Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Who's going to win the 2014 24 Hours of Le Mans?
Audi 49 28.99%
Porsche 23 13.61%
Toyota 94 55.62%
The others...! 3 1.78%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 May 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3402927)   #26
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Seeing as several teams have opted to test on the Bugatti circuit between the Test day and scrutineering in the past few years, I'd think so.
Thanks.
Old 6 May 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3402934)   #27
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That wasn't really a confirmation of anything but assumption, but you're welcome

I also remember seeing them setting up the garages during the previous week too

Anyone know if ACO mandates when you can run on Bugatti or is it more up to the teams? That is when there's nothing going / blocking the track of course
Old 6 May 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3402938)   #28
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of the test day, they haven't started to sell the tickets on their website yet. Last year they were available months earlier.
I hope Porsche will win but it's unlikely. If Porsche doesn't win I hope Audi will, but I think Toyota has the best chances
Old 6 May 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3402940)   #29
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Speaking of the test day, they haven't started to sell the tickets on their website yet. Last year they were available months earlier.
I hope Porsche will win but it's unlikely. If Porsche doesn't win I hope Audi will, but I think Toyota has the best chances
General entrance tickets for the race offer Test Day admission too as far as I know.
Old 6 May 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3402944)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That is correct Victor
Old 6 May 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3402948)   #31
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The "problem" is that I won't go to the race, only test day this year. Last year they had dedicated tickets
Old 6 May 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3402950)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm sure you'll be able to pay just to get in on the test day although whether they will issue tickets just for the day, I've no idea.
Old 6 May 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3402954)   #33
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Tom Kristensen himself, Audi will not be the favourite this year. The situation reminds me 2009 when Peugeot won. The R15 wasn't ready enough.
I would like to see Toyota win because they have worked and progressed each year. The R18 2014 is still a fantastic car but Toyota seems to have made the better choice with 6 MJ, "EoT incentive" or not. The only question is the reliability, because they enter only two cars instead of three. Porsche will be the fireworks and a podium is possible for them.
Old 6 May 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3402957)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd like Toyota to win and I believe they will. I've nothing against Audi (or Porsche, for that matter), but I would like to see one of those two ring the changes... Audi have been tremendous, but you can have too much of a good thing.....
Old 6 May 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3402960)   #35
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
According to Tom Kristensen himself, Audi will not be the favourite this year. The situation reminds me 2009 when Peugeot won. The R15 wasn't ready enough.
Yeah but in 2009 (and 2010 minus 908 reliability in one race) Peugeot had clearly made the superior car and there was absolutely nothing to argue about that*, now in 2014 with all the EoT we don't really know -yet- whether to point fingers at Audi or EoT messing up the results sheets too much. Probably both but still.

* there was no BoP at all between the diesels in 2007-2011. Hence 4 seconds gaps between Pug and Audi in LM qualis
Old 6 May 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3402980)   #36
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
It feels strange as a Porsche fan to be skeptical about the reliability of the car. It was never one of Porsche's weak points.
Is it really surprising? the RS Spyder had diabolical electrical gremlins for almost a year!
Old 6 May 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3402985)   #37
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was looking forward to a dog fight amongst the 3 manufacturers which is why it bothers me that the Audi might not be there on pace. That's the most exciting kind of race. But I'd be forgetting that there are soo many other factors. Even if a car were to run reliably, an accident could end the day for both Toyotas. I think Porsche will get the pole and dominate the early hours of the race because the top speed is ridiculous.
Old 6 May 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3402988)   #38
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Is it really surprising? the RS Spyder had diabolical electrical gremlins for almost a year!
I never said they didn't have issues in the past. What was said was that reliability was not one of their weaknesses.
Old 6 May 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3402989)   #39
Deleted
Veteran

Better to be unreliable first and reliable later than the other way round. Ie Saleen S7-R's glorious win at Sebring and then years of horrendous reliability in longer races
Old 6 May 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3403028)   #40
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
Realisticly audi could win the race only with a "2010 strategy" that basicly means = audi finishes the race, toyota and porsche not. IMHO porsche has not a great reliability to run the whole race without issues, toyota maybe could do it, but we have not to forget that in 2013 both ts030 at le mans ran with a very conservative engine map, that improved a lot the overall reliability (indeed at le mans 2013 ts030 were slower than 2012).
Plus in 2013, Toyota set their car up for mixed conditions. And also ran slower because they were trying to maximise the 3 liter bop given to them to go an extra lap than Audi. Imo, even if they didn't go that route, their best would be 3:24's which is still slower than Audi.

