currently get paid in Euros thus it makes little difference.
Stop showing off, Peter!
Old 9 Feb 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3711241)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol. Yes I thought that after posting.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3711251)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Lol. Yes I thought that after posting.
It will all change after we've left- you'll be begging to be paid in sterling again......
Old 9 Feb 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3711253)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Is Brit humor be recognized by UNESCO as a jewel of world heritage yet? If not, it should. Right now.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3711275)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Lol. Others who are more clever than I will tell you about hedging. 😉
Old 10 Feb 2017, 07:48 (Ref:3711355)   #33
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A dying art I'm afraid. Round here farmers just drive along the road with their disc cutters and rip the hedges to pieces. There's nothing like a nicely lain hedge.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 10 Feb 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3711388)   #34
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It will all change after we've left- you'll be begging to be paid in sterling again......
Well either that or DMarks if they have been re-introduced in the meantime.

Of course that assumes anything significant happens before Peter retires and receives pension payments in peanuts.

Old 10 Feb 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3711391)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
A dying art I'm afraid. Round here farmers just drive along the road with their disc cutters and rip the hedges to pieces. There's nothing like a nicely lain hedge.
Does Iain know about this hedge thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Well either that or DMarks if they have been re-introduced in the meantime.

Of course that assumes anything significant happens before Peter retires and receives pension payments in peanuts.
I suspect Lira before the D Mark.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3711400)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So much for Max's tappytalk.....
Old 10 Feb 2017, 15:00 (Ref:3711405)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
WTF are you lot on about. Get on and do some work. Anyway looks like there is not a race for us to enter the Sports 2000 in.Bother.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 16:01 (Ref:3711411)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
WTF are you lot on about. Get on and do some work. Anyway looks like there is not a race for us to enter the Sports 2000 in.Bother.
Is that because its been confirmed by Vincent that the proposed S2000 race isn't happening, or that it just isn't confirmed.....
Old 10 Feb 2017, 16:42 (Ref:3711420)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Is that because its been confirmed by Vincent that the proposed S2000 race isn't happening, or that it just isn't confirmed.....
Don't know Mike.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3711423)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Don't know Mike.
Ah, so no race confirmed, then. There is still one listed on the website, "Sports 2000 and Sports Cup", so all is not lost yet........
Old 10 Feb 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3711462)   #41
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I suspect Lira before the D Mark.
Possibly, but would you want to be paid in Lira .... any sort of Lira .... by choice?
Old 11 Feb 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3711494)   #42
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So much for Max's tappytalk.....
Honestly guys, get a grip, that's a lower case L not an upper case I!

Anyone would think this forum was home to deliberate misunderstandings for comic effect

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3711510)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Anyone would think this forum was home to deliberate misunderstandings for comic effect
I thought Peter meant hedging transaction … I'll go for aging!
As to the thread, I had a look to what kind of racing fun I can have here with 750 something ($, £ or €). Slightly disappointed then. Not mentioning your race duration which is 3 hours at Francorchamps not 25 minutes to use a rather less entertaining track.
Old 25 Feb 2017, 18:37 (Ref:3714710)   #44
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, I wonder what classes "Spa Formula Summer" will involve?
Old 25 Feb 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3714713)   #45
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Hmm, I wonder what classes "Spa Formula Summer" will involve?
Yes, I'm wondering if it got lost in translation......
Old 26 Feb 2017, 09:51 (Ref:3714789)   #46
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Monoposto Club have chosen not to go to the 2017 meeting, so Spa Formula Summer will be made up of Austrian F3, a non-championship entry from MSV F3 Cup, Monoposto 2 litre cars plus maybe some Formula Renaults, cars from Italian F2 etc.,

Last edited by andrewc; 26 Feb 2017 at 10:14.
Old 11 May 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3732781)   #47
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There's a lot of events to happen before this, but latest info from the organisers-

http://spasummerclassic.com/en/logbook.html

Old 13 May 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3733258)   #48
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a truck going and space for 2 cars if anyone is interested in getting their car taken out there, max height of cars can be 1200mm. Truck will be leaving Oxfordshire (15min from deltas workshop) early Wednesday morning

Drop me an email if interested peter(at)spy-motorsport.co.uk
Old 13 May 2017, 19:56 (Ref:3733276)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Channel crossings booked.
Old 14 May 2017, 05:26 (Ref:3733326)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well, I am travelling to the event with one space available, but as we're leaving Monday afternoon / evening to be there for wednesday morning probably a bit early for most people!