Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2004, 17:04 (Ref:984112)   #1
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Important Announcement! Exclusive To 10/tenths! American Talent Seeks Williams Seat!

I was hoping to keep this a secret, but with the recent allegations about Mika Hakkinen and Jacques Villeneuve coming to light, and all the speculation involving just about every racing driver on the planet, there is no advantage of keeping a low profile. I, Fish_Flake, am putting my hat in the ring to earn a seat in the Williams for the 2005 Formula 1 championship. It appears to be a cut-throat battle for those two rides, and I'm looking to be right into the middle of it.

I know what you're thinking. You have no experience or financial backing; why would Williams select you to drive one of their cars? To answer that question, I mention one word: upside. I am an absolute novice in racing: my mind isn't corrupted with my own opinions of how racing should be. I'm a clean slate, and the BMW-Williams F1 team can mold me into whatever they want me to be. I'm 18, 5'10", 175 pounds, and willing to work with the world's greatest physical trainers to transform into the leanest, hungriest young talent in F1 today.

What does experience bring, anyway? A race car driver these days is like a collectible Star Wars figurine: once it's out of its original packaging, it has no value anymore. Who needs Hakkinen or Villeneuve? They're ancient! There's no use for a former World Champion; you might as well pump them all with formaldehyde and prop them up in a museum exhibit. Scott Dixon? Considering how many laps are in an IRL event, he can't have too many fast ones left in him. Mark Webber? This guy's too nice to be a winner. Nick Heidfeld? No F3000 champion has ever translated that into an F1 title; why expect that to change? Clearly, I am the best option available. Even better, I demand nothing for my services. If you don't want to pay me anything, that's fine with me. The ball's in your table now, Williams: how do you wish to play it?

Last edited by Fish_Flake; 26 May 2004 at 17:05.
Old 26 May 2004, 17:11 (Ref:984123)   #2
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd give him the job!
Old 26 May 2004, 17:11 (Ref:984125)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The most credible rumour so far!
Old 26 May 2004, 17:18 (Ref:984132)   #4
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Genius, matey, pure genius
Old 26 May 2004, 17:27 (Ref:984147)   #5
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When I woke up this morning to a Hakkinen rumor mill, I thought to myself, this whole Williams thing is getting ridiculous. I need to do something to point out the completely ludicrous speculation that has been spreading around in racing circles over the past several weeks.
Old 26 May 2004, 17:34 (Ref:984153)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must admit the Williams thing is getting on my nerves now. I found it amusing for a while, but now it's getting tedious. And I mean REALLY tedious.

Why can't they all be merged or something anyways?

Only a matter of time until another Villeneuve thread opens. Oh no, it's Hakkinen now. Silly me.

Only 5 more months of this.........
Old 26 May 2004, 17:39 (Ref:984157)   #7
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck fish! I'm applying to the job too!
with my 5'2" 120pounds, they can adjust the ballast
more efficiently so we get a better car balance!
Old 26 May 2004, 17:39 (Ref:984158)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've heard Alan Jones is on the list......and where is Keke's number.....
Old 26 May 2004, 17:40 (Ref:984161)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, ladies and gents...

******* FISH_FLAKE : WILLIAMS DRIVER 2005 !!!! *******

You heard here first !

And better : We're going to have exclusive insights from our new star, ONLY here at Ten-Tenths !!!!
Old 26 May 2004, 17:54 (Ref:984174)   #10
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Now, now. Formal procedures must be followed. I will be calling a press conference at 3:15 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (that's 9:15 Greenwich Mean Time). Members of the press will be allowed to present any and all questions regarding my decision.
Old 26 May 2004, 18:36 (Ref:984240)   #11
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey Hey, am i late.... i want to sign in...

Oh well i guess im late... Fish can offer more NOTHING than i ever could... right choice Patrick...
Old 26 May 2004, 19:27 (Ref:984272)   #12
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is now a rumor saying that Fish_Flake has been seen at the Williams factory. A test drive is to be done in Monza the week after the Canadian Grand Prix.
Old 26 May 2004, 19:45 (Ref:984295)   #13
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
OK, sorry to keep you waiting, but allow me to give an update on the situation and straighten out the media's rumors that have begun to circulate.
Tomorrow, I will spend the day at the Six Flags Over Georgia theme park, using the roller coasters and other thrill rides to train myself for the G-forces that the car will generate. Then, when the Formula 1 circus travels to this side of the pond after the Nurburgring, Williams will ship one FW26 and a small group of team engineers to Road Atlanta to meet me for a test. I guarantee that I will set the lap record for F1 cars at the circuit during the test. After that, the team will decide whether or not to invite me back to Europe upon the conclusion of the United States GP. Any questions?

Last edited by Fish_Flake; 26 May 2004 at 19:48.
Old 26 May 2004, 20:13 (Ref:984334)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Fish_Flake
.....Road Atlanta to meet me for a test. I guarantee that I will set the lap record for F1 cars at the circuit during the test.
Yes. I wonder why?
Old 27 May 2004, 02:14 (Ref:984612)   #15
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Old 27 May 2004, 06:16 (Ref:984709)   #16
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fish,

Can I be your number 2 driver?
Old 27 May 2004, 06:38 (Ref:984719)   #17
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you sure the seat will fit you? Is Trust your sponsor?
Old 27 May 2004, 07:07 (Ref:984731)   #18
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just keep of the pit babes. they're mine.
Old 27 May 2004, 09:37 (Ref:984872)   #19
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fish, ya need a manager?
Old 28 May 2004, 11:20 (Ref:986104)   #20
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like you've been playing a bit too much F1 Career Challenge eh Fish?