Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How will Villeneuve end his F1 career?
Great performance 15 31.25%
Big crash 3 6.25%
Pathetic wimper 30 62.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11 Dec 2002, 19:57 (Ref:447824)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How will Jacques Villeneuve end his F1 career?

I presume next year will be his last F1 season. But how do you think he will end it? I know Villeneuve does not want to end his career with a wimper, and I really hope he doesn't too.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 20:06 (Ref:447828)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a big presumption.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 20:40 (Ref:447847)   #3
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
That's a big presumption.
I totally agree with you Adam, I think the canadian fellow will remain in F1 for quite long time, so I think none of the poll options fit what I expect from Villeneuve.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 21:15 (Ref:447872)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do you think next year will be his last season?

I hope he will go out on a high - potentially, he has title(s) left in him, and I would love to see him in one of the big teams again, at the front, where he belongs, winning races. The dream scenario is for him to partner - and beat - TGF at Ferrari. I voted for the "Great performance" option. I find the "Big crash" option rather distasteful.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 21:28 (Ref:447882)   #5
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Why do you think next year will be his last season?

I hope he will go out on a high - potentially, he has title(s) left in him, and I would love to see him in one of the big teams again, at the front, where he belongs, winning races. The dream scenario is for him to partner - and beat - TGF at Ferrari. I voted for the "Great performance" option. I find the "Big crash" option rather distasteful.

Well, I'm not so sure that BAR will renew his contract next year. Of course, if he does beat Button convincingly, then this whole thread would become irrelevant.

But in this thread here:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...Jacques+should
many assume that Jacques will be out in the cold after his BAR contract expires. Of course, both these threads are pure speculation, something for the off season.

And in the big crash option, I am refering to a McNish type of accident that doesn't injure him of course. I don't want anything like that will happen to him.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 21:50 (Ref:447897)   #6
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 22:02 (Ref:447916)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Pathetic whimper.... that's what his last few years have been. Anyways, he's shown quite clearly that he is more interested in the $$ and the babes than anything on the racetrack...
Old 11 Dec 2002, 22:13 (Ref:447929)   #8
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whatever Montoya you're crazy thinking Villeneuve will be out of F1 after next season. He is the biggest name in F1 besides you know who and just as good as him in my books...even Bernie wants to see JV and TGF in the Ferrari's...and we know he runs the show don't we?....he obviously can't force Ferrari to do that but can for sure encourage a lot of teams to take notice in Villeneuve and make sure he stays in F1.....there are plenty of options for JV in 2004...Richards is obviously a complete moron but if JV has a good year next year... Coultard/Ralf/Montoya/or Barrichello's seats could all be up for grabs if they have poor seasons next year.
Villeneuve is not finished!!!!!!!!!
You'll be eating your words Montoya when he takes your seat at Williams!
Old 11 Dec 2002, 22:15 (Ref:447931)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by R
I find the "Big crash" option rather distasteful.
I personally think it will be his last season in F1, for me, the only big team places for him will be at Renault, in place of Jarno or Williams in place of Rafe, but that will only be if he totally ups his game this year and trounces Jenson, oh, and reviews his wage demands. In view of this, i've gone for the "pathetic wimper" option, the reason for this is, he'll try so hard in Suzuka during his one lap qualifying run that he'll have the "big crash" (unharmed of course) and have to start from the back of the pack, might make it upto about 14th and that will be his lot, goodbye F1, hello Le Mans 24 hours.

Last edited by Mr V; 11 Dec 2002 at 22:16.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 22:21 (Ref:447933)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Funniest thing i've read in ages, cheers Teddy.

Old 11 Dec 2002, 22:26 (Ref:447936)   #11
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am cautiously optimistic that this won't be his last season, we all know he should be driving one of the big 3.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 23:29 (Ref:447973)   #12
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ain't voting in the poll. 2003 will not be Jacques' last year.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 00:43 (Ref:447989)   #13
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the rate things are going ill bet on pathetic whimper. But since everything said is reverse in F1 that means he'll go on to win 2 more championships.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 01:39 (Ref:447995)   #14
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We seem to blame JV for his poor placings but its the cars fault not his. If the BAR is good he should show what he is known for; spectacular driving. I hope BAR keeps him. Now he will have to take a pay cut but it might be worth it. I am very confident (ok more like hopeful) in BAR and Honda. JV should be more than capable of delivering great performances as long as the car is good.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 06:12 (Ref:448041)   #15
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope JV can end his career with some great performances, as I just don't believe he'll be in F1 after next year unless he pulls out some major results and drops his price tag a few million.