Im a Toyota fan, so of course I want them to win. But realistically I think this year, theyre in the best position since 98-99. Last two years they only had the stint length in '13 and were newcomers in '12. I think Vette will be strong this year as well. Hoping for a great battle up front in those two classes.
Old 6 May 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3403049)   #41
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's for Toyota to win LM. I've got a feeling they will pull it off this year. Let's hope all the teams give a good fight so we will all be winners.
Old 6 May 2014, 21:03 (Ref:3403062)   #42
Deleted
Veteran

Hope is gonna win
P1 - Rebellion... well since that won't happen Porsche
P2 - Larbre
PRO - Corvette
AM - Dempsey

Hate if would win

P1 - Toyota... wouldn't hate it but it would be the least pleasing, also puts question mark for their future more than not winning I'd think
P2 - I don't know, maybe Alpine, would hate them bragging about that rebadged Oreca being champion
PRO - Aston
AM - Aston

Think is gonna win... before Test Day

P1 - Toyota
P2 - OAK
PRO - Depends on upcoming BoP but let's say Porsche again
AM - Ferrari? Lol. Okay AF Corse I guess

I'm not going to mention that other sub class.

ZEOD gets a positive nod if it
a) survives past midnight
b) doesn't get more screen time than all non-works LMP1s put together
c) isn't constantly referred as "we like to do things a little differently here at Nissan" by Darren Cox

Last edited by Deleted; 6 May 2014 at 21:10.
Old 6 May 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3403066)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I still struggle to understand why a Toyota win would be the 'least pleasing'?

Heck, who cares. I just want to see a bloody good race. Leaving all the technical mumbo-jumbo aside, I'll just keep my fingers and toes crossed.
Old 6 May 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3403067)   #44
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I still struggle to understand why a Toyota win would be the 'least pleasing'?
To me... just me

They are all my opinions...
Old 6 May 2014, 21:15 (Ref:3403073)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh well, OK.......
Old 6 May 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3403081)   #46
Deleted
Veteran

We all show our opinions here, one way or another... ...

Anyway yeah if there are Toyota or Aston or whatever fans here, if you're their supporter that's great, that was just my old personal preference for the outcome of the race and not to be taken seriously
Old 6 May 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3403090)   #47
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In my opinion Toyota 'deserves' a win because they had the guts of competing 3 years ago, when LMP1 was nearly 'dead' and they saved LM.And let's not forget they tried before...
This is what I would love to happen. Won't hate it if Audi, Porsche, Rebellion....wins.
btw there is no such thing as hate for winners only respect, but that is only my opinion
Old 6 May 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3403107)   #48
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
In my opinion Toyota 'deserves' a win because they had the guts of competing 3 years ago, when LMP1 was nearly 'dead' and they saved LM.And let's not forget they tried before...
This is what I would love to happen. Won't hate it if Audi, Porsche, Rebellion....wins.
btw there is no such thing as hate for winners only respect, but that is only my opinion
I think this sums it up neatly.

All my many years of watching Le Mans has told me that winning this is hard, anyone who can do it (and yes, even the the Dauer 962) is deserving of a "yes, well played".

Is the Toyota my favourite car of this year? No, it isn't, not by a long chalk, but I sure as hell respect the fact that they came with a fast but fragile F1 derived car in 2012, keeping the series alive, and raced with panache, and that they rolled with the huge punches that came with having awakened Audi's sleeping giant last year, and responded with an impeccably sorted car this year. If they win come June, and I think they might, I'll cheer long, I'll cheer hard, and I might be pleased I'm not driving home this year and pop a cork or two.

But if Audi do it? Or Porsche? Or Rebellion pull one of the hat? Or more likely than the last and there's an LMP1 meltdown and we end up with an Oak / Oreca showdown will I complain? Of course I won't; I'll relish every single minute.

Last edited by isynge; 6 May 2014 at 22:30. Reason: grammar
Old 6 May 2014, 22:21 (Ref:3403110)   #49
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed that you can't begrudge anyone who comes out on top after 24 hours.

I can't believe the amount of people who've gone for Toyota in the poll. Maybe I should stick some money on Audi now they are seemingly rank outsiders.

Then if Toyota win I'll be happy, and if Audi win I'd have some more for the tolls. Win/Win.
Old 6 May 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3403130)   #50
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is certainly the weakest Audi has been for a while. I would say Toyota in 2014 has had a more dominating presence than Peugeot in 2008...but we know who won Le Mans that year

Toyota has the speed, the reliability, and proper management. The only disadvantage against Toyota is 2 cars vs 3. But I wouldn't be surprised if Audi wins. There is something about Le Mans that brings out the absolute best from Audi.