Mark Webber 4 3.81%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jul 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1346060)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Driver of the race: France

Here are a few options. Please ask for more if your driver of the race isn't included.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1346065)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I want Monteiro in it! If he can be man of the race at Indy for beating his team mate and a pair of Minardi's - surely he gets it again for beating a Williams this time!?
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1346066)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso for me.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1346068)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
I want Monteiro in it! If he can be man of the race at Indy for beating his team mate and a pair of Minardi's - surely he gets it again for beating a Williams this time!?
Added, although the Williams did have problems.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1346070)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Raikkonen for me.

Clever strategy and fast driving
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:15 (Ref:1346082)   #6
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Raikkonen aswell, great drive by him
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1346086)   #7
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi, great drive.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:23 (Ref:1346090)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso. Absolutely unstoppable, did not stop pushing. Drove beyond his car unlike his ex-much vaunted teammate, who finished more than a lap adrift.

Kimi and JPM drove good races up until they jumped Michael. then they just faded and settled. But that car is the class of the field on race day.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1346095)   #9
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a fantastic drive for KR, coming from 13th to 2nd. So drive of the day for him!

FA drove a great race too, keeping up his blazing pace.

Ferrari seems to lack the pace of Renault and Mclaren and MS's 3rd was a little disappointing, but if you compared him to his team mate, he must have driven a good race too.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:40 (Ref:1346105)   #10
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Raikkonen, I think he did the best job, and he had a difficult job to do. Alonso was perfect, but he didn't have any real challenge, so I guess I couldn't count him as the driver of the race. JPM, I think, deserves to be in the list, he drove well but was unlucky. Schumacher was not good imo. If I didn't vote for Raikkonen my vote would be for Alonso or JPM who (both) drove perfectly.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1346108)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It has to be KR for me, 13th to 2nd fantastic stuff!
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1346110)   #12
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
aaah, and let me add to my previous post: Raikkonen made 13th-->2nd with NO cars retiring in front of him. Most times a driver has such an impressive climb it's because quite a few of the cars in the front have to retire.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1346118)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
JPM retired to be nitpicky!
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1346125)   #14
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
well, yes, but Raikkonen was laredy in front of him, and his second pitstop would come later than JPM's so I guess JPM didn't really have a chance.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1346126)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yer, the strategy worked better for Kimi today, has to be said. Still, he kept in touch which was crucial. But I think JPM's car was beginning to fade around the stops in any case.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1346138)   #16
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
although this does not have much to do with today's race, I think JPM is just not as good as Raikkonen. He might be able to match his pace a few times, but he lacks the consistency Raikonen, Alonso and Schumacher seem to have.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1346158)   #17
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1346209)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I vote Kimi.

Although not as dramatic, Kimi's drive does have a portion of similarities to that of Michael's drive in San Marino.

Kimi got up to 10th place, but he is stuck behind a train of cars. And once again, it's Trulli's Toyota who held up the pack, meaning that once Kimi got the clear road as everyone peels into pitlane, he could overtake a whole train of cars by pitting in later.That effectively gave him the jump up to third.

Michael and Alonso are tied next in distant second. Alonso had a clean drive and stayed out of trouble. Michael had to work hard to keep his car in third, trying to vary his strategy. But it's not enough to overcome the deficit.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1346212)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi too. But I have to say it was obvious Button was thinking "points" not positions. A class drive really. But Kimi it is. Apart from him was there anything else happening?
Old 3 Jul 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1346215)   #20
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alonso really drove fast and hard, but Kimi overcame much, a stunning drive
well really from the podium.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1346228)   #21
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hard to choose between Alonso and Kimi. I voted for Kimi. Solid qualifying & drive for JV as well.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1346264)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso for me. Fine drive by Kimi and more contentiously, honourable mentions to JB, JV, Ralf (yes, really!) and DC.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1346276)   #23
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Alonso. Flawless stuff.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1346300)   #24
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raikkonen gets it for an astounding qualifying lap alone.

Alonso looked great today, but Kimi looked like a star.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1346312)   #25
thejester
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington
thejester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had to give it to Kimi. Would've won were it not for Friday practice. Alonso, while qualifying and racing to his usual top standard was never under any pressure and beyond the first stint was in control mode, so not a spectacular drive, but a ruthlessly efficient drive.

My silver medal goes to the ever popular Jacques Villeneuve.