Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Feb 2024, 12:52 (Ref:4197276)   #51
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are around 19 factory entries in Hypercar. We can compare this number to what we saw in group C1.
Interesting.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 12:58 (Ref:4197279)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i think we can all agree there is a great race ahead so many different cars in the top class and in GT. only 5 months to go. Still hoping the third Aston makes it but really happy with the variety.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:09 (Ref:4197284)   #53
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
And what additional entries can we expect in 2025? Any new factories?
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:11 (Ref:4197285)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well i think we can all agree there is a great race ahead so many different cars in the top class and in GT. only 5 months to go. Still hoping the third Aston makes it but really happy with the variety.
5 months.....?

I confess I can't see there being many drop-outs again this year, almost certainly not three.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:13 (Ref:4197286)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who can I complain to about all the Orecas entered? Really no variety there??

And a 7th 963 on the reserve list?? Maybe put them as 3 or 4 on the reserve list not #1
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:15 (Ref:4197288)   #56
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
And what additional entries can we expect in 2025? Any new factories?
Aston Martin at least.
https://media.astonmartin.com/aston-...yrie-hypercar/
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:23 (Ref:4197289)   #57
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Didn't Christian Reid say he didn't want to race GT3 because of the extra driver aids compared to GTE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Could just be a placeholder because they have to name at least one driver
Didn't he get the ELMS invite for winning? Would he have to stay aboard the entry or does that get the team in with any drivers?
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:23 (Ref:4197290)   #58
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the large number of factory entries in Hypercar and factory nominated entries in GT3 I wonder how likely teams are to drop out and allow someone in off the reserve list. It feels like a different situation to me compared to previous years.
The non-works Hypercars are serious entries (AF Corse, Jota, Proton), and the LMP2 and additional GT entries are generally well established outfits used to running at LM.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:24 (Ref:4197291)   #59
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Didn't he get the ELMS invite for winning? Would he have to stay aboard the entry or does that get the team in with any drivers?
The team gets the entry
Old 19 Feb 2024, 13:31 (Ref:4197293)   #60
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess, if Proton get's the car on time delivered from Porsche they drop the LMP2 entry to pick up the HY as the 1st on the reserve list....looks like a cut deal with ACO
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:03 (Ref:4197298)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Who can I complain to about all the Orecas entered? Really no variety there??

And a 7th 963 on the reserve list?? Maybe put them as 3 or 4 on the reserve list not #1
I'm happy with another 963. I'd be content if the whole reserve list was Hypercars, personally. And the Orecas, well, we've been there before. I've always thought they put on a good race.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:05 (Ref:4197299)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
With the large number of factory entries in Hypercar and factory nominated entries in GT3 I wonder how likely teams are to drop out and allow someone in off the reserve list. It feels like a different situation to me compared to previous years.
The non-works Hypercars are serious entries (AF Corse, Jota, Proton), and the LMP2 and additional GT entries are generally well established outfits used to running at LM.
I stand to be corrected, but I don't think there were any drop-outs last year, only two of the reserves.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:06 (Ref:4197300)   #63
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
I guess, if Proton get's the car on time delivered from Porsche they drop the LMP2 entry to pick up the HY as the 1st on the reserve list....looks like a cut deal with ACO
They could drop the #44 Ford entry which Reid is listed against, which would get the 2nd 963 into the race.

From SC365 (https://sportscar365.com/lemans/lema...eserve-list/):

"Should any of the LMP2 or LMGT3 teams that have been granted an entry drop out, it would mean the Hypercar class grows to 24 cars."

Also I doubt they would want to drop the LMP2 entry with Reid's son Jonas being in the car.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:07 (Ref:4197301)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
Sounds entirely possible.

Quote:
They could drop the #44 Ford entry which Reid is listed against, which would get the 2nd 963 into the race.

From SC365 (https://sportscar365.com/lemans/lema...eserve-list/):

"Should any of the LMP2 or LMGT3 teams that have been granted an entry drop out, it would mean the Hypercar class grows to 24 cars."
Even more likely, I'd say.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:12 (Ref:4197302)   #65
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hell of a list. Amazing to think how far we've come in a few short years.

Also one of the most complete lists we've ever seen in terms of named drivers.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:12 (Ref:4197303)   #66
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Yes and considering the Rieds longtime support to the Le Mans series/WEC, it's not a surprise the ACO granted the team 2 options to get their 2nd HY car on the grid. And configure the entry list to their self defined parameters.

Interesting also to see all non WEC, non auto invites GTLM3 entries being Ferraris.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:15 (Ref:4197304)   #67
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm happy with another 963. I'd be content if the whole reserve list was Hypercars, personally. And the Orecas, well, we've been there before. I've always thought they put on a good race.
That was my usual smart ass response to the other whinging

Guess I just assumed they would have tried but maybe their sponsor money doesn't cover LM too, half expected PM would try to get one of their Vettes in as well and get 3 on track
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:20 (Ref:4197305)   #68
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Yes and considering the Rieds longtime support to the Le Mans series/WEC, it's not a surprise the ACO granted the team 2 options to get their 2nd HY car on the grid. And configure the entry list to their self defined parameters.

Interesting also to see all non WEC, non auto invites GTLM3 entries being Ferraris.
Disappointing.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:27 (Ref:4197307)   #69
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post

It's 3 cars right? 3 of 23, what variety were we expecting and what teams running other eligible cars were out there cause on the reserve list is one Aston for variety and 2 Ferrari, all 3 from teams with previous LM entry and interest. It's not like they have a huge range of options out there by the time you filter teams and cars.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:38 (Ref:4197309)   #70
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
It's 3 cars right? 3 of 23, what variety were we expecting and what teams running other eligible cars were out there cause on the reserve list is one Aston for variety and 2 Ferrari, all 3 from teams with previous LM entry and interest. It's not like they have a huge range of options out there by the time you filter teams and cars.
At least only one of the extra 3 is run by AF Corse.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:43 (Ref:4197310)   #71
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Proton has 1 HY, 1 LMP2 and 3 GT3 and the first reserve.

So is basically up to them if they want the 2nd HY in or not

Also great entry list! Maybe GT3 a bit too many ferraris but cannot complain in the grand scheme of things
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:48 (Ref:4197312)   #72
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
So Proton has 1 HY, 1 LMP2 and 3 GT3 and the first reserve.

So is basically up to them if they want the 2nd HY in or not

Also great entry list! Maybe GT3 a bit too many ferraris but cannot complain in the grand scheme of things
Yes. Most logical entry to go would be the #44 Ford, which only has Reid listed. Can't imagine the LMP2 entry going because of Reid's son being in the car.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 14:54 (Ref:4197313)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Yes. Most logical entry to go would be the #44 Ford, which only has Reid listed. Can't imagine the LMP2 entry going because of Reid's son being in the car.
Ah yes, I'd missed that.....
Old 19 Feb 2024, 15:49 (Ref:4197317)   #74
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are a few things that are...interesting.

The Proton Hypercar is the obvious one we've all spotted. Having an LMP2 and 3 GT3s over a Hypercar is an odd choice.

But the LMP2 winners from last year, Inter Europol, failed to get their second entry. So Proton have 5 entries (potentially 6), and the winning team has 1? United Autosports also have 4 entries. They get double the entries of the winning team in LMP2?

One of the UA entries should be a second Inter Europol entry. And the Proton Mustang should be swapped for the Proton Hypercar.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 15:59 (Ref:4197319)   #75
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
too bad, as another generic Lmp2 does not makes a difference, the Ford would be nice to see and hear....