Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Feb 2003, 15:12 (Ref:502416)   #1
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's official: Ritter and Forbes at 00

V8x

00 Motorsport announced today that the team drivers for 2003 will be Greg Ritter and Rodney Forbes.
Both will drive new BA Falcons that are currently being built at the team’s Dandenong facility.

“We may only field one BA in the non-championship V8 Supercar races at the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix event, but we intend to have two BA’s ready for the first Championship round in Adelaide later in March” team owner Bob Forbes said.

Ritter and Forbes plan to share the driving duties in the endurance events at Sandown and Bathurst.

With Ford Motor Company having now confirmed their continued support, Forbes said that his energy is now focused on securing a major commercial sponsor for the team.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 02:57 (Ref:502950)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Forbes said that his energy is now focused on securing a major commercial sponsor for the team.
C'mon, we have been hearing this line since 00 stared - they couldn't even get major sponsorship with Lowndes on board for 2 years - do they honestly think they're going to get major sponsorship with a guy taking on his first full season and another guy who's there because Daddy is the boss ?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 03:05 (Ref:502955)   #3
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure 00 Motorsport will score plenty of points this season, the new points system will make sure of it!
Old 11 Feb 2003, 03:07 (Ref:502956)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I presume by commercial sponsosrhip they mean someone other than trade suppliers?

Having Ford, Mobil & Dunlop on your car is hardly ground breaking stuff when they are already involved in the series in a huge way....

Perhaps the 2nd driver variant option with the large cheque book will be the 'commercial' input they require....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Feb 2003, 03:12 (Ref:502957)   #5
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too find it hard to believe that 00 Motorsport couldn't attract one major sponsor (other than obvious space fillers like Ford, Mobil and Dunlop). Even with the phenomenon known as Craig Lowndes, there were no companies stepping up?
Unbelievable.

How long before Alan Heaphy moves on too?

00 Motorsport had all the elements to possibly be one of the top teams, but with Lowndes and Fiorinotto now gone, what will become of them?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 11 Feb 2003, 03:28 (Ref:502962)   #6
thepaw
Rookie

thepaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
00 will be announcing a new major sponsor in the next week. I am led to believe it will be one from left field as well.

I would suggest given that 00 is a strong possibility to move north next season Alan Heaphy would have no reason to move on. Especially considering Forbes and Alan have a long history of working together.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 05:42 (Ref:502983)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By north I presume you are talking sunny Sydney the paw, not boring Brissie or the glitzy Gold Coast?

This will of course destroy LRT's marketing fantasia that they are Sydney's only V8 Supercar team

Oh well, any business that sells a sponsorship or has a marketing position based purely on regional lines ignores and alienates the rest of the population.....

I am curious about the 00 sponsor... the noise around and about includes Orange Mobiles...
Old 11 Feb 2003, 06:00 (Ref:502990)   #8
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by thepaw
00 I am led to believe it will be one from left field as well.

Where is this "Left Field" everyone talks about. I've searched countless maps and atlas and I cant find the joint.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 10:52 (Ref:503175)   #9
gsr
Racer

gsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rocket Rodney the most under rated driver in the series.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 12:02 (Ref:503237)   #10
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha, that was a funny one GSR, im still giggling.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 23:01 (Ref:503823)   #11
rosswill01
Rookie

rosswill01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GSR - where do you get your facts from - A man who constantly sits at the back of the pack and rarely finishes a race, and gets a drive cause of daddy cant be classified as an under rated driver buddy. Now i'm no v8 supercar driver and im sure master forbes can drive and handle a car better than me but that is his 'Profession' and I think he should learn to whistle. Its a bit like Paul Morris saying he has a major sponsor. ever looked at the word 'Sirromet' backwards - Once again its a case of Daddy looking after spoilt little son. Cant drive and no quality. Mind you if I could do it My boys would be able to have ppl bagging them too hey rhys. hehe
Old 12 Feb 2003, 11:26 (Ref:504269)   #12
gsr
Racer

rosswill
Throw the line out and reel em in. There's one in every group
Old 14 Feb 2003, 02:52 (Ref:506060)   #13
Pure GT
Racer

Pure GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gsr
Rocket Rodney the most under rated driver in the series.
If you think that Rocket Rod is the most under rated driver in the series, who do you believe is the most over rated? Interested in your view, GSR.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 03:05 (Ref:506071)   #14
silvervsix
Racer

silvervsix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How will Ritter go as the teams number one driver??
Old 14 Feb 2003, 03:14 (Ref:506074)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I would say silversix it will depend largely on his engineer.

Ritter has shown he can drive & carry a sick dog from the time at DJR, it remains to be seen if there is a sound car development technical skill within his portfolio

Thankfully Oscar isnt at 00 any more, so perhaps the person who steps up needs to engineer the car to suit where he thinks the car needs to be, and have the driver fine tune it until the testing skills can improve
Old 14 Feb 2003, 10:47 (Ref:506286)   #16
gsr
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Pure GT
If you think that Rocket Rod is the most under rated driver in the series, who do you believe is the most over rated? Interested in your view, GSR.
Jason Bright. Is his brain fully functional?