Sadly, unless the new car is good and JV stays motivated, I see it all ending in a whimper...
Old 12 Dec 2002, 07:30 (Ref:448065)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG

.........with lashings of pasta and chianti at Maranello, I suppose
Old 12 Dec 2002, 13:48 (Ref:448326)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
LOL
Old 12 Dec 2002, 14:00 (Ref:448341)   #18
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could see him returning to Williams for a final couple of years. They're the only one of the big 3 who would put up with his lack of a "corporate face". Plus he's a racer and they love racers at Williams.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 05:44 (Ref:448847)   #19
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If JV get's lucky he might get to take over for Ralf or DC. If that doesn't happen I think it'll be his last season in F1.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 06:16 (Ref:448858)   #20
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think that, sadly for a man of his potential, his F1 career already ended....only he doesn't know it.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 03:07 (Ref:449561)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RT, I echo your sentiments. The Big Three teams can get much faster drivers who are younger and more photogenic, amenable to wooing High Rollers, and working with teammates instead of wasting everybody's time in mind games... AND who will work for 1/3 his salary.

His current boss makes no secret of his disdain for Jacques; nobody can possibly believe he'd ever be hired by Ferrari (or want to be -- to be hounded by the Italian press for not being Gilles, their god); and since he refuses to shave, wear adult clothing or do PR, much less read Ronspeak off the index cards, McLaren is a non starter too.

Jacques' career peaked in 1997. Sadly for him, he's going to have to be dragged off the F1 stage with a hook and a rope.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 04:50 (Ref:449599)   #22
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Villeneuve's fate?

It all depends on how good his car is.

If he has a good car beneath him,he will easily show us his talent.In my eyes he is a better driver than he was in 1997,and with the current crop of drivers being as they are I can see him succeeding for another five years...if he has the right equipment.I say give him a car that is within half a second of Michael and he will do the rest.

Tye
Old 14 Dec 2002, 10:03 (Ref:449692)   #23
MiniMe
Racer

MiniMe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time and time again we've seen JV getting desperate near the finish of a race and make some silly and dangerous overtaking maneourves, trying to outbrake up the inside of a corner - usually taking himself & the other guy off in the process. I've lost all respect for JV after seeing him do this.

I know JV was cleared in the Australian crash which claimed the life of the marshall last year - but watching the replay leaves little doubt as to who was at fault there.

JV didn't win his WDC in 1997 so much as Williams won it and Schumacher lost it.

If JV was as good as he thinks he is, he would have had more input into getting BAR competitive. He has to take some of the blame there - top drivers these days are engineers who are supposed to relay their advice to the rest of the team, and that just didn't happen with JV and BAR. Usually we saw JV storming off in a huff after the end of each race.

And he dumped Danii Minogue!
Old 14 Dec 2002, 11:42 (Ref:449734)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe
Time and time again we've seen JV getting desperate near the finish of a race and make some silly and dangerous overtaking maneourves, trying to outbrake up the inside of a corner - usually taking himself & the other guy off in the process. I've lost all respect for JV after seeing him do this.
I don't remember this! Certainly not time and time again. What races did this happen at?
And, of course, if he was in a non-points scoring position then there is nothing to lose!
Quote:
I know JV was cleared in the Australian crash which claimed the life of the marshall last year - but watching the replay leaves little doubt as to who was at fault there.
Hmmmmm. This is bordering on being inappropriate. Watching it leaves me in little doubt that it is a racing accident on the first lap of a GP.
Quote:
JV didn't win his WDC in 1997 so much as Williams won it and Schumacher lost it.
Fair enough, but most years you can say something similar!
Quote:
He has to take some of the blame there
This is true, but maybe the word "some" should be emphasised a bit more.
Quote:
Usually we saw JV storming off in a huff after the end of each race.
Is this true? He doesn't talk much to the press (fair enough!!!). However I do concede that he could perhaps do more testing.
Quote:
And he dumped Danii Minogue!
Is Danni a great race engineer? Oh and she's not Kylie! And have you seen his new girlfriend!
Old 14 Dec 2002, 12:47 (Ref:449771)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe

Minime, i think that this is totally unfair, the wheel went through a gap that was barely big enough for the wheel to actually go through, the odds of it actually fitting through must have been very high (maybe, as resident betting expert, Glen could give us some odds? ), Although tragic, it was no more than a racing accident. By your powers of reasoning here, who would you say was to blame at Monza? The answer, nobody, another racing accident.

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

Oh and she's not Kylie!
Danni's nicer than Kylie