Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Apr 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3818342)   #1526
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
ACO/WEC world feed team for non-LM races
Martin Haven
Allan McNish
Graham Goodwin
Louise Beckett

ACO/WEC world feed team for Le Mans 24 Hours
Martin Haven
Allan McNish
Toby Moody
Karun Chandhok
Peter Dumbreck
Julian Porter
Louise Beckett

Whilst I would still prefer RLM on the video, this is a significant improvement and very watchable.
Old 30 Apr 2018, 12:08 (Ref:3818360)   #1527
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haven's always had his haters (not as drastically as with Kirby, Cole and others of course) but I've always liked him despite the flaws. Which all people have anyway.

In recent years, rather than in motor racing, I've actually very much preferred his commentary on IBSF Skeleton and Bobsleigh. It's easier for him to remember / have a true grasp of things in a sport he covers exclusively on-site, involving people he works around. The way the sport flows is also very different in sliding. It's just a better fit for him. You know rather than the mishmash all-over-the-place racing coverage he does for Eurosport that leads to him often getting confused, misremembering things and having at times weird viewpoints.

All in all, I don't think he's as good at Le Mans commentary than in IBSF, but I still like it. And in any case he has the ability to chitchat whatever even when nothing's happening, which is always good. Oh and the jokes and rants lol

Last edited by Deleted; 30 Apr 2018 at 12:17.
Old 30 Apr 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3818390)   #1528
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I thought Moody did a pretty decent job last year, would have liked to see him back. Though I did prefer him on MotoGP duty which is almost impossible to watch with the current team on it.
Old 2 May 2018, 01:35 (Ref:3818770)   #1529
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Heads up, RLM preview will be on THU evening

Not sure if it's live though (in which case there could be comments regarding what happened in FP1/2 and whatever paddock chitchat)
Old 2 May 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3818815)   #1530
tomerswayler
Racer

tomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtomerswayler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The pecking order from Spa, is it usually similar to the one in Le Mans?
Old 2 May 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3818840)   #1531
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomerswayler View Post
The pecking order from Spa, is it usually similar to the one in Le Mans?
Since Spa's reintroduction into ACO racing, only four times (or just three if you count the R8 semi-factory teams in 2004 as separate) has the marque that won Spa 6 Hours overall won Le Mans

Anyway I don't think you can really compare the race results, qualifying is more suitable

And the teams itself, I don't think they look at the *results* as much per say [of how's LM looking after Spa], but rather their own data

Last edited by Deleted; 2 May 2018 at 11:06. Reason: corrected values
Old 2 May 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3818864)   #1532
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Spa will not be ignored in itself and treated only as training for Le Mans.
First, there are less races in the season than before and second in Le Mans you don't get double points anymore.
So from championship point of view I think every win in the season is more valuable.
Especially for Toyota who just have to calculate what if they somehow don't make it one more time .
Old 2 May 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3818906)   #1533
Deleted
Veteran

In essence, in regards to the full season points wise, LM is actually even more important than ever before because it will happen twice. 1.5x points times 2 equals points of 3x 6 Hour races, ie almost half of the points available for rest of the season

Sebring actually gives most points of all in contrast to magnitude of the event, "thanks" to 1500 miles downgrading to 1000 miles / 8 hours, yet the points staying the same.

Anyway here's first Wednesday photo gallery - no zebras yet
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...otos-from-spa/

And bunch of new Alonso PR & interviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opadYXuAHvo
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/a...r-wec-le-mans/
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...edule-1032490/
Old 2 May 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3818937)   #1534
Deleted
Veteran

"Exclusive interview from a brand new manufacturer with LM24 ambition"
https://twitter.com/specutainment/st...20424573845504

Hopefully that doesn't mean Brabs as I still don't trust em to ever actually field anything on race track
Old 2 May 2018, 20:09 (Ref:3818949)   #1535
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Hopefully that doesn't mean Brabs as I still don't trust em to ever actually field anything on race track
Well:
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/n...-bt62-hypercar
Old 2 May 2018, 20:37 (Ref:3818952)   #1536
Deleted
Veteran

The carmaker may not be returning to its winning F1 ways, but a Le Mans 24 Hours entry may be on the cards.

At least there's a word 'may' instead of 'intends' this time around.

I'm sure many are still looking forward to their new approach LMP2 entry into the 2015 season though, as well as the P1 constructor bid for 2017 or 2018.
Old 2 May 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3818958)   #1537
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:

The more RLM hypes some interview the more likely it is going to be anticlimatic.
Old 2 May 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3818959)   #1538
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
The more RLM hypes some interview the more likely it is going to be anticlimatic.
Yes but it's not as bad as the "We told you x time ago that this was going to happen when no-one else was reporting this"
Old 3 May 2018, 09:54 (Ref:3819054)   #1539
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Chiana;3818906]In essence, in regards to the full season points wise, LM is actually even more important than ever before because it will happen twice. 1.5x points times 2 equals points of 3x 6 Hour races, ie almost half of the points available for rest of the season

Sebring actually gives most points of all in contrast to magnitude of the event, "thanks" to 1500 miles downgrading to 1000 miles / 8 hours, yet the points staying the same.

You are right. Still Toyota has to try and win every "not LM" race in order to win the championship.

OK, so no more scepticism, negativity, relativity or cynism today.
All I wanna say is Yes, yes, YES we are rolling! It all starts in a couple of minutes and the wait is over

My bet Toyota is going to win the championship and Le Mans '18 will go to Rebellion. But If they will forget about compromises for the first(!) time Toyota could win LM '19.
Howgh!
Have a super Supersason!
Old 3 May 2018, 09:55 (Ref:3819055)   #1540
Turbodcc
Rookie

Turbodcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone tell me how the WEC APP is used on PC??? I've purchased the full season race pack on google play for android, but it says it can go onto PC, five devices in total.

Am I right to assume it will be streaming through the website and you just log in when races are on??? So confusing
Old 3 May 2018, 10:26 (Ref:3819061)   #1541
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodcc View Post
Can someone tell me how the WEC APP is used on PC??? I've purchased the full season race pack on google play for android, but it says it can go onto PC, five devices in total.

Am I right to assume it will be streaming through the website and you just log in when races are on??? So confusing
Yup.

https://members.fiawec.com

The live stream will show up there once it is on (if they remember to put it on ). The website is absolutely hideous.
Old 3 May 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3819077)   #1542
Turbodcc
Rookie

Turbodcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Yup.

https://members.fiawec.com

The live stream will show up there once it is on (if they remember to put it on ). The website is absolutely hideous.
Thanks, yes it is **** poor
Old 3 May 2018, 12:26 (Ref:3819085)   #1543
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a poor site! Haven't seen it posted here but it also sounds like the app will be blocked for the US and Canada, so people over there won't be able to use it.

Once again ACO, one step forwards, two steps back. They have what looks to be a great championship with good entries then spoil it with things like this.
Old 3 May 2018, 13:28 (Ref:3819103)   #1544
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
[QUOTE=XtC24;3819054]
Quote:
In essence, in regards to the full season points wise, LM is actually even more important than ever before because it will happen twice. 1.5x points times 2 equals points of 3x 6 Hour races, ie almost half of the points available for rest of the season

You are right. Still Toyota has to try and win every "not LM" race in order to win the championship.

OK, so no more scepticism, negativity, relativity or cynism today.
All I wanna say is Yes, yes, YES we are rolling! It all starts in a couple of minutes and the wait is over

My bet Toyota is going to win the championship and Le Mans '18 will go to Rebellion. But If they will forget about compromises for the first(!) time Toyota could win LM '19.
Howgh!
Have a super Supersason!
Sorry, WEC has shattered your fanboy dream already....

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/l...length-limits/
Old 3 May 2018, 16:40 (Ref:3819156)   #1545
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
How can you get the motortrend app? The 14 day trial is that for the race streams too?
Old 3 May 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3819160)   #1546
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mandated stint lengths... pure nonsense.
Old 3 May 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3819161)   #1547
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
How can you get the motortrend app? The 14 day trial is that for the race streams too?
It had better be. I signed up for it as I am trying to do things the proper, legal way. If I turn it on tomorrow for qualifying at 8:50am and I can't watch it I am going to be p1ssed!
Old 3 May 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3819163)   #1548
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Mandated stint lengths... pure nonsense.
The article is nonsense. There is no mandated stint length based on laps. The only thing that's changed is the maximum amount of fuel to be used in a stint. It's gone down from what was set pre-Prologue. Over two weeks ago.

And just in case it wasn't clear enough: this was always in the EoT tables.
Old 3 May 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3819173)   #1549
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
It had better be. I signed up for it as I am trying to do things the proper, legal way. If I turn it on tomorrow for qualifying at 8:50am and I can't watch it I am going to be p1ssed!
I saw it yesterday but decided to hold off, did it require a credit card etc. for the 'free' trial?
Old 3 May 2018, 17:41 (Ref:3819197)   #1550
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I saw it yesterday but decided to hold off, did it require a credit card etc. for the 'free' trial?
Yes, I had to input a credit card for the free trial, but apparently will not be charged until the trial is over.