Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Apr 2007, 19:44 (Ref:1897904)   #1
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Swinging sixties??

Wow just been looking on the MST site at grids, Has anyone noticed the CSCC swinging sixties turnout at Snetterton, 36 cars !!! Very impressed!!
Old 22 Apr 2007, 19:56 (Ref:1897923)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Yep it's impressive, the CSCC seem to have hit on the right formula for full grids with this series and also the Tin Tops.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1898337)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
looked like a great turnout
Old 23 Apr 2007, 13:53 (Ref:1898590)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellent weekends racing. I thoroughly enjoyed my battles in the Tin Tops race (27 car grid). Fantastic fun. From a spectators point of view the XJS' and the Porsches were great value too. My parents went to see me race - their first ever race meeting. My mother could not stop jabbering on about it and my Dad went back for more on Sunday, even though I wasn't racing!
Old 23 Apr 2007, 14:08 (Ref:1898604)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
We're supposed to be doing some of the Tin Tops this year (as soon as the car is working properly) but I'd really love to have a go in the Swinging Sixties but they don't take replicas
Old 23 Apr 2007, 16:47 (Ref:1898716)   #6
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well this was my first ever race so my goal was just to finish...............which we did Had a slight water temp problem caused mainly by running the wrong diff methinks so had to back off the revs on the straight but otherwise a great race. Very clean yet had a couple of great dices, first time out on CR65's ............don't think the grin has gone yet
Old 23 Apr 2007, 16:57 (Ref:1898722)   #7
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done moose, The first time is a amazing experence!!! I still havent managed to finish a race yet!!

What car are you driving?
Old 23 Apr 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1898750)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
well DOne Moose . . .mine was Donnington, and the same, overheating so backing off, but its a great experience, bet you can't waiti to get out again

Don't change your diff just yet, Snett is fast, there aren't many circuits as square, straight, and fast
Old 23 Apr 2007, 17:49 (Ref:1898754)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
The next one's at Brands I think so zef is right leave the diff as it is.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 19:09 (Ref:1898806)   #10
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was a great race to take part in - well over 30 cars out in all shapes and sizes and hence nearly everyone had someone to race - plus no big name drivers and no huge transporters.
We were out in our newly acquired Marcos but our driver change was more comedy value than a slick change, plus my co-driver is far too slim, young and quick....
Old 23 Apr 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1898850)   #11
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like to thank all the Swinging Sixties drivers / teams and their co-ordinator Richard for all their assistance and indeed patience in the morning with getting such a large field of cars to the noise check and assembly areas prior to their practice and so quickly when requested in the afternoon, during what was a very busy day. You all contributed to minimizing any delays to the programme which was greatly appreciated by all of us upstairs.

Certainly a great weekends racing - we look forward to seeing you back at Snett soon.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1898900)   #12
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daj: a Mustang but a clubbie version not a 'Top Hat' top dollar front runner.

Falcemob: Gotta miss Brands so Ty-Croes will be next

Zef: maybe, but I was reaching max revs after only about 1/3 of the main straight

Kickstart: yeah, my pitstop was a joke too.....trundled in, fiddled with belts trying to get out, casually walked round car before realising I was in a race, jumped back in, more fiddling with belts then damn starter decides to mess about for 4 or 5 attempts before kicking